Your favorite over the door organizer?

vacationlover_mn

My travel toiletry bag is a fold out Tumi with 4 compartments that hang down

flat by a hook with see through plastic compartments. I love it. I hang it from

one of the hooks inside the bathroom door. Keeps everything from cluttering up

the counter and keeping the shelves free for larger items.

Edited by island lady

I recently bought from E bags the Lay it Flat toiletry case. I bought two one for DH and will try it out for our next cruises. The previous ones I have had were bulky when everything was in it, these lay flat in your suitcase and have a zipper to allow for expansion. Since I don't bring a lot of shoes I can slide them down between things in my suitcase.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I hadn't seen the mesh ones, but as long as you can see into the pockets. We have a clear one...and we love it. Some people never use them, but it just makes life easier with two kids....everything is in a pocket and easy to find. We just got one from Walmart for $5. But I am sure you can find a nice cheap one on Amazon...I love prime!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by widallas

We tried using one of these a while back on a few trips

But realized it was not really necessary and we were bringing too much extra stuff.

There is plenty of space in the room for everything...

LOL- We never have enough room for all of our bottles of stuff :) My husband is kinda pale, so lots of sunblock for him, and I have hair stuff, and sunburn stuff, and makeup, etc etc etc... :)

I actually prefer the MESH style of shoe organizer for my cruises. I've had mine for years and it is amazing. I don't know what I ever did before that.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Mart-42-Pocket-Over-Door-Organizer/dp/B002V9195S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1478617016&sr=8-5&keywords=over+the+door+shoe+organizer+mesh

ooooooooo..... that one looks awesome! And I can Prime it- even better :)

Most cabins do have adequate bathroom storage. If a small cabin, best to leave items such as dress shoes and other bulky items in the suit cases under the bed. I hate clutter and cannot stand to look at piles of stuff outside drawers and closets. I feel it is my home for a week or more and should be as neat as my home is. I would feel like a hoarder with stuff all around. But that is me. Enjoy your cruise.

LOL- We never have enough room for all of our bottles of stuff :) My husband is kinda pale, so lots of sunblock for him, and I have hair stuff, and sunburn stuff, and makeup, etc etc etc... :)

Yeah, you would be surprised how much can fill those organizers. I put my brush, deodorant, perfume, cologne, sunblock, aloe, lotion, hair products, ... I could go on and on.

I find that this is just so much more organized and better than having it in on the bathroom counter or shelves...

Just got my amazon Prime subscription, and looking for stuff to buy :)

I feel like I need an over the door organizer for our cabin bathroom. Is there one that you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I picked up an over-the-door shoe organizer a few years ago. I has clear pockets. Some are smaller pockets and the bottom has several larger pockets which really come in handy. We've been in cabins that really don't have a lot of storage in the bathrooms. And some haven't had a lip on the edge of the shelf to prevent things from sliding off in the event of rough seas. The shoe organizer really helps. They don't take up much space in a suitcase, and if you don't need it you don't have to use it.

I picked it up at Dollar TREE for a buck.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
clarification

We tried using one of these a while back on a few trips

But realized it was not really necessary and we were bringing too much extra stuff.

There is plenty of space in the room for everything...

I agree! I think the organizers are a total waste of space. The cabins have more than ample storage, shelves, etc. I actually use mine at home to store stuff I only use for travel. Makes packing easy to have everything in one spot.

We have 24 pocket shoe organizer - clear vinyl. 4 over the door hooks. Purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond. ($14.99 before the BBY discount coupons.) I wouldn't travel without. Very handy and no counter clutter. There have been times I have also hung inside large closet - when closets are large. Last cruise - Radiance - Around the Horn - at end of the cruise we gave it to a very helpful person at Guest Services. That over the door organizer had traveled with us around the world. South America and Europe cruises don't give crew access to BBY, Amazon, etc. She helped us with something in our stateroom and saw the over the shoe we used for lotion, meds, etc. She remarked how great that was - (crew members share their staterooms, not lots storage space and women usually have more "things" than men.) She was so helpful to us with a problem we had in our original stateroom on last night we found her and happily gave it to her. She was thrilled!

e44eb7da3dba0531a8028098edbf1d20.jpg. I bought this one at Walmart in Maui for about $10 plus a pop up hamper for $5. I like this one as it is very light.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use this to store my bottles and such; hair spray, suntan lotion, body lotion, hair brushes, etc. Anything you think of putting on a bathroom counter in a hotel i place in here. Then I don't have all my stuff and my friend's stuff crowding up the small bathroom. I love it

Never had a need for a door organizer - had ample storage space. BUT I did get the magnetic hooks and they are great. All the walls are metal so they will stick anywhere. Great for hanging up damp bathing suits, hats, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out what anyone needs one of these for? Room have plenty of space, so what do you do with all the space in the room not being used?

I've had cabins with VERY LITTLE storage in the bathroom. One cabin had 2 very small open shelves, a bottom shelf that had supplies for the attendant, and a small counter top. If it hadn't been for that shoe organizer, it would have been a very messy 12 days.

You never know what kind of room you will have. If you don't need it, don't use it. But if you need one, you will be glad you hauled it with.

Don't go to WalMart, or Amazon, etc. Go to a Dollar Tree and they are a dollar. (Make sure it's a Dollar TREE, not Dollar Store, Family Dollar, etc.)

We always have tons of bottles of stuff (like sunblock and hair product). I've looked up our room on Harmony, and it seems to have less shelves than I'm used to.... something like this will really help me to not feel cluttered :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app