Royal Princess "walk off" disembark Dec 20th?

Clampram

Hi everyone! We are on the Royal on the Dec 10-20 sailing from Port Everglades. On the 20th, we want to walk off and then hook up with a car service to go to the Hilton (for a day room) at Miami airport. We have a very late flight on that day.

What are the correct walk off times? We did this on the Regal in April and I think it was something like a 7 AM, 9:30 or 10:30 group that you signed up for.

Anyone have the specific info?

Thanks in advance!

Emily

Hi everyone! We are on the Royal on the Dec 10-20 sailing from Port Everglades. On the 20th, we want to walk off and then hook up with a car service to go to the Hilton (for a day room) at Miami airport. We have a very late flight on that day.

What are the correct walk off times? We did this on the Regal in April and I think it was something like a 7 AM, 9:30 or 10:30 group that you signed up for.

Thanks in advance!

Emily

You will receive a disembark questionnaire in your cabin. The self disembark options will be shown. There are normally a few of them 15 mins. apart around 7am. The self disembark option is where you wheel all your own luggage off the ship with no assistance. There are also independent arrangement options at various times throughout the morning. This is where you place your luggage out the evening before and pick it up in the terminal. A taxi to Miami is around $85.

There is also the EZ Check option for certain airlines out of Miami. This is where you place your luggage out the night before and it is delivered to the airline. Check out this site: http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2015/02/princess-ez-check-service-for-fort.html

Thanks in advance!

Emily

Walk off are the first off the ship not 930 or 1030.

You will receive a disembark questionnaire in your cabin. The self disembark options will be shown. There are normally a few of them 15 mins. apart around 7am. The self disembark option is where you wheel all your own luggage off the ship with no assistance. There are also independent arrangement options at various times throughout the morning. This is where you place your luggage out the evening before and pick it up in the terminal. A taxi to Miami is around $85.

There is also the EZ Check option for certain airlines out of Miami. This is where you place your luggage out the night before and it is delivered to the airline. Check out this site: http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2015/02/princess-ez-check-service-for-fort.html

I am on the same December sailing of the Royal with Clampram. I was wondering at what time Princess generally starts disembarkation for the people that do not self disembark? My husband has some physical limitations that will prevent us carrying the luggage off the ship. Hopefully we can do the EZ check, but our flight is right on the borderline for earliness as I have seen documentation of cut off times for EZ check for FLL as 11:30 and some at noon. Thanks for any information that you can give.

We were on the Royal Oct 8 TA which had no EZ check. The ship docked at 5am. We had Red 3 tags which had a 6:30 meet time to disembark. Our wait was so short that unfortunately the luggage was not ready for us to pick up after getting off the ship. Even with that delay, we were checked in at FLL before 8am.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks in advance!

Emily

Royal -- New Year's Eve cruise 2015.

My experience has been that if you want to be in one of the first

2 groups, and there are a lot of other people who want to walk

off, they will check that you have the card assigning you to the

group.

So I say...

20161113_RoyalDisembark_zpsfejzzeu5.jpg

Royal -- New Year's Eve cruise 2015.

My experience has been that if you want to be in one of the first

2 groups, and there are a lot of other people who want to walk

off, they will check that you have the card assigning you to the

group.

So I say...

20161113_RoyalDisembark_zpsfejzzeu5.jpg

Great info....that's just what I was looking for. Do you see the later walk off times on that image that you posted?...like 9:30 and 10:30, please. I'm trying too get a general plan to arrange for a car service. Thanks

I am on the same December sailing of the Royal with Clampram. I was wondering at what time Princess generally starts disembarkation for the people that do not self disembark? My husband has some physical limitations that will prevent us carrying the luggage off the ship. Hopefully we can do the EZ check, but our flight is right on the borderline for earliness as I have seen documentation of cut off times for EZ check for FLL as 11:30 and some at noon. Thanks for any information that you can give.

if you click on the link posted above, it gives a time of 11:30 for the EZ check. Hope that helps!

Emily

Here's a link for a blog that I found with more recent info

<http://concertsatsea.blogspot.com/2016/01/princess-ez-check-service-in-fort.html>

Emily

Great info....that's just what I was looking for. Do you see the later walk off times on that image that you posted?...like 9:30 and 10:30, please. I'm trying too get a general plan to arrange for a car service. Thanks

There are no later 'official' walk off times.

My experience has been -- as long as your group has already

been called, there is no issue with going later.

If I were going to walk off, I would do it as early as possible.

It is not fun to be on the ship. Almost everything is closed,

and it is a zoo.

And, the sooner you get to Customs/Immigration the less time

there is for a line to build up.

There are no later 'official' walk off times.

My experience has been -- as long as your group has already

been called, there is no issue with going later.

If I were going to walk off, I would do it as early as possible.

It is not fun to be on the ship. Almost everything is closed,

and it is a zoo.

And, the sooner you get to Customs/Immigration the less time

there is for a line to build up.

We were on the Regal in April and there were self disembark times after 9AM. It worked well for us and that's what I am trying to find out - the exact times. We have Global Entry so no issues with delays at immigration.

We were on the Regal in April and there were self disembark times after 9AM. It worked well for us and that's what I am trying to find out - the exact times.

On the page I posted, there were no later walk off times.

Perhaps it varies by how many people want to walk off.

Or perhaps it's like everything on Princess, consistently

inconsistent.

I don't think anyone here know what the exact times will

be on a particular cruise in the future.

Edited by pablo222

On the page I posted, there were no later walk off times.

Perhaps it varies by how many people want to walk off.

Or perhaps it's like everything on Princess, consistently

inconsistent.

I don't think anyone here know what the exact times will

be on a particular cruise in the future.

How right you are! Consistently inconsistent..........I like that!

Based on disembarkation on the Regal (last Sunday) the meeting times for walk-offs varied from 6:15 - 6:45 AM (they had 4 walk off groups labeled "A" - "D). Once cleared we were able to walk off beginning at about 6:40 and suspect all the walk-offs were in the terminal by 7am. One would suspect that the Royal would have a similar schedule giving a typical 6am (or earlier) docking time.

Hank

To the OP:

Since you are planning for a "walk-off," I assume that you can handle all your own luggage off the ship. If that's the case, there is nothing stopping you from asking for any of the "regular" departure groups that meet your timing needs. Just don't use any of the color/number tags they give you (i.e. do NOT put your bags out the night before) and just get off with your luggage when your group is called. The color/number groups are designed to not overwhelm the baggage processing capabilities of the ship and port - if you're "processing" your own luggage the only problem might be if the entire disembarkation process is delayed and projected times for different groups are late/delayed and then you couldn't get off at the time you wanted.

Another method, which I think is probably better and has been mentioned by another poster, is to sign-up for one of the express walk-off time well before the time you want to meet your transportation, but stay onboard until the time YOU want to get off, then just simply take your luggage off the ship and go. I've never had a problem doing walk-off later than the time the group was originally cleared to disembark. If you have an early assigned walk-off group, you can go when you want and if the whole process is running late, you can still have the ability to be one of the first off the ship to meet your ride if necessary.

Has Princess stopped the EZ Check program :confused:

What is/was the EZ Check program? I tried to find it on their website, but nothing came up.

Sorry to high-jack the thread OP, but was wondering what you all thought about a 9:55AM flight out of FLL on a Wednesday morning, no other ships in port, early Feb. We're TSA pre, along with everyone else these days, haha. ;) I want to risk it, knowing that if worse comes to worse, we have to re-book. If that means spending an extra night (it shouldn't, plenty of other flights later that day) so be it. I'd just prefer the non-stop if you think it's doable. Based on the schedule that was posted, I'm thinking it is, without having to do walk off. Thoughts? Again, sorry OP. :o

What is/was the EZ Check program? I tried to find it on their website, but nothing came up. For $20/person plus any airline baggage charges, you leave your luggage outside your cabin and the next time you see it is at hour home airport. Not all airlines participate. If connecting flights, must be on same airline. For FLL, must be on flights 11:30 AM or later.

Sorry to high-jack the thread OP, but was wondering what you all thought about a 9:55AM flight out of FLL on a Wednesday morning, no other ships in port, early Feb. We're TSA pre, along with everyone else these days, haha. ;) I want to risk it, knowing that if worse comes to worse, we have to re-book. If that means spending an extra night (it shouldn't, plenty of other flights later that day) so be it. I'd just prefer the non-stop if you think it's doable. Based on the schedule that was posted, I'm thinking it is, without having to do walk off. Thoughts? Again, sorry OP. :o

If the ship makes port on time and you are in an early group that picks up luggage on shore, you will probably make your flight.

What is/was the EZ Check program? I tried to find it on their website, but nothing came up.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2416989

Based on disembarkation on the Regal (last Sunday) the meeting times for walk-offs varied from 6:15 - 6:45 AM (they had 4 walk off groups labeled "A" - "D). Once cleared we were able to walk off beginning at about 6:40 and suspect all the walk-offs were in the terminal by 7am. One would suspect that the Royal would have a similar schedule giving a typical 6am (or earlier) docking time.

Hank

Our experience disembarking the Royal this morning was that walk off groups A-D were from 6:30 - 7:00am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums