Whats the story about negative Koningsdam Reviews?

Hlitner

Agree! Tennessee and Lalaland both insulting everyone who has a different opinion calling names such as snowflake, prima donna and accusing people of having personal issues! WOW! Maybe it's the other way around and you two are the ones with Personal Issues and are the Snowflakes, etc. since you can't tolerate anyone who has a different opinion than your own! Since you both appear so upset by it shall we send you some playdough and a coloring book! Shame on you both!

My real beef is with those folks who have not sailed on the K, then, based on second or third hand information they had read, proceeded to criticize the ship.....

I did NOT call anyone a name, but I did call attention to the fact that some expressed personal/health issues and blamed their problems on the ship.

My real beef is with those folks who have not sailed on the K, then, based on second or third hand information they had read, proceeded to criticize the ship.....

Because people who have cruised sufficiently to know what they like, and don't like, and who have read allegedly factual reports on what the Koningsdam does, and does not, offer, can't possibly draw a fair conclusion as to whether or not that particular ship is, or is not, for them.

Right.

We would like to try Kdam.

But given the choice of a much lower equiv. cost option on the Reflection we would always spring for the latter. HAL does not rate a premium over Princess or Celebrity for us. In fact, the opposite is now true.

Edited by iancal

We will enjoy our cruise on her ! Can't see how the staff would not be great as always. Life is great if you you want it to be !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll have a wonderful Cruise! :) The OP asked a question about "What's the Story with Negative Reviews on this Ship" and those that have sailed her are saying what they found to be negatives for them. In our case, it was the lack of Lounge Music in the early evening hours and the Mixed/Open Seating together which resulted in some issues by adding stress on the Servers, etc.

We had a wonderful Cruise on her with a very friendly Staff and Crew! There are many Pros about this Ship! HAL knocked it out of the Park with the Specialty Restaurants on this Ship with the addition of Culinary Arts Center Dinner and Sel de Mer. The food was very, very good everywhere! Lido had many choices and much to my delight the BreadBoard had made-to-order sandwiches! YAY! The NY Deli & Pizza also has the Made-to-Order Sandwiches including Reubens, etc.

The one Pro, too, is they have a Podium outside of Sel de Mer and Ocean Bar where you can make all your Specialty Restaurant reservations. Nicole was wonderful!

So there is some tweaking to do but, overall, she is a wonderful Ship!

Just want to mention, too, after seeing some comments on the size of the Balcony Room. We went from an SY on Oosterdam a few weeks earlier to a standard Balcony on Kdam. We found the room to be comfortable and really liked that they have drawers in the desk. The Shower is great but the bathroom felt a little tighter than the other standard balconies on Vista Ships, etc.

Enjoy your Cruise!

You'll have a wonderful Cruise! :) The OP asked a question about "What's the Story with Negative Reviews on this Ship" and those that have sailed her are saying what they found to be negatives for them. In our case, it was the lack of Lounge Music in the early evening hours and the Mixed/Open Seating together which resulted in some issues by adding stress on the Servers, etc.

We had a wonderful Cruise on her with a very friendly Staff and Crew! There are many Pros about this Ship! HAL knocked it out of the Park with the Specialty Restaurants on this Ship with the addition of Culinary Arts Center Dinner and Sel de Mer. The food was very, very good everywhere! Lido had many choices and much to my delight the BreadBoard had made-to-order sandwiches! YAY! The NY Deli & Pizza also has the Made-to-Order Sandwiches including Reubens, etc.

The one Pro, too, is they have a Podium outside of Sel de Mer and Ocean Bar where you can make all your Specialty Restaurant reservations. Nicole was wonderful!

Just want to mention, too, after seeing some comments on the size of the Balcony Room. We went from an SY on Oosterdam a few weeks earlier to a standard Balcony on Kdam. We found the room to be comfortable and really liked that they have drawers in the desk. The Shower is great but the bathroom felt a little tighter than the other standard balconies on Vista Ships, etc.

Enjoy your Cruise!

Sorry we missed you. I think I saw you a few times, but our paths really didn't cross.

Your review was right on. I can only add that the mixed dining thing was probably due to the fact that the deck 3 MDR is smaller and deck 2 larger, not leaving enough room for the fixed diners on deck 3. We always eat early As You Wish, at a table for 2 and experienced excellent service (and food) throughout!

As great fans of the Lincoln Center Stage, the noise spillover from the loud drunks in the Billboard area was annoying at times. A partition would be great.

We are sailing on the K again in June to Norway....

Edited by Tennessee Titan

Enjoy your Cruise!

Our cruise is going to be very port intensive I doubt we have a lot of time for lot of the early evening entertainment. It will be the first cruise in a long time that every port will be new to us . The most important thing will be the tours so we will mostly be exhausted in the evening . It will be like our first European cruise exciting and I'm sure enlightening ! We always book a SA the balconies are big . HAL has always been are favourite cruise line I know there better ones out there but none in our price range . Open seating for dinner for us this will be our third cruise doing this, we always make sure we are always at the same table with what will be great servers . Hopefully we cross paths with staff that we have sailed with before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums