Family of 5

H3one6B

I can't seem to find what ships have rooms for families of 5.....does anyone have any ideas?!?!? It would be 2 adults and 3 children under 3......

Thanks for any help!!

Many ships do - the problem is that you can't book them online, you need to call. Another option might be to book two connecting cabins. It would be like having them in a separate bedroom and afford more privacy for the parents. I believe many of the family rooms that would sleep 5 have bunk beds which wouldn't work for under 3. I'd check with a good TA who does cruises.

NCL's newest ships have family cabins for 5, but you have to call. Keep in mind that most ships' kids clubs are for kids 3+ (I think carnival is 2), only some RCL and all DCL ships have splash pads for diapered kids, and only some ships have nurseries (not that I think you want to dump your kids, but I remember when I had 5 under 7, and can't imagine us all in a cramped cabin.

• 1 month later...

We are a family of 5 as well. On 4 cruises, we have booked my DH and myself in different rooms, splitting up the kids. I am in a balcony with one daughter and my other 2 girls are across the hall in an interior with my husband. On our 2018 cruise, we will all be in a family verandah which accommodates 5. We had to call the cruise line to book it and find out the pricing. The two cabins have two bathrooms, so we will be missing that extra toilet in the family verandah.

Pick your cruise line and itinerary..then CALL the cruise line on the phone. Book it that way. They will tell you what sort of cabin you need....anything over 4 people (yes, even tots are "people") will require a phone call booking.

Not a big deal...Pick up the phone!

I haved not read your replys but I can honestly tell you what has worked fantastically for my family. NCL is our "go to" cruise line for family cruises. We have taken 10 cruises since 2013. NCL has a family suite that holds 6 people. It is a lovely big room and we have been very satisfied. Since there are 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids, we reserve 2 rooms but for 5, one family suite would work well. NCL has a terrific kids club and the newer ships have numerous venues for kids of all ages. I don't think you will be disappointed. I recommend you use a Travel Agent since they can answer any questions you have plus they can offer extra perks you might miss by going thru the cruise line alone. Good luck and happy sailing!! :)

Please call the cruise line - I had thought a RCL room that books four would work for my family, but it turned out the room was rated for 4 since there was a pullout sofa for the extra two guests. However, the phone rep told me that the room couldn't fit a pack n play for the 1 year old when the pullout sofa is out. They recommended two connecting rooms. I didn't think about that or know it, so I'd recommend that families with small children discuss their options with a reputable travel agent or the cruise line (it you are lucky enough to get a good cruise line employee answering their phones).

Also don't forget if your agent finds a room for four on RCCL that allows a crib, she can get an override from RCCL for a fifth person in that room assuming lifeboat capacity for that section is not met and that fifth person is under age 3 at embarkation who can sleep in a pack-and-play. I have done it many times :) That way you don't have to rely on the larger / pricier family rooms on RCCL yet still take advantage of kids sail free promo and pricing.

Disney ships do have capacity 5 but classic ships Magic and Wonder those start at balcony pricing unlike Dream and Fantasy

Connecting cabins are definitely great on any of the cruiselines as well! We have cruised on 7 different cruiselines and our 6 and 10 year olds have a our 120 nights of cruising each... definitely been looking for family friendly cabins in recent years :)

Have fun!!

• 2 weeks later...
Check out RCCL family staterooms. Cheapest and biggest staterooms for up to 6 without booking a suite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have booked many of the family rooms. WORTH THE MONEY. Better than 2 rooms. The room was HUGE. Found that the interior family rooms are bigger and the balcony rooms are a bit smaller. We have a 10, 5, and 4 and they love both the balcony and the interior rooms. Google family room and you will see pictures of how big they are. look for the room with the bunk beds in the hallway.

Recommend calling the cruise line directly about the family rooms... had travel agents before that were not knowledgeable and said nothing was available when I had just found rooms directly through the cruise line. Also compare with connecting rooms... on RC we have had two rooms cheaper than a family room. We personally like connecting rooms better because we can put the kids in the other room and have more privacy for ourselves plus a second bathroom.