Passport ? Need Quick Help

Depends where you are cruising to. It is not so much the entry back into the US as the countries being visited on the cruise. There is no requirement for entry back into the US as long as the passport is not expired. Is it a closed loop cruise that only has port calls in Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Belize, Honduras and Panama? Then the passport will be good for all ports on the cruise. If there are port calls in any other Central or South American port, passports are required and some of the countries require six months past the date of departure of the country. Colombia is one country with that requirement.

Edited by Homosassa

If you are doing a caribbean cruise you should be fine. The 6 month rule is usually applied by foreign countries when you fly in and they want to make sure you can leave and don't over stay your welcome. If you want to be sure check with RCL.

Taking family on Nov 7 cruise. just noticed kid's passport expire in April. I read somewhere about passports must be valid six months ahead of cruise. Am I worried about nothing? Or is my head mixed up?

No countries that RC currently visits in the Caribbean or Bahamas have a 6-month passport requirement for cruise ship visits.

Edited by clarea

One thing I like to have the person be aware of, is in the event you need to fly home from one of the ports in the Caribbean, or Canada, a Pass port is highly recommended. It could delay you from boarding the flight. We always have our Passports up to date for the unforeseen emergencies. The chances of you having to fly home in such a case is small and you will be fine but something to think about in the future.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I would call RCI directly with that question. It will be their call to allow you on the ship. You may want to ask what documation you need for your children if the passport is a no go.

Shak