First time I noticed an "Enrichment Lecture"

I'm traveling on the Independence in a few weeks and noticed on the cruise compass from a recent Independence sailing they had "Enrichment Lectures". I've never seen this on any of my other RCL cruises (see below). Maybe because I travel during Christmas and New Year's they don't have them. Are Enrichment Lectures something new for RCL? Are others seeing this on their sailings?

Independence is currently making its way from Europe. I have not read any cruise compasses sailing from the US with lectures. I would love to participate. If your does have one please post. I am sailing the independence in a few months.

We've been to many Enrichment lectures. Especially on the Explorer. And we only do the Caribbean or Canada/New England cruise. Never a transatlantic.

We just had a couple lectures on the Grandeur in August. A former judge was lecturing about crimes, famous past and present and other justice issues. He gave away books and videos of movies that were crime related. Also discussed famous people, aka O.J. Simpson, Lizzie Borden, etc. Very interesting and the lectures were only on sea days.

Lots of times the lectures now are only on a port that you will visit, but some of those are interesting too. They are not shopping lectures, but are about the island itself and history of it. Check your Compass for them.

Gwen :)

We had some of the best ones on our cruise to Hawaii. They were about the history of the Islands by Islanders that were aboard.

Another we attended was about the production of major network news broadcasts. That was presented by a news writer for one of the big 3 evening news programs.

Another was by someone from the old Biography Channel.

I am of the belief that they are offered by passengers that make themselves available for these talks. I could be wrong. But they were great to attend. They are offered all to infrequently if you ask me!

Not really lectures but I guess you could call it enrichment.

We had Spanish and French lessons in 270 on Anthem last year from Southampton.

It was very enjoyable and well attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Enrichment staff are contracted by Royal and administered by an outside company - my ex-wife used to do the face painting on holiday cruises. enrichment staff and give lectures, present classes or provide some unique entertainment - like face painting or balloon twisting.

As part of the deal, the staff person +1 get an inside cabin for the cruise and usually only pay about $40 for a week. They are not allowed to get any cruise credits towards loyalty programs and are typically asked to "work" a couple of hours at a time and may be 3-5 days of the cruise. Enrichment staff dine in the main dining room and are basically just a passenger...