Azura still at Ponta Delgada - awaiting spare part

gojocruise

My daughter is currently onboard, they should have left yesterday evening to continue cruising to the Caribbean but the captain advised there is an issue with a sensor and a part/engineer is being flown out to them. No movement for 24 hours passengers have been told.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeap we are still alongside. The captain made the last announcement at about 20:30 last night (local time). He said he would let us know if anything changed before 10pm. He didn't so we assume nothing changed!

I'm expecting an announcement any time soon. The weather here isn't great either. Rain, cold and windy and I think we are all looking forward to some Caribbean sunshine.

The captain also suggested they tried turning it off and back on again, but that didn't work!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok so we have just heard. We are having a "bonus" day in the cold, wet, Azures!

The gangways will open shortly and there's an all aboard time of 18:00 by which time we'll get another update.

We were on Azura when she broke down in Norway (May 2015). They also had to fly an engineer out to repair her from Hamburg (I think) and we missed one port and returned back to Southampton a day later than scheduled.

We were given some onboard credit and also 20% refund off the cost of our original cruise price towards a future cruise with P&O.

Not good. We are on Azura next Friday, I hope you have had some Caribbean sunshine by then.

My daughter is in St Lucia. She arrived yesterday. Woke up this morning to a tropical storm. :( Still I would guess the rain should be warm LOL.

We were on Azura when she broke down in Norway (May 2015). They also had to fly an engineer out to repair her from Hamburg (I think) and we missed one port and returned back to Southampton a day later than scheduled.

We were given some onboard credit and also 20% refund off the cost of our original cruise price towards a future cruise with P&O.

We were on the cruise before you last year, couldn't believe it broke down 2 weeks after a refit

He gave an update at 6pm to say they had fitted the new part and they were still trying to calibrate it. If they succeed we'll be off tonight and the next update is at 8pm.

Whatever happens I'm sure the port wants us moved as there's two small German ships due into this berth tomorrow.

If we do leave tonight they'll have to go at more or less full belt for 4 days straight to arrive on time.

Yes they are just taking the lines off now. A fast 4 days at sea, here we come!!

We made up half a day on Ventura in January, with a medical emergency about 2/3 days out of Madeira en route to Barbados, so you should make it.

Edited by terrierjohn

We were on Arcadia several years ago now when there was a problem with one of the azipods. We joined the ship in New Orleans and eventually we were a day late leaving NO. As we had a long way to go - to the Caribbean - we had to miss out our next port of Key West. We were given £100 each OBC and were told this when we got back from dinner the evening we sailed. There was a letter waiting for us in our cabin. As someone said, these things happen especially as the ships are at sea 'working' 24/7. Breakdowns will happen.

Given the 24 hour delay (at least) I would imagine that at least one port in the Caribbean will be missed. In such circumstances, would P&O offer any compensation, perhaps in the form of obc?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Usually if it is P & O fault then there will be some form of compensation, if it is an "act of god" then no go. I could be wrong though