question about NCL shareholder benefit

greg2014

Hello!

In rules and FAQ describing how NCL shareholders benefit is working (http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/0x0x681828/4AF17A4F-D574-4094-BDE8-5AD5FA288377/benefitfaq.pdf), I found that I must stay shareholder at time of sailing.

Does anybody know how NCL verify it? Should I have brokerage account statement with me for embarkation ?

The 2nd issue: as written in FAQ, shareholder benefit cannot be combined with reduced rates booking. They are giving some examples - f.e. cruise credit certificates. Does it mean that if I pay for the cruise with FCC bought during previuos cruise, I will not receive OBC as shareholders benefit ? Payment with FCC is very common in my opinion, hes anybody any experience with that and combining such booking with OBC for shareholders ?

Thanks in advance for any opinions:-)

Greg

This is all done pre cruise and not at embarkation so no need to bring it..... I am not sure how they can verify that at the time of sailing you still hold shares.....

Can't help with the "restrictions" because I was given the OBC for my 11/13/16 sailing and I'm on a CAS comp.... I did not receive any direction to bring brokerage statement to check-in

sent using Forums mobile app

Edited by esm54687

Hello. I am relatively new to CC. I tried my best to cut and paste the three NCL documents regarding the Shareholder Benefit. Hope this come this forum. If not, they are the NCL.com website. We have good success processing the form in advance.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/2031896259x8178066x681823/FC8230FE-82FE-4331-B5F6-28A7E543D773/benefitoffer.pdf

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/2031896259x8178066x681827/1045BAD8-3362-4A3F-896F-6BA85E912855/benefitrequestform.pdf

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/2031896259x8178066x681828/4AF17A4F-D574-4094-BDE8-5AD5FA288377/benefitfaq.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello!

In rules and FAQ describing how NCL shareholders benefit is working (http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ABEA-5WOY6H/0x0x681828/4AF17A4F-D574-4094-BDE8-5AD5FA288377/benefitfaq.pdf), I found that I must stay shareholder at time of sailing.

Does anybody know how NCL verify it? Should I have brokerage account statement with me for embarkation ?

The 2nd issue: as written in FAQ, shareholder benefit cannot be combined with reduced rates booking. They are giving some examples - f.e. cruise credit certificates. Does it mean that if I pay for the cruise with FCC bought during previuos cruise, I will not receive OBC as shareholders benefit ? Payment with FCC is very common in my opinion, hes anybody any experience with that and combining such booking with OBC for shareholders ?

Greg

The cruise credit certificates they are talking about in your example are for cancelled cruises with NCL insurance or other discounts for cause. You can use a FCC which is now called a Cruise Next Certificate and still get the shareholders OBC. I do it every cruise.

In rules and FAQ describing how NCL shareholders benefit is working I found that I must stay shareholder at time of sailing. Does anybody know how NCL verify it? Should I have brokerage account statement with me for embarkation ?

After you get the Shareholder benefit applied, there is no further checks. We have a statement from a while back that we redacted the account information and scanned. For each cruise, we electronically fill out the form, attach the statement, and electronically sign the PDF. Send the form and statement via email and the benefit is applied to our reservation in less than 48 hours.

No issue using FCC. We book with discounted rates and FCC on every cruise (several a year) and always get our shareholder benefit.

Greg

Happy Cruising. Enjoy the $100 to spend.

Hmm I sent all my docs in for 2 cruises got a call confirming they were applying. Took one cruise 2 weeks ago and credit was noted and showed up in our folio on board. Scheduled for 11/27 and there is no OBC listed. It was there now it is gone. Ugh upsold twice maybe that is why will need to get to Shareholder services!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by CRAustin

It varies a lot whether the OBC shows up on your Vacation Summary or not (we have also have it appear at first for a couple of days and then disappear forever, but it was still applied on board). When the shareholder department responds to your request, they should normally send you an updated amenity confirmation with the new OBC. That's enough proof, and any rep at NCL should be able to see it, without you having to contact the shareholder department again.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the stock, then sold it, then bought it back in early August. I've been waiting for my 8/31 shareholder statement which came this morning. Filled out the shareholder information form and that page of my statement. Got an automated confirmation of receipt from shareholder services. My sailing is 9/16. Do you think it's likely that I'm going to lose the benefit because it's 14 rather than 15 days? Didn't know how else to provide the information they needed except waiting for Fidelity statement

On the stock, then sold it, then bought it back in early August. I've been waiting for my 8/31 shareholder statement which came this morning. Filled out the shareholder information form and that page of my statement. Got an automated confirmation of receipt from shareholder services. My sailing is 9/16. Do you think it's likely that I'm going to lose the benefit because it's 14 rather than 15 days? Didn't know how else to provide the information they needed except waiting for Fidelity statement

Usually 24 hrs to process. We have done it week of sailing for last minute bookings.

They have no idea that you own it in a Schwab account or such, until you submit your paperwork.
I've changed my mind about this since I wrote the post you replied to, because I was reminded that most people own their stocks in street name, so NCL can't actually verify the names of stockholders on their side. All they have to go by is your paperwork, so I hope they have some other measures in place to catch fraudulent applications.

Hello!

Greg

Thanks so much for posting this thread! I did not know about the NCL benefit although I've used the Carnival one several times on Holland America. Celebrity's is not worth buying the stock for as they exclude virtually all sailings as a perk negates the credit.

Hello!

Greg

Greg, here is how we have always done it: we send a copy of our statement to NCL prior to sailing. Our reservation will show the OBC. It has nothing to do with your FCC. Of couse you can use both. As for just showing up with your statement, I have no idea. I guess that would work, but it is better to have the OBC applied prior to sailing in my opinion.

How far in advance of your cruise to you apply? I am a new shareholder and I have a cruise 4 months away. Is it too early to apply now?

We usually apply right after final payment is made. Let me add being a share holder, though we get on dividends is really fun. We bought our shares about 4 years ago with a few extra unexpected $$S Our investment councilor suggested we buy something that would be just fun: no I don't mean a bad investment, but something you know about and like. We decided on NCL as we have cruised them so often. Even without dividends we have done ok and the OBC to us is like a dividend. Enjoy!!!!:p

We usually apply right after final payment is made. Let me add being a share holder, though we get on dividends is really fun. We bought our shares about 4 years ago with a few extra unexpected $$S Our investment councilor suggested we buy something that would be just fun: no I don't mean a bad investment, but something you know about and like. We decided on NCL as we have cruised them so often. Even without dividends we have done ok and the OBC to us is like a dividend. Enjoy!!!!:p

I submitted my paperwork over a year in advance. I submitted my stuff in March 2017 for two cruises at the same time. First cruise was June 2017 and the other was June 2018. Both got it listed on my cruise paperwork a few days later. Added my FCC after my first cruise and the obc remains

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app