Balcony Guarantee Assignment

amby6063

Hey everyone,

I switched my reservation for Independence of the Seas (December 3rd) from a promenade view (the Ben & Jerry's sweet actually) to a balcony guarantee. The guy on the phone said it could be assigned anywhere from now until the sail date. Do I get notification once it's assigned? Or should I just log in daily to see when it updates to show a cabin number?

Thanks!

Ended up calling and after MUCH deliberation, I switched to a midship E1 without a connecting room. Almost took an Aft balcony, but read mostly negative things about the aft balconies on lower floors (only 6 and 7 (not the outside room for 7) were available.

The staff at their call centre sure are great though, and were very patient with my constantly changing mind, haha!

Glad to know that if you don't like the assigned cabin, it is easy to change it though, I think I will book a guarantee again next time.

Glad to know that if you don't like the assigned cabin, it is easy to change it though, I think I will book a guarantee again next time.

Not in England [emoji36] once you have been assigned a cabin you are stuck with it. If you want to swap to another in that same grade you have to pay the current full prevailing rate for that grade...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not in England [emoji36] once you have been assigned a cabin you are stuck with it. If you want to swap to another in that same grade you have to pay the current full prevailing rate for that grade...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not in most European countries as well, totally unfair!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also had a guaranteed balcony with connecting rooms and was able to change it for my upcoming cruise on HOTS in January! I am from the USA...wonder y the difference?

US/Canadian booking rules have always been different than other countries.

Edited by clarea

Out of curiosity, why exactly are folks in England and elsewhere abroad not able to do what Americans can do, i.e. switch to a different cabin in the same category?

Because of the terms of their booking and policies of RCI in that market.