Question about NCL Breakaway boarding time.

hnaxcd

Dear all, we plan to take NCL breakaway cruise, and the boarding time we choose is1:00 pm as it's the only option when we do online check in. However, as we have young kids, we like to get on the ship early. Do we must follow the exact board time that we choose? Can we arrive there early and get on board early?

Thanks very much.

Dear all, we plan to take NCL breakaway cruise, and the boarding time we choose is1:00 pm as it's the only option when we do online check in. However, as we have young kids, we like to get on the ship early. Do we must follow the exact board time that we choose? Can we arrive there early and get on board early?

Thanks very much.

Currently, you are allowed to enter the port when you show up,,, regardless of you selected time.

If you want to board early, show up around 10:30. You'll get through security and check in fairly quickly. Boarding will start at 11:30 (your edocs will say noon). Boarding is done by boarding groups. First come first serve.

The buffet will be open at 11:30. MDR at noon. If you want a pool-side lounger, grab one quickly.

If you don't want to sit around an wait (and it's busy and not that pleasant) you can drop your bags off, check in early and then go to Intrepid for a few hours and then you can walk straight it (having got your boarding number already from when you checked in). This is what we did, I have a very restless husband and he just gets tetchy waiting to board :D

Currently, you are allowed to enter the port when you show up,,, regardless of you selected time.

If you want to board early, show up around 10:30. You'll get through security and check in fairly quickly. Boarding will start at 11:30 (your edocs will say noon). Boarding is done by boarding groups. First come first serve.

The buffet will be open at 11:30. MDR at noon. If you want a pool-side lounger, grab one quickly.

I understand that ONLY one of the three MDR's is open, at noon, for lunch, on embarkation. How does one discover which one is open, at ?Check-In or ?Onboard? :confused:

I understand that ONLY one of the three MDR's is open, at noon, for lunch, on embarkation. How does one discover which one is open, at ?Check-In or ?Onboard? :confused:

Check-in may be able to advise, but they provide a news sheet which will confirm. Both Taste and the one immediately across will be open, Manhattan will not.

If you prefer a buffet, but don't wish to fight for a table then go to Moderno which is much quieter and few people know about this option!

Check-in may be able to advise, but they provide a news sheet which will confirm. Both Taste and the one immediately across will be open, Manhattan will not.

If you prefer a buffet, but don't wish to fight for a table then go to Moderno which is much quieter and few people know about this option!

Moderno does an embarkation day lunch for non-Haven guests?

We went to O'Sheehan's as soon as we got on the ship and there was no wait. The food was fine and the service was fast. We had boarding delays on embarkation day though and didn't start boarding until around 12:30 or 1. We got there at 10 and the line to check in was not bad. By around 11 the line was crazy long. At a certain point though, everyone is waiting whether in line to check in or in the lobby to embark. I like the idea of seeing Intrepid and may steal that next time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me where I go to choose a boarding time? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

When you do your online check-in, it will be one of questions you are asked. If you are 100% checked in, then no Time to Arrive at Port is required. If you are close to sailing date and can get to your edocs, it will be printed at the top of the first page.

Edited by BirdTravels

When you do your online check-in, it will be one of questions you are asked. If you are 100% checked in, then no Time to Arrive at Port is required. If you are close to sailing date and can get to your edocs, it will be printed at the top of the first page.

I'm 100% checked in and there was no option to pick a time. I'm not close to sailing so does this mean that they will pick a time?

No I didnt. I'm in a haven room, does that make a difference?

As a Haven guest, you can show up whenever. Even if at some point, you are forced by the system to choose a time, you can ignore whatever time you select.

Double check about 7-10 days before you sail. You might get knocked down to 80% and be forced to choose a time even though you are a Haven guest. That has happened to myself and a few other CC members. If it does happen, pick any time that drops down and continue to arrive when you had originally planned to arrive.

Yes. Haven can arrive whenever you want.

As a Haven guest, you can show up whenever. Even if at some point, you are forced by the system to choose a time, you can ignore whatever time you select.

Double check about 7-10 days before you sail. You might get knocked down to 80% and be forced to choose a time even though you are a Haven guest. That has happened to myself and a few other CC members. If it does happen, pick any time that drops down and continue to arrive when you had originally planned to arrive.

Thank you!

check in will be interesting. 3 out of 4 of my party have one time and 1 has another. ;)

The times don't mean anything. It's an effort by NCL to avoid everyone coming at the same time. Everyone isn't on CC and aren't "in the know" like we are. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from breakaway cruise. No one checked my boarding time. I did notice that people show up way too early at this cruise terminal. I think in part this is because of boarding times people were able to choose from. There's not much reason to show up at the cruise terminal before 10:30 am or so. I don't even understand their system for handing out the grouping numbers. I was waiting in the terminal by 10:40 AM with a number 7 group card. I spoke to a lady who got there at 9:30 AM and they gave her group number 25. That makes no sense to me.

The times don't mean anything. It's an effort by NCL to avoid everyone coming at the same time. Everyone isn't on CC and aren't "in the know" like we are. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i just realized the trip i'm on departs at 3, not 4 like my last one. can i assume with a 3pm sail that 2pm is muster like 3pm was muster for 4pm sail?