Cafe Select Coffee Card

winpub

Was told months ago that the Allure & a few other ships have the Cafe Select Coffee Card now similar to the one Princess has .......from $31 plus grat. ..... which covers 15 specialty hot drinks ........ also told that only available to purchase onboard ........ does anyone have any info re this .... on the Allure Dec. 4 ....... Thanks all,:confused:

You're right you can't buy the coffee card ahead of time because it varies by ship. When I was on the Jewel last December it was something like $30 for 6 drinks and then you got the 7th drink free. On the Serenade you bought the card based on value of the drinks you were going to buy. In any case stop by the Café select when you board and see what the options are for your sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
My May 28th sailing on Allure has it now available to purchase

I purchased a card for my cruise - I'm also on the Allure May 28th sailing. Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle? See links in my signature.

$31 for 15 espresso based coffees. Curious as to whether frappes are included since I've seen mixed reports on this.

Anyone have any experience getting a frappe with the card?

~ Judy

Was told months ago that the Allure & a few other ships have the Cafe Select Coffee Card now similar to the one Princess has .......from $31 plus grat. ..... which covers 15 specialty hot drinks ........ also told that only available to purchase onboard ........ does anyone have any info re this .... on the Allure Dec. 4 ....... Thanks all,:confused:

We got one for our Liberty cruise earlier this month. Worked great, any size coffee equals one punch (they used a sharpie instead of a punch). Great value!

Thanks for this thread, prompted me to look at what was available on my upcoming Transatlantic on Indy. It's available there so will get a card for husband who generally gets 1 a day. Cards are 15 coffees for 30 ponds uk site

Did this on the Harmony. Was a good deal. Sadly we only used 13 of the 15.

On Harmony, was your card "charged" one punch per drink regardless of the number of espresso shots? Or was a double two punches? There seems to be mixed responses on how the card is charged on each ship.

Looking at this for our upcoming cruise this Sunday. Does anyone know if this works on any drink (like the frappuccino's or chai) it is it truly ONLY espresso based drinks?

If there is no discount on the card, then I'd wait to purchase until you get on board so you can go to the venue and find out exactly what is covered and how many punches they will use.

How many punches seems to vary by ship and can be very frustrating. On most ship it is a punch per shot not per cup of coffee. The other thing that has no consistency between ships is the iced drinks and frapuccinos. On Anthem the smaller size of the cold drinks was 1 punch, on Grandeur the same size was 2. The price for the card is the same on line and on board so I would suggest waiting until you are on board and asking the barrister what their policy is. Then decide if the card makes sense for you.

Well the fine print is very clear it says:

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

What part of ANY is there to interpret?

I have a serious talk with the hotel manager is they would give me ANY coffee that is on the menu....

I he refuses...I would like to get that in writing so I could take it up with corporate afterwards....

I have a feeling that it is the crew making up fake-rules as they go... :D

I see the Starbucks logo on this price list. I thought that the coffee card did not cover the Starbucks drinks?

The coffee card and beverage packages do not cover beverages from the licensed Starbucks venues on Oasis class ships. However, they do cover coffee beverages on other ships that may or may not use Starbucks beans.

The coffee card and beverage packages do not cover beverages from the licensed Starbucks venues on Oasis class ships. However, they do cover coffee beverages on other ships that may or may not use Starbucks beans.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing it up!

How many punches seems to vary by ship and can be very frustrating. On most ship it is a punch per shot not per cup of coffee.

I think it's the other way around. Most ships it's per drink. The outliers are doing it per shot. Which is a horrible deal.

Well the fine print is very clear it says:

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

What part of ANY is there to interpret?

I have a serious talk with the hotel manager is they would give me ANY coffee that is on the menu....

I he refuses...I would like to get that in writing so I could take it up with corporate afterwards....

I have a feeling that it is the crew making up fake-rules as they go... :D

On Adventure in December the food beverage manager would NOT back down on how it works. He did take care of us in that he gave us a second card at the end of the conversation with dh, but that's still annoying. Because it shouldn't be per shot.

Yes per shot works brilliantly *for them* if you're a person that gets iced lattes. They don't have a Tall size for that so it's a Grande with two shots. So instead of paying 3.75 for that you pay two punches.

$31/15 drinks is 2.06. $31/7.5 drinks (if you always get a 2 shot drink that's what you'll get) is 4.13. So you're paying that equivalent for a $3.75 drink.

If he had compromised with one punch and 25 cents we would have liked it better than the "omg you're such a pain leave me a line here's another card" way he resolved it with us. We went in asking simply for a refund and to turn in the card. And he refused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums