Do I really need all that paper

philip_eunice1

My edocs were on my phone in Barcelona. She looked at the reservation number as did the security queue person. I've never needed them in Miami, either. I do print the promos and all pre-purchase info just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

My edocs were on my phone in Barcelona. She looked at the reservation number as did the security queue person. I've never needed them in Miami, either. I do print the promos and all pre-purchase info just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk[/quote

I take pic shots of my shows/dining confirmations. Easy Peasy. They are right in my phone if it came into question. And a lot less paper to drag around.

I usually only print out the bit of the edocs that show name and cabin and bar code. Do I have to print anything out or will docs on my phone be ok

You need the first page of the edocs "Guest Ticket Contract To Be Presented For Passage". The title of the first page says it all. While you may get away with showing the PDF on your phone at some ports, it is always safer to have the hardcopy ticket available for port security and the check in agent.

I always print out anything that has a number on it reservations, room # confirmation, flight info etc.

I work in technology and I know that a phone/tablet/computer can crash and become useless. I don't trust them 100% I do have all of my docs on my phone but I also print it all out too. I also have pics of our passports on my phone too just in case. But they are hidden pretty well.

Lol never print them just use the ones the porters give u at the dock

And never print the offers they send waste of a tree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would take more time and I'm in a hurry to get in line to board the boat.:D

i have a question about NYC. if you did have the porters print them out, do you just tell them standing there by the curb and they go somewhere and print them? we came down the elevator and didnt know we had to go back outside to turn in our luggage and someone told us to do that. seemed really weird for me. we already had our tags on in holders but just curious if we didnt do that how they get printed.

Always print paper. I have been on trips and to hotels where the computer were down (not a cruise yet but all systems fail over time). People without paper were much faster then people that involved manual validation

They sometimes want to keep the first page of your edocs, usually they don't. Not having it will not cause you to be denied boarding, at most it will cost you a couple extra minutes at check-in.

We print our luggage tags because we prefer not to rely on a porter's handwriting, and we don't want to hold up the luggage drop-off line.

For our current cruise (TA), the only thing we really needed to have printed out was the ESTA authorization. The check-in agent took the paper "backstage" and did something with it before returning it to us. I don't know what exactly they did with it, so I don't know if an electronic copy would have been accepted. (The US immigration authorities don't actually require a print-out when you arrive in the US, but it doesn't hurt to have it, either.)

All of our pre-booked items, booking perks, shareholder credit, etc. have showed up fine, but I had electronic versions of all the confirmations on my device and in the cloud. That's enough for me, if others feel safer having hard copies, as long as we're not talking hundreds of pages, I have problem with that.

You need the first page of the edocs "Guest Ticket Contract To Be Presented For Passage". The title of the first page says it all. While you may get away with showing the PDF on your phone at some ports, it is always safer to have the hardcopy ticket available for port security and the check in agent.

Actually you don't need to print out anything, Our last cruise out of NYC we got to the port and didn't have anything they looked us up on their print out and we were on the ship in no time.

Granted we were stressed but really we just breezed thru everything.

(BTW ) We usually have everything printed out. Paper making trees grow fast and loggers need jobs to. :)