Free drink at sea day brunch?

Do they still offer this for past cruisers? I'm thinking it was a coupon in the fun times.

The free drink during sea day brunch is a platinum and diamond perk. The coupon is at the bottom of the P&D letter left in the stateroom.

Gold cruisers get the coupon for a free last day (evening) drink.

Edited by evandbob

The free drink during sea day brunch is a platinum and diamond perk. The coupon is at the bottom of the P&D letter left in the stateroom.

Gold cruisers get the coupon for a free last day (evening) drink.

I just looked at the VFIP benefit chart and did not see where Golds get the free drink, I think they did away with that perk and now you get a bottle of water.

Sorry after a second look the Gold level does get the free drink coupon.

Edited by Ohio Bucki

Though it may not always work, if you frequent a certain bar, and get to know the bartender, you may be able to use the coupon at that bar. I have on 2 out of 3 legs of my Vista cruises I'm on at the moment. I totally forgot about the coupon on the middle leg.

I just looked at the VFIP benefit chart and did not see where Golds get the free drink, I think they did away with that perk and now you get a bottle of water.

I copied this from where you were looking on Carnivals VIFP page:

Appreciation drink on 5+ day cruises (on the last evening of the cruise after 5pm

It's the 4th item down under Golds.

Edited by evandbob

I copied this from where you were looking on Carnivals VIFP page:

Appreciation drink on 5+ day cruises (on the last evening of the cruise after 5pm

It's the 4th item down under Golds.

Oh man, so they did away with the appreciation party on the last night? I'm very sad about this! I only got to enjoy it one time since I reached gold before DH did! 😭 Bummer

Oh man, so they did away with the appreciation party on the last night? I'm very sad about this! I only got to enjoy it one time since I reached gold before DH did! Bummer
Yes, Golds (and Reds) have been banished from the Past Guest Party, it is now for Plat/Dia only.

The "free drink on last night" is to partially soothe the ruffled feathers of the Golds.

Edited by tef43

Yes, Golds (and Reds) have been banished from the Past Guest Party, it is now for Plat/Dia only.

The "free drink on last night" is to partially soothe the ruffled feathers of the Golds.

This is different from the guest appreciation party which took place on the last day of the cruise in the late afternoon where free drinks were offered for an hour.

Edited by sanmarcosman

And the best party to go to, IMO, is the Captain's Invitation to Diamond cruisers. Very relaxing, exquisite service in a much smaller gathering and venue. Can have interesting conversations with various department head officers, as well as the Captain.

My opinion of course, is biased by the fact that I don't drink alcohol.

Oh man, so they did away with the appreciation party on the last night? I'm very sad about this! I only got to enjoy it one time since I reached gold before DH did! 😭 Bummer

I know how you feel...we reached Gold and got to go to ONE party. A couple months after we reached Gold, they took it away. :(

We're only about 25 days (or maybe another year and a half,depending on how things go) from Platinum and of course, before we reach Platinum they're gonna change things or add another tier and we'll be screwed. Again.

As a Platinum, I would much rather have the "Free drink on your last night" coupon", as we don't really enjoy the Sea Day Brunch, and I'm not one to want to have an alcoholic drink that early in the day.

Actually, I'm not sure why any of the coupons are so restrictive. As long as you're only getting (1) coupon for a free drink, why does it matter when it's used?

CeleBrat

Sorry after a second look the Gold level does get the free drink coupon.

Golds get the water on every cruise. The free drink the last night is for longer cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

as we don't really enjoy the Sea Day Brunch

I don't usually go either, but I'll walk down and snag a waiter at the door and give him my free drink coupon. They'll bring it out to you. I remember a few times they've had a bloody mary cart at the entrance, so you could make up your own delicious concoction right there.

Golds get the water on every cruise. The free drink the last night is for longer cruises.

--And not surprisingly, that free drink can't be any kind of "special" drink, either. I was hoping I could score a drink in a whaletail funnel using the coupon, but nope.

What do you mean soothe? They took it away from Brunch and made it the last night. How is that supposed to soothe anyone? It honestly just made me more angry when I was Gold.