Solarium pool question

doones2

They NEVER open the so-called retractable roof...don't know why..but they don't. It sucks. Voyager class has NO roof...so it's a pleasant place for adults to sun and swim. On Radiance class, it's a freaking sauna....no tanning...humid.... I guess if it's cold out, it might be ok..but in the tropics...OPEN THE DAMN ROOF!

Edited by cb at sea

Does the solarium pool on Freedom have a retractable roof. I notice that the Voyager class didn't but the Radiance class did. On a day of lousy weather, the retractable roof is a blessing.

The area over the pool is open. The area around the pool area is covered as are the sides enclosed by glass. They have their own pool bar as well. I found the Solarium very clean, well designed and quiet.

They NEVER open the so-called retractable roof...don't know why..but they don't. It sucks. Voyager class has NO roof...so it's a pleasant place for adults to sun and swim. On Radiance class, it's a freaking sauna....no tanning...humid.... I guess if it's cold out, it might be ok..but in the tropics...OPEN THE DAMN ROOF!

You don't know why they don't open the roof? ...Maybe because some people don't want to cook like a rotisserie chicken on every cruise they go on. Believe it or not, getting a tan is not the main reason why some people cruise. A difficult concept for you to process, I imagine, but try to see another perspective. Oh, BTW, it is humid outside in the tropics in case you hadn't noticed. :rolleyes:

The last time that I was on Serenade the solarium was air conditioned and quite comfortable. At times it was a welcomed retreat from the Caribbean heat and humidity.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Radiance was made for Alaska, wasn't it? Very very pleasant during an Alaskan cruise. :)

Too bad they don't open it for hotter cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our 12 Night Serenade Repo this year from Bos to FLL, the Solarium roof was open a couple of times during the hotter days. Of course it was closed when we left Boston while travelling down to St. Thomas.

So they do open it at times.