REFLECTION TRANSATLANTIC - Full Review!!! 10/21/16 - 11/5/16

chicagopaul

I enjoyed your review. We have only sailed Equinox and Eclipse and we'd love to sail Reflection but the 7 night only cruises are kind of a deal breaker. We'll do a TA on her though if the time is right.

I have found one thing to be very helpful for the staff that you didn't mention and I'm hoping you did it but just didn't mention. That is the attention to detail cards (or they might be called something else). They appear in your cabin early in the cruise and you can get more at guest relations.

They're for giving on-the-spot reviews of people who you encounter on your cruise. I fill out at least two on each cruise, and I don't do it at the end. In your review you named a few individuals and wrote nice things about them and how they were beneficial to your cruise and how well they did their jobs. THIS is what you should write on the cards - in detail (you get to use your small writing skills!!) and by name. Sometimes I write a good deal on one person and have to use several cards. Turn those in to guest relations. This is what happens: As soon as the next morning they'll either come up to you or someone will and will tell you thank you!! And they'll say that because of your review they got an extra shift off, or some free internet time, or a long phone call back home.

This is our experience with the attention to detail cards. I will usually write one on day 3 and then the second to last day. I actually enjoy writing these and LOOK for people to compliment. For example, on one cruise there was a stateroom attendant we passed in the hall multi times a day. He wasn't OUR attendant but he had the best smile, was always working hard and was singing little happy songs constantly. I asked his name and wrote a complimentary report on him. Not only do they get instant benefits but these go on their permanent file and are used for future promotions. He stopped me two days later and asked if I wrote a nice report on him, because he got some internet.

I urge people all the time to do this. It just makes a better employee when they know they're being appreciated, and a better cruise for all.

We were very disappointed with Luminae and finally gave up on it and ate at specialty restaurants and Blu. The menu is vey limited and we often couldn't find anything we liked and ordered from the MDR menu. Service was very slow. It seemed like there was a galley problem. Preparation of some dishes left much to be desired. Fish was dry, meat not cooked as requested- ordered rare, served well done. Rarely were DH and I able to eat main course together because of problems. Blu had much better breakfasts and better service all around. We spoke to Maitr'd twice as well as Food and Beverage manager.

Next cruise in Concierge cabin with Ultimate Dining Package and Premium Drink Package for les than 1/2 price of lowest level suite. I'll give up the extra room for an additional cruise.

Since I asked the question about the VIP I wanted to make sure that there was no confusion.

My experience was much like Paul's experience. The Luminae has always been a great for us.

I do not mind ordering from the MDR or making a request when I do not see something on the menu. I love the escargot.

I no longer enjoy Blu for dinner. We did try it for breakfast this cruise and I enjoyed the Luminae more although the breakfast in Blu was good as well.

People have different opinions and I heard and read a lot of negative comments about Blu on this cruise.

I would certainly never pay more to be able to dine in Blu, but I would for Luminae.

Because it was so busy I would concur that the Reflection Luminae experience is not as enjoyable as the Eclipse and Silhouette, but I still believe it is because of all the extra suites on the Reflection. Even the Michael'S Club experience was not as good because of the crowds.

Your Conceirge strategy is a good one, but you might want to try a suite on a different Solstice Class ship.

Enjoy your next cruise.

Really enjoyed meeting/talking with you and Edward, and thanks for such a well detailed review. Was an absolute pleasure dining with you both (and with Minihorse) in Murano.

You'll have to let me know if they change up the fries at Lawn Club on your next visit, I like to think Celebrity is a learning organization, but the proof is in the pudding (or in this case in the fries).

I'll add up my review on Reflection as well in the next day or so. Thanks though for the pleasure of sharing this transatlantic with such nice people. Was nice putting faces with so many cruise critic names

Chicago Paul,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your cruise. We, too, are staying in Room 2127 when we leave for the Caribbean on November 26th! The insight you provided was excellent. We are hoping for the same butler and room attendant that you had. And I really appreciate all the information on the dining outlets. Thanks again!

Getting excited for our travels!

Marion

Really enjoyed meeting/talking with you and Edward, and thanks for such a well detailed review. Was an absolute pleasure dining with you both (and with Minihorse) in Murano.

You'll have to let me know if they change up the fries at Lawn Club on your next visit, I like to think Celebrity is a learning organization, but the proof is in the pudding (or in this case in the fries).

I'll add up my review on Reflection as well in the next day or so. Thanks though for the pleasure of sharing this transatlantic with such nice people. Was nice putting faces with so many cruise critic names

Thank you for the kind words! We had a pleasure meeting, chatting and dining with you (and with Minihorse haha). Hopefully we run into each other on a future sailing.

Chicago Paul,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your cruise. We, too, are staying in Room 2127 when we leave for the Caribbean on November 26th! The insight you provided was excellent. We are hoping for the same butler and room attendant that you had. And I really appreciate all the information on the dining outlets. Thanks again!

Getting excited for our travels!

Marion

Marion - Enjoy your cruise! You'll definitely have a wonderful time. I hope you have great weather and smooth seas! If you think of any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Fantastic review, pictures, and video Paul!

I sat next to you dodging flames in Murano when you and Edward had dinner with Johnny... I also held up my end of the martini bar most nights with same bartender favorites btw, and apparently missed meeting you both later - LOL! Blame them, not me~

Special thanks for the martini video! Still having withdrawals and I will save it to smile!

Wish you would add the REF Apr TA. to your plans? But if not, hope to see you both again!

Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You did a great job dodging flames! Haha, thankfully there was no need for them to use that little fire extinguisher they alway keep on the cart. Hopefully we see you again on a future sailing. Until then enjoy your drinks and smooth sailing!

If you ever give up real estate you'd make a fantastic travel blogger! Thanks for the great review. We met you last December on the Reflection. We are booked on Summit next month but hope to get back on the Reflection soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review and photos. I enjoyed watching your live videos also. You've given great information.

Looks like we will be on the Reflection with you in February. It will be our first S Class cruise so we are really excited. I see you'll be celebrating you 30th birthday. We'll be celebrating our 31st Anniversary. Hope you join our Roll Call if you haven't already.

Thanks again!

Kelly

BAR SERVICE!!!!

OK, So if you’ve read my blog, if you’ve met me or if you’ve seen me from a distance you know that I am most likely at a bar, leaving a bar, headed to a bar, or planning to be at a bar later. Hey, what can I say it is who I am. Let me evaluate the bar service on the Celebrity Reflection.

This review might be slightly biased. At any restaurant we go to we eat at the bar. We know lots of bartenders and some of our best friends are career bartenders. Because of this we know how to get great service at a bar but even with that set aside, we always observe the bars and will give our honest opinion of bar service. Even some of our friends and favorite bartenders in Chicago may get a “Hey…you really need to change X,Y,Z in the way you approach or serve people.” So, without further delay, but with a glass of wine at my side, here are my thoughts on the Celebrity Reflection Bar Service broken down by the bars we visited. Please note, not all are included because we only visited a few bars while on the ship.

[/b]

What are suggestions for getting great bar service on Celebrity? TIA

Chicago paul... 2 quick questions.. 1) how many TV channels did the ship get on the transatlantic? Movies, pay or free? 2) Laundry...do you know if it was offered to non elite cruisers (a bag for lets say $20.00) Thanks

True, they are called suites but are only one large room. They are at least a third as big as a regular veranda room. Definitely not the same size! Maybe the photos don't do it justice, I didn't look at the video. The space around the bed and around the sofa and in the room in general is why we book these over and over. Well that and the restaurant and lounge and butler.

We have had a Sky on the "Hump" on Reflection and in addition to what Claudia mentions they also have a bit larger balcony, more storage, and a tub shower as opposed to an A1. Might not seem like much but when you are 6'3" its a big plus.

Also, these suites are IMHO in a terrific position on the ship near the center elevators yet are surprisingly quiet.

True, they are called suites but are only one large room. They are at least a third as big as a regular veranda room. Definitely not the same size! Maybe the photos don't do it justice, I didn't look at the video. The space around the bed and around the sofa and in the room in general is why we book these over and over. Well that and the restaurant and lounge and butler.

I/2 ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have taken three transatlantics on the reflection and your review was spot on. I especially love your comment on you're favorite part, meeting people. What a wonderful end to your review. We point this out often to our "non cruise" friends. As for Skylab, love them!!!! If you don't already, friend skyla j on Facebook. She and her husband oz are inspiring beautiful people who make the world a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...