How bad is the coffee/Iced tea/Lemonade?

nanseev

I'm a Dunkin Donuts coffee girl (not Starbucks, not specialty). I drink it with either coffeemate or half and half, and sweet n low. I usually have brewed iced tea with sweet n low for the rest of the day.

As I debate whether to purchase Cheers, I'm less worried about the alcohol, and more worried about my non-alcohol drinks. How bad is the coffee? Is the iced tea brewed? Do they have the Pink sweetener available (not equal, Splenda or stevia). Is the water safe (lol...as we are cruising in Mexico) and does it have a funky flavor?

Edited by nanseev

Coffee is ehhhh but the coffee shop ( additional cost) isn't bad. I find the lemonade to be very strong but added some extra water or some of the unsweetened ice tea makes it ok. Bring your own cup. The cups are pretty small.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Free coffee is hit or miss. ..Lido was eh, MDR and room service pretty good. The pay coffee you get with cheers is supposedly better but I never had it. More flavored options there but I drink mine black so never wanted any pay coffees

sent from my galaxy tab a

The coffee is not to good, we only drink it at breskfast. Then we buy at the desert bar the rest of the time. Its pretty good. The pink packs are readlly available, I use it all the time. Iced tea is not brewed, guava and orange juice is good, as is the hot choc. The water is safe, I drink it with ice in it. Some like it some dont. You will find half and half and milk along with the creamer paks. Tea bags are also available.The water is converted from sea water on board. Bring a hot cold tumbler with you, the cups are small, and you will be going back and forth filling it up.

Glass half empty kind of girl huh?

How BAD is this cruise going to be?

How BAD is the food?

How BAD is the coffee?

Lol! Actually, just the opposite. But I've seen a theme on here that as good as everything is, the free drinks are not. I just don't know if the theme is just your certain percentage that you can't please, if the beverage likeability is subjective (hence, me noting I like DD versus Starbucks for flavor), or if they are truly just bad. I'm stuck on whether to get Cheers, as I'm not a huge drinker, but I do like coffee, iced tea, water...and a few alcohol drinks. My husband drinks more beer, so he could benefit, but it's either both or none.

I'm an over-planner, and keep going back and forth on Cheers, and realized one of my deciding factors is the daytime drinks. And hubby doesn't drink know soda, so Bublessed is out for at least him.

Lol! Actually, just the opposite. But I've seen a theme on here that as good as everything is, the free drinks are not. I just don't know if the theme is just your certain percentage that you can't please, if the beverage likeability is subjective (hence, me noting I like DD versus Starbucks for flavor), or if they are truly just bad. I'm stuck on whether to get Cheers, as I'm not a huge drinker, but I do like coffee, iced tea, water...and a few alcohol drinks. My husband drinks more beer, so he could benefit, but it's either both or none.

I'm an over-planner, and keep going back and forth on Cheers, and realized one of my deciding factors is the daytime drinks. And hubby doesn't drink know soda, so Bublessed is out for at least him.

I opted not to do cheers. Wife rarely drinks and I can live just fine with beer. I can tell you I bought all the beers I wanted and never felt like I was getting shortchanged on alcohol and my liquor bill at end of cruise was wayyyyyyy less than cheers would have been. That's including a bottle of wine at the steakhouse (with a coupon but still paid some) and a cocktail here and there in addition to beer whenever I wanted.

On Fascination the iced tea and lemonade came out of cartons. Mixed together they weren't too bad. I am also a Dunkin' fan versus Starbucks. The coffee was passable for a week. Of course if you have Cheers you would be able to forego the Lido coffee when the coffee bar is open. I didn't get a chance to try it but I would hope that something that they charge for is better than something that they give away. I saw pink envelopes galore.

I don't think I could drink enough coffee to justify cheers. I am someone that could drink coffee all day long. The coffee on the lido isn't great but as other have stated adding hot chocolate to your large travel mug really helps. I figure the added calories don't count on a cruise. The coffee in the MDR is better. As far as the tea. I either brew my own (too much hassle) or take those little concentrated squirt bottles.

Hate Starbucks, love Dunkin, no flavors here too. I found the coffee very strong and bitter. I'm pretty sure pink sweetener was abundant. I use Splenda and I know that was there. You could always bring a small box of packets or one of those tiny concentrated bottles of sweetener. I don't like iced tea, but thought the lemonade was very good. Lots of flavor.

I love iced tea but not Carnival's! I'm not sure what it tastes like...but it sure isn't tea. I fill a couple of cups with hot water, add a couple of tea bags and let it steep. Then I fill my glass with ice and pour the tea over it and voila! Lipton iced tea!

The coffee is okay - especially during high usage times where it's turned over quickly (like mornings and around meal times or in the early evening when they make fresh). When it's been sitting in the canister for a while it gets very bitter.

The iced tea is bitter if you just take it out of the dispenser. I guess if you added sweetener, it might be okay. For me, I add about 1/3 lemonade and 2/3 iced tea and it's okay. Make sure to add ice. I think the colder it is, the less bitter.

Yes they have the pink sweetener available (its the one my mother prefers as well).

You could also brew your own iced tea with hot water, a Lipton tea bag (available at the buffet) and a couple of glasses of ice (plus your sweetener).

Water is fine (especially again with ice), though I would recommend ordering the 12 pack of water bottles for $3.99 from the fun shops. It's nice to have some water in your cabin or have a sealed bottle to take ashore.

Coffee preferences, like food, are subjective. While the coffee on the Lido deck isn't the greatest in the world, it's not the worst either. Those that say it's horrible have probably never tasted vending machine coffee. Compared to coffee from a vending machine, the ship's coffee is borderline gourmet. However, some flavored creamer can only help. I'm not a tea drinker, so I can't comment on that. The lemonade is okay. Just don't drink any right after eating vanilla ice cream. :eek: Trust me on this. :D The ship's water is fine, and perfectly safe to drink. What do you think the coffee, iced tea, lemonade and ice cubes are made from?

We never ate at the buffet, so I only had the free coffee from the MDR, and I thought it was good. Better than the late' from there that I would have paid extra for had I not had cheers. At home, I drink coffee with creamer only, and in the MDR just put cream in it and it was very good.

The coffee bar has good coffee, and compared to starbucks, are very inexpensive. I think 3.50 for the flavored, specialty drinks.

We did have cheers, as we knew that we would take advantage of the coffee bar in addition to the alcohol. We stopped at the coffee bar less than I expected since I did like the coffee in the MDR.

I did not ever try the tea or lemonade but I thought the water was fine. We also ordered the case of water to have in our room.