Sea Princess RTW 2018

Just received info about the 2018 Round the World Cruise by the Sea Princess. Departing 5 June 2018 and returning 19 Sep. Not going via Great Australian Bight, could be a bit rough during Winter. ;)

Going to Greenland and 4 ports in Canada along with 4 in Italy. Release date is 10 Nov 16.

I received a newsletter today as well. Heres some more info. This is for Ak/Ak

Princess will be only operating World Cruise in 2018 and will not be operating the Circle South Pacific Cruise.

YOUR ITINERARY

1st June 2018: Auckland, New Zealand: Embark

5th June: Sydney, Australia: Full Day

7th June: Brisbane, Australia: Full Day

14th June: Komodo Island, Indonesia: Full Day

17th June: Singapore, Singapore: Full Day

21st June: Colombo, Sri Lanka: Full Day

25th June: Muscat, Oman: Full Day

26th & 27th June: Dubai, United Arab Emirated (2 Days)

4th July: Aqaba (For Petra), Jordan: Full Day & Evening

5th July: Transit Suez Canal

8th July: Cephalonia, Greece: Half Day

9th July: Corfu, Greece: Full Day

10th July: Kotor, Montenrgro: Full Day

11th July: Dubrovnik, Croatia: Half Day

12th July: Ravenna: Italy: Full Day & Evening

13th & 14th July: Venice, Italy (2 Days)

16th July: Messina, Italy: Full Day

17th July: Salerno, Italy: Full Day

19th & 20th July: Barcelona, Spain (2 Days)

22nd July: Lisbon, Portugal: Afternoon & Evening

25th July: Southampton, England: Full Day

27th July: Cobh, Ireland: Full Day & Evening

30th July: Reykjavik, Iceland: Full Day & Evening

2nd August: Nanortalik, Greenland: Full Day

3rd August: Qaqortoq, Greenland: Full Day

6th August: Corner Brook, Canada: Full Day

8th August: Saguenay River, Canada: Scenic Cruising

9th August: Quebec City, Canada: Full Day & Evening

11th August: Charlottetown, Canada: Afternoon & Evening

14th & 15th August: New York, USA (2 Days)

17th August: Charleston, USA: Full Day & Evening

19th August: Miami, USA: Full Day & Evening

20th August: Key West, USA: Full Day & Evening

23rd August: Limon, Costa Rica: Full Day

24th August: Transit Panama Canal

26th August: Quito, Ecuador: Full Day

28th & 29th August: Lima, Peru: (2 Days)

3rd September: Easter Island, Chile: Full Day

6th September: Pitcairn Island: Scenic Cruising

9th September: Papeete, Tahiti: Full Day & Evening

10th September: Raiatea, French Polynesia: Full Day

16th September: Auckland, New Zealand: Disembark

Great to see Princess they are adding new ports to keep it interesting.

This years world cruise had to shelter off Esperance WA for a day until the weather improved so going north to the warmer climate is a good idea.

We missed Sri Lanka, Germany and Easter Island because of the weather so there is never any guarantees you will make it into every port. Such is the cruising life :)

Marg.

Princess will only have the Sea n Sun operating here by then at that time of year:( I guess they can't send them both off around the world.......I liked the Circle Pacific Itineray for a shorter return cruise, not that I have done it:p

I pre registered to do the Southampton to New York sector. Would probably have to be inside cabin, but wouldn't mind an obstructed oceanview. Just have to work out which cabin, and then see what the pricing is. There is a bit of a difference between inside and oceanview cabin.

The lure for me is Greenland, Canada ports and the overnight in New York at the end.

I pre registered to do the Southampton to New York sector. Would probably have to be inside cabin, but wouldn't mind an obstructed oceanview. Just have to work out which cabin, and then see what the pricing is. There is a bit of a difference between inside and oceanview cabin.

The lure for me is Greenland, Canada ports and the overnight in New York at the end.

Sarah have a look at the P&O UK ships or even Cunard doing Southampton/NY. Better ships and cheaper than Sea Princess on that sector. We did Aurora last year, Southampton - NY then several east coast ports up to Halifax and return to Southampton, very reasonable. P&O UK are very good, better than P&O Australia in my opinion, if you don't mind travelling with mostly poms, rather than mostly Aussies.

Personally I think the price for the Australian Princess world cruises is over the top in price, $215 per day pp tws for an inside cabin is excessive I think. I have a mate doing the whole 104 day worldie next year on Sun Princess, on his own in an inside cabin $42,000 ($405 per day) a lot of brass.

Some food for thought anyway.

Edited by NSWP

Some great ports but I am holding out hope that PO UK Azura, she is listed in Sydney ports again but this time for 2019, WILL do a worldie..... we are doing 35 nights on PO UK Oceana, a Sun Class sister, in Feb 17 ...be looking for a change for world or part world cruising....:D:D

Sarah have a look at the P&O UK ships or even Cunard doing Southampton/NY. Better ships and cheaper than Sea Princess on that sector. We did Aurora last year, Southampton - NY then several east coast ports up to Halifax and return to Southampton, very reasonable. P&O UK are very good, better than P&O Australia in my opinion, if you don't mind travelling with mostly poms, rather than mostly Aussies.

Personally I think the price for the Australian Princess world cruises is over the top in price, $215 per day pp tws for an inside cabin is excessive I think. I have a mate doing the whole 104 day worldie next year on Sun Princess, on his own in an inside cabin $42,000 ($405 per day) a lot of brass.

Thanks for that. I hadn't considered those two lines. I have a look at their cruise schedules.

Personally I think the price for the Australian Princess world cruises is over the top in price, $215 per day pp. tw.s for an inside cabin is excessive I think.

I have a mate doing the whole 104 day worldie next year on Sun Princess, on his own in an inside cabin $42,000 ($405 per day) a lot of brass.

G'day Uncle Les

Did your mate win lotto, or is he just making sure the offspring get nada inheritance? :p

Couldn't agree with you more mate, ridiculous pricing on that old clunker.

Good luck Princess on fully selling that one out with those per day prices!

$215.00 ($207.55 p.p. tw. Share by my calcs ;) ) a day for an inside cave is Balcony moolah for mine...(a balc. is $330.00 p.p. tw. S. btw) :eek: :rolleyes:

Ye Gods $660.00 a day for that, the missus and I would want full mini bar set and a butler for the whole 106 nights plus as many free visits to "Share" as you wanted...

Cheers r

:cool:

G'day Uncle Les

Did your mate win lotto, or is he just making sure the offspring get nada inheritance? :p

Couldn't agree with you more mate, ridiculous pricing on that old clunker.

Good luck Princess on fully selling that one out with those per day prices!

$215.00 ($207.55 p.p. tw. Share by my calcs ;) ) a day for an inside cave is Balcony moolah for mine...(a balc. is $330.00 p.p. tw. S. btw) :eek: :rolleyes:

Ye Gods $660.00 a day for that, the missus and I would want full mini bar set and a butler for the whole 106 nights plus as many free visits to "Share" as you wanted...

Cheers r

:cool:

G'day Mr Rabbitoh... the mate is a member of the SKI Club, for sure, but arn't we all? spending Kids Inheritance, I know I am.

He was on Golden Princess around South America with us a couple of years ago, shared a cabin but his cabin mate, drove him nuts.

But I agree, sole occupancy of a cabin on any line is huge, especially on a 'Worldie.'

Edited by NSWP

Well I put a hold on a cabin for the sector Southampton to New York. That sector is booked at 80% at the moment and there were only 7 inside cabins left. Also couple of things first time on World Cruise they accept FCC and there will be anytime dining.

Well I put a hold on a cabin for the sector Southampton to New York. That sector is booked at 80% at the moment and there were only 7 inside cabins left. Also couple of things first time on World Cruise they accept FCC and there will be anytime dining.

Congrat Sarah. Some great ports you will see on the east coast of USA/Canada. Quebec City was my favourite.

You will get some nice rock and roll in ye olde Atlantic.

Congrat Sarah. Some great ports you will see on the east coast of USA/Canada. Quebec City was my favourite.

You will get some nice rock and roll in ye olde Atlantic.

I've done the crossing before. I love the itinerary. So many good ports.