Limelight Club

milosfriend

Hi

Hope someone can help.

We are going on Britannia on a Caribbean cruise departing 28th January and cruise personaliser says the acts for the Limelight club are shown 90 days before sailing which it now is.

CP is showing Madeline Bell for the first two nights and then nothing else on any of the other days. Will they add more acts as the time goes on or do you think this will be it!

Would be quite happy to see Madeline Bell but didn't really want to go that early on in the cruise.

Hope there will be more added as we had a great time seeing Jackie Graham on our Norway cruise in June and it will be disappointing if this is all that's on offer.

Incidentally they did put all the acts on CP at once for the Norway cruise.

Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am seeking some advice. Does anyone know who has been to the limelight club know whether you can ask for something different if there wasn't anything you liked on the menu. I like 2 out of the 4 menu's. do you know which menu you would get on your visit, or wait till the night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am seeking some advice. Does anyone know who has been to the limelight club know whether you can ask for something different if there wasn't anything you liked on the menu. I like 2 out of the 4 menu's. do you know which menu you would get on your visit, or wait till the night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That evenings menu is posted outside the Limelight door during the day. However we asked one of the waiters two days earlier and he told us which menu it would be. As for ordering something different to the set menu I believe the answer is no to that but willing to be corrected. We found the food in the Limelight to be small portions and we went away expecting more. In fact we were disappointed with the experience.

A little tip.....if you haven't already booked an evening look through the large window during the morning and you will see and hear that evenings act rehearsing.

Ok. Thank you. I haven't booked yet. The menus are a concern for me in case I got one of the 2 I don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They were for us in fact we only liked two menus as well. It was the menu choice which decided which evening for us then we booked it at reception. We are sailing week after next on Aurora which I don't think has a Limelight club so this time we won't be tempted :)

By the way when you book it at reception they use your cruise card to reserve your place but they don't charge you then but on the evening itself.

The advantage of booking on-line ahead of your cruise is you are most likely to be seated at the front of the stage. I was advised that seating was prioritised as to booking date/time.

P&O tend to be very inflexible when it comes to specialty restaurant menus, my guess it will be take it or leave it even if you gave them notice.

We visited the Limelight on three occasions last December, the food was excellent, your starter is served then the performer give you a 15min opener, then the main course is served followed by the desert and coffee. The performance then continue for final 45mins.

Jaki Graham very poor, talked more than she sang - disappointing.

Madeline Bell again very disappointing should have retired years ago.

Dean Andrews was OK - the best of a poor bunch

Not really worth the £22/pp cover charge - unless you want to avoid the Black Tie hassle.

Edited by mickey89

We've booked 3 nights at the Limelight for our cruise in June and we chose Darren Day, Claire Sweeney and Cheryl Baker. Dean Andrews was the other act and although he had decent reviews, we thought 3 was enough. We're worried about the menus too but will just have to choose what we like and eat as much as we can.

We saw Dean Andrews and enjoyed it but the other acts didn't appeal. I remember looking at the menu not feeling particularly inspired, but when it arrived it turned out to be much better than it sounded. No complaints from us and I think it was worth the cover charge. Have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anything happen in the Limelight Club after the dining & performance? Is it then open to the public and the performer carries on, or is there other entertainment? Just wondering if it fizzles out and we move off elsewhere after the meal or can keep our table for the rest of the evening. Thanks folks...

Does anything happen in the Limelight Club after the dining & performance? Is it then open to the public and the performer carries on, or is there other entertainment? Just wondering if it fizzles out and we move off elsewhere after the meal or can keep our table for the rest of the evening. Thanks folks...

We hane seen Dean Andrews twice(excellent) and Jaki Graham (disappointing)

I can't remember what happened after the JG show but DA stayed behind, chatted and posed for photos.

The advantage of booking on-line ahead of your cruise is you are most likely to be seated at the front of the stage. I was advised that seating was prioritised as to booking date/time.

I don't know why they told you this, but it's wrong.

We have been twice, both times booking in advance on line months before, and I'm afraid it makes no difference to where you sit.

The queues, as usual, start way before the doors open at 7pm - usually around 6:15/30pm, therefore, the people at the front get to choose where they sit first. Tables are not allocated (at least they weren't last year).

It is open to everyone as a nightclub after the performance has finished. Unfortunately not many people seem to know this and, therefore, it doesn't seem to get busy, which is a shame as it's a beautiful room.

We saw Cheryl baker in March and she was excellent!:)

Thank you for posting Ann as we have pre booked for Cheryl Baker on our cruise in May, so I am pleased that you rated it as excellent. As others have said I also am hoping for a certain menu due to the choices, but have chosen a date when we are only docked until afternoon to give us time to explore ashore and still have time to get ready for 7pm so will be fingers x - hopefully like Florrie we will still enjoy which ever menu is posted for the evening.

We have been twice, both times booking in advance on line months before, and I'm afraid it makes no difference to where you sit.

The queues, as usual, start way before the doors open at 7pm - usually around 6:15/30pm, therefore, the people at the front get to choose where they sit first. Tables are not allocated (at least they weren't last year).

After the act has finished the room seems to lose its atmosphere and last year we had about three people come in. Yes it's a lovely room and in my opinion could be used a lot more than it is. Last year we queued for about twenty minutes and the tables were not reserved.

Our experience was very different. In December, we were at outside the Limelight Club, just checking the menu for that night. In front of us was a couple who wanted to book for the Madeline Bell show and were insisting they be allowed to choose their table. The crew member repeated several times that this was not possible as seating was determined by the Maitre'D and those who had booked prior to boarding were allocated tables closer to the entertainment. Queuing early makes no difference to where you sit as your table is already allocated way ahead. The couple left and we asked where our table was for that night; the crew member took us into the Club, showed us where, and lo and behold that's exactly where we sat when we arrived that evening. No queuing, just straight to table. Great show (Dean Andrews) and superb food.

In all honesty the room is not that big, so the view from every table is good.

1. Our experience was very different. In December, we were at outside the Limelight Club, just checking the menu for that night. In front of us was a couple who wanted to book for the Madeline Bell show and were insisting they be allowed to choose their table. The crew member repeated several times that this was not possible as seating was determined by the Maitre'D and those who had booked prior to boarding were allocated tables closer to the entertainment. Queuing early makes no difference to where you sit as your table is already allocated way ahead. The couple left and we asked where our table was for that night; the crew member took us into the Club, showed us where, and lo and behold that's exactly where we sat when we arrived that evening. No queuing, just straight to table. Great show (Dean Andrews) and superb food.

In all honesty the room is not that big, so the view from every table is good.

That's really interesting.

It would be helpful if anyone who's been recently could say that's happened to them. It sounds like they have changed the procedure.