Why cancel my FTTF?

Salem615

So I was not thrilled that Carnival is changing ships from Valor to Liberty but i was hopeful all will be well. Just waiting to see if my cabin stayed the same.

This morning i got this email:

Please be advised, we regret to inform you your pre-sales order, 3KC1L1001, has been cancelled due to Sail Date Change on Booking. A refund to the credit card ending in has already been processed through our system and should show on your account within 5-7 business days, depending on your bank.

We apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused, and we encourage you to book another one of our great online offerings. They are the perfect way to enhance your cruise vacation experience, and Carnival is adding new ones all the time.

Why would they cancel my FTTF? And what is this about a sail date change?

My cruise is not until April and when I looked at my booking the sail date appears to be the same.

I am not happy about all of this. I was really looking forward to this cruise and already booked my airfare. If they change the sail date next I will have to cancel.

If you're working with a PVP, call and see if FTTF is available for the cruise on the Liberty. If so, have your PVP book it for you. If it's not currently available, keep checking (daily) and grab it when you can. Hope everything else works out for you.

Edited by beachbum53

So I was not thrilled that Carnival is changing ships from Valor to Liberty but i was hopeful all will be well. Just waiting to see if my cabin stayed the same.

Please be advised, we regret to inform you your pre-sales order, 3KC1L1001, has been cancelled due to Sail Date Change on Booking. A refund to the credit card ending in has already been processed through our system and should show on your account within 5-7 business days, depending on your bank.

We apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused, and we encourage you to book another one of our great online offerings. They are the perfect way to enhance your cruise vacation experience, and Carnival is adding new ones all the time.

My cruise is not until April and when I looked at my booking the sail date appears to be the same.

I am not happy about all of this. I was really looking forward to this cruise and already booked my airfare. If they change the sail date next I will have to cancel.

FTTF passes are limited. It is based on the number of platinum members on board. They obviously cannot sell everyone FTTF passes or else there will crowding in that line and that will defeat the purpose. I think the information about change in sail date must be an error. I would call them to clarify.

FTTF passes are limited. It is based on the number of platinum members on board. They obviously cannot sell everyone FTTF passes or else there will crowding in that line and that will defeat the purpose. I think the information about change in sail date must be an error. I would call them to clarify.

That line was crowded long before the created FTTF and Diamond :D

I've been on Journey cruises with several hundred platinums and diamonds; one cruise reportedly had around 700.

On the roll calls for these cruises, posters were putting out alerts for when FTTF became available for non P&D's.

I think the idea that FTTF is limited by the # of P&D's on board is a cruise myth.

Carnival limits FTTF solely to raise the demand. As they continue to raise the price of FTTF, some demand might wane, but they could recapture that revenue by selling "Almost as Fast to the Fun" for the original FTTF price.

I got the same email this morning. Was on Liberty in Feb, now Valor.

Faster to the Fun and another excursion were canceled even though email last week said they would carry over. I logged in and rebooked the FTTF just incase they made a mistake when moving and I did have to rebook.

When I examined my booking everything was on the new ship but the itinerary wasnt up yet.

They may just not be done moving things around yet.

But if we are just changing ships shouldn't it all be the same? The same people already booked and I booked FTTF at the same time I booked the cruise.

It would not make sense to cancel my FTTF.

It certainly should remain the same "if" the ship size and layout is the same.

I've been on Journey cruises with several hundred platinums and diamonds; one cruise reportedly had around 700.

On the roll calls for these cruises, posters were putting out alerts for when FTTF became available for non P&D's.

I think the idea that FTTF is limited by the # of P&D's on board is a cruise myth.

Carnival limits FTTF solely to raise the demand. As they continue to raise the price of FTTF, some demand might wane, but they could recapture that revenue by selling "Almost as Fast to the Fun" for the original FTTF price.

Several hundreds???? That's just moneymaking there.

They sell up to 30 per cruise (depending on how many "priorties" onboard if more is offered)

I know they sell way more than 30 per cruise. On my last cruise they sold them early on but I don't know how many as it was sold out shortly after I booked the cruise. I purchased mine about 2 months before the sailing and at the time I purchased there were 82 available. So 82 plus the first offering is way more than 30.

They have offered them twice on my next cruise and that was for about 30 each time. So about 60 in total so far. We still have over 5 months to go.

My PVP posted this note that she received from Carnival Corporate on her personal Cruising website:

"We are aware that guests have received the cancellation notices regarding Shore Excursion, FTTF and Carnival Live as part of the ship swap (Liberty/Valor) process. Please reassure guests that we will take care of rebooking any cancelled excursions and reapply payment. In fact, we will not open pre-sales for sale until we protect every excursion on any given sailing."

Sounds like they will make it right! Hope that is the case!

Misty

There's 54 available right now on a July 2017 cruise I'm booked on. And I'm sure they will offer more.

oh wow. thats just way too many-- that means there will be at least over 100 more people standing in line for guest services== or in line trying to off the ship or tendering..

My PVP posted this note that she received from Carnival Corporate on her personal Cruising website:

"We are aware that guests have received the cancellation notices regarding Shore Excursion, FTTF and Carnival Live as part of the ship swap (Liberty/Valor) process. Please reassure guests that we will take care of rebooking any cancelled excursions and reapply payment. In fact, we will not open pre-sales for sale until we protect every excursion on any given sailing."

Sounds like they will make it right! Hope that is the case!

Misty

I received a cancellation notice as well. And, the FTTF booking is currently open with 57 est tix. My spa reservations didn't come over as well. Really hoping they will. Weve been assigned the same cabin # on Valor.

There's 54 available right now on a July 2017 cruise I'm booked on. And I'm sure they will offer more.

I made the comment years ago that Carnival would slowly increase the numbers of people allowed to use FTTF. No surprise here. It's a sure money maker. Diamond and Platinum were sold out the day FTTF started. Doesn't bother me in the least, l expected it.

Carnival does this all the time and they DON'T CARE!!!!!

It's an automated email. As they're moving the cruises around the system it's recognizing the change first as a cancellation. More than likely there was no (easy) way to cancel the notifications, thus the emails. Per their email, they'll reinstate all excursions and FTTF is classified as such.

If you've ever cancelled a cruise that's what happens, it automatically cancels anything booked under that reservation and you get an email notification.

The passenger load is almost identical, the passengers and what each booked isn't changing per se, so, once they transfer everything over it should work out without any issues. If after a week or so your excursions, FTTF, aren't back on your booking, I might give a call then to inquire, especially if you're cruising soon.

This is no small undertaking considering both ships have been booked and were booking sailings thru, sometime in 2018!

I also noticed this evening that the bookings have completely disappeared for our Aug 7 cruise. They were there this morning as sailing on the Carnival Valor instead of the Liberty but now they're completely gone. Putting in the original booking number does not bring it up either. I guess they're changing the booking numbers as well.

I cannot access mine either and this morning there was a refund on my credit card for FTTF.

Apparently they real did cancel my FTTF. When I called a few days ago they said the email was sent in error but the refund is real!

I don't see how they can put that back without my approval now. It doesn't make sense because the money that I already paid for the cruise is not refunded...