Duty Free on Board

ToxM

Maybe edit your location to U.K.

It's a good learning experience for those who need to broaden their horizons :) I think I will leave it as is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OMG I did not know that :eek::rolleyes:

also one in the UK

I just love it, Lyn. A Canadian didn't know about London, Ontario but I DID!

However, that's only because a very close friend from high school (in Los Angeles) is/was a Canadian who grew up in L.A. but returned to Canada for college and the rest of his life. (He is even an Oceania fan.) He went to college in London, so this south-of-the-border person has known about it for a long time ...

By the way, this high school friend of mine was on our first Marina cruise in October 2011 but neither one of us knew the other was on board the same cruise until we were both home again!

Mura

I just love it, Lyn. A Canadian didn't know about London, Ontario but I DID!

Mura

I was being facetious ;)

My nephew played hockey there & we are about 3 hrs away

It is a big university city

Sorry I missed the "facetious" category! I was so pleased to know something it seemed a Canadian did NOT. :D

Indeed, Alec went to the University of Ontario at London ...

Now, can someone explain to me why my 3.5 pound boneless pork loin appears to have cooked in less than an hour? It was NOT at a super-high temperature!

But it does taste good ...

Mura

Limited cigarette purchases, and other items, not a very large gift store for those type of purchases. I would buy at airport IMHO. O ships do not have large onboard stores like some of the mass mkt lines, one store for jewelry, perfume (think small sq footage), and another for gift purchases of jackets, some ladies clothing items, costume jewelry and such. No liquor or cigarette store.

So is this a definite no on the duty free smokes? Ta all :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have purchased cigarettes (1 ctns/$60 us) and Absolute vodka (about $15 u.s./ltr) on Oceania. Not all brands' date=' but major US and European on-board.[/quote']

The only way to purchase liquor by the bottle on an Oceania ship is through a Bon Voyage gift. And the price is going to be no where near 15 a ltr. Perhaps you're thinking of another cruise line? Perhaps you were on a cruise with Kamloops, they're a bit confused on the subject also?

There is no liquor for sale in the Duty free shop. As mentioned before, no cigars. I've heard you can purchase cigarettes at Waves bar but I'm not sure as I don't smoke them.

The only way to purchase liquor by the bottle on an Oceania ship is through a Bon Voyage gift. And the price is going to be no where near 15 a ltr. Perhaps you're thinking of another cruise line? Perhaps you were on a cruise with Kamloops, they're a bit confused on the subject also?

There is no liquor for sale in the Duty free shop. As mentioned before, no cigars. I've heard you can purchase cigarettes at Waves bar but I'm not sure as I don't smoke them.

To OP

I neither drink nor smoke but I'd say get this stuff at the airport in duty free (or some duty free port) rather than the ship. :)

Edited by Paulchili

I have purchased cigarettes (1 ctns/$60 us) and Absolute vodka (about $15 u.s./ltr) on Oceania. Not all brands' date=' but major US and European on-board.[/quote']

Where did you purchase it ?

at $15 a L it would be worth it not to drag it along