Concierge Cheaper than Veranda

Tedferg

Browsing Caribbean cruise Feb - Mar 2017. Have not sailed with X previously.

I notice some dates where Concierge is less than Veranda, or same price as Veranda.

Why would this happen ?

BTW my impression is that Concierge perks are minimal and suspect better cabin locations makes Concierge more attractive. Is this correct ?

Just saw another instance where Aqua and Concierge are same price. Why not discount both ?????

Edited by Tedferg

I notice some dates where Concierge is less than Veranda, or same price as Veranda.

Why would this happen ?

BTW my impression is that Concierge perks are minimal and suspect better cabin locations makes Concierge more attractive. Is this correct ?

On some cruises, Aqua is cheaper than C and regular verandas. It's all down to supply and demand ;)

Why would this happen ?

Just saw another instance where Aqua and Concierge are same price. Why not discount both ?????

On M class ships concierge cabins are larger than verandas, so, especially on longer itineraries that would be preferable to me. Concierge class offers an expanded room service menu, and especially on port days where we are getting out early that's a plus. Also Concierge class offers more loyalty points per night (5 vs 3) so for cruisers looking to move up quickly in the captains club it makes a difference. There are many other perks as well which you can compare and evaluate between the two. None are major, but nice amenities that add to the pampered experience. If the cost difference for Concierge was less that verandah I'd say take concierge in a heartbeat. Since you haven't cruised with X b4, it will get you priority embarkation, a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom and the pillow of your choice!

Some verandahs are better than some cc rooms as far as location. So check out the deck plans.

If location is good for you, and rate is same as a verandah, then go for it. As mentioned amenities arent worth much. And daily tips are a tiny bit more .

Edited by eandj

Thanks for clarification.

Any reason to prefer S class or M class.

We have sailed with Princess five times and are looking at X as a novelty, plus nice Perks Promo. Loyalty Points no value unless we become X cruisers :)

Thanks for clarification.

Any reason to prefer S class or M class.

We have sailed with Princess five times and are looking at X as a novelty, plus nice Perks Promo. Loyalty Points no value unless we become X cruisers :)

Hi....totally different type of ships....M class are smaller and older.

S class, newer, bigger,......I have sailed all of them. You get a different

vibe on the smaller ship....(not small per se).....but, example....the M

class are about 90,000 tons and the S class are about 122,000 tons.

The oldest S class ship is Solstice (the first in that class) and she came

into the fleet in 2008, so she is 8 years old.

M class goes back to 2000 so they are 16 years old.

Some verandahs are better than some cc rooms as far as location. So check out the deck plans.

If location is good for you, and rate is same as a verandah, then go for it. As mentioned amenities arent worth much. And daily tips are a tiny bit more .

I have another point of view. Amenity worth is an individual perception, just compare the two and make an informed decision as to what is best for you. If given the choice of 2 cabins at same price or less for Concierge(?) I for one would choose the one that was bigger (on M class) and offered more amenities as well as more points. You never know, you may decide you love X cruising and why not move up in Captains club faster. I can't see a down side. That being said, I would pay slightly more for Concierge for the points, but on some cruises the differential between verandah and concierge is very large, and in that case, if I really loved the particular itinerary I would happily choose verandah.

Why would this happen ?

We're on in February and seeing the same thing. Initially the cheaper standard veranda cabins sell out first then they have to adjust prices to fill the more premium veranda cabins. The TA I used has C3's at nearly $250pp cheaper than veranda categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure the pricing is based off all sorts of factors. No one is sitting there changing the prices, all based on an algorithm. And I bet they are all priced independently so I could see where CC is less than a regular balcony. If balconies are selling good the price goes up. Maybe the CC isn't selling good so they lower it a bit.

It's nice when it happens and you can take advantage of it.

enjoy