Koningsdam Luggage Storage

Shepsue

28 days to go and getting excited.

We have been mostly Celebrity cruisers in the past and on it's Solstice class ships, there was room under the beds to store the empty suitcases.

Does anyone know if this is the same on Koningsdam?

Thank you

28 days to go and getting excited.

We have been mostly Celebrity cruisers in the past and on it's Solstice class ships, there was room under the beds to store the empty suitcases.

Does anyone know if this is the same on Koningsdam?

Thank you

Our luggage fit under our bed on the Koningsdam. Of course we only had carry on bags, nothing huge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to smile about the storage of bags under the bed. Some 22 years ago wife and I went on our very first cruise and had no idea you could store empty bags under the bed. So there we were literally climbing over two or three bags plus our carry on to get around in what was a category B verandah back in the day. Room steward finally mentioned on day three that the bags would fit under the bed. :o That said we've never been on a cruise since on four diffferent lines that didn't have storage room under the bed.

I have to smile about the storage of bags under the bed. That said we've never been on a cruise since on four diffferent lines that didn't have storage room under the bed.

Randy, as I remember it, the Millennium class ships on Celebrity did not have high enough bed frames to allow suitcase storage under the beds. My memory could be wrong but....

I guess you haven't been on the Prinsendam yet! ;)

Never have been able to get our baggage under the bed on the Prinsendam. And we had 25" suitcases which fit under the beds on all the other ships. Stewards arrange for our suitcases to be stored on the Prinsendam.

No need to worry about the Konigsdam. Lots of storage space. More than we could use and we had four suitcases.

I guess you haven't been on the Prinsendam yet! ;)

Never have been able to get our baggage under the bed on the Prinsendam. And we had 25" suitcases which fit under the beds on all the other ships. Stewards arrange for our suitcases to be stored on the Prinsendam.

No need to worry about the Konigsdam. Lots of storage space. More than we could use and we had four suitcases.

We've always stored our suitcases under the bed on P'dam. Just open them up and they fit just fine. they don't fit if they are closed for sure ;).

Randy, as I remember it, the Millennium class ships on Celebrity did not have high enough bed frames to allow suitcase storage under the beds. My memory could be wrong but....

We've only been on one Celebrity cruise and that was on the old Galaxy 11 years ago. I don't recall exactly where the bags went but I think under the bed. We were in a Royal Suite that size wise on the Galaxy was somewhere in between a Neptune and Pinnacle so we had plenty of space so there might have been some other place to store our bags. In a couple of cases we've found we needed about another inch to clear the bed frame so I'll lift gently and Mrs K will push the empty bag under the bed. We also travel with soft sided luggage and while they have a frame they flex a bit.

Edited by Randyk47

We've always stored our suitcases under the bed on P'dam. Just open them up and they fit just fine. they don't fit if they are closed for sure ;).

Tried that and still wasn't able to get them under. I imagine if you suitcases opens in the middle that might work. Ours are just too tall even with the lid open.

Tried that and still wasn't able to get them under. I imagine if you suitcases opens in the middle that might work. Ours are just too tall even with the lid open.

Ahh - got it ;). Ours do open in the middle so that they are not as high when opened. Great that your steward took care of you :)

If you stay in the PS on any ship, the bed is stationary (can't be moved) and solid to the floor.

Thus no suitcases fit under the bed.

If you are in the PS I don't think space is an issue for storing stuff. :D You can throw a party in the closet area!

Edited by Boytjie