Allure - Central Park Balcony vs. Outdoor Balcony

martyap

This will be our first experience on the Allure. On the advice of our son-in-law we booked a Central Park Balcony, deck 12, mid-ship. Today I noticed our original price dropped by $200/cabin and RCCL adjusted my booking. The rep mentioned that he had many outdoor balconies on decks 6/7/8 available. We could switch to an outdoor balcony for about what the original cost was for the CP balcony.

We did not book originally because of the price of one vs the other. And we do understand that the one big advantage of an outdoor balcony is a lot more privacy. Just wondering your thoughts.........keep the CP balcony? consider an outdoor balcony? :confused:

I think you are actually asking to compare a CP balcony with an Ocean View balcony. If you want to save some money and are happy with a view of the park then keep it. However, if you are happy with the price you originally paid then you might want to consider changing cabins. The park is quite beautiful and it lit up quite nicely at night with a string group playing music. Personally, I would much rather have a view of the ocean than the park but it comes down to your preference.

If you originally wanted an Ocean View Balcony and didnt get it because of the price and now you can have it at the price you booked, I would go for it. Personally the CP Balcony View will always be the same, Ocean view will always change. Plus there is a bit more privacy as you face the ocean and not into the ship

Both are nice but Ocean View is obviously better. Deck 8 would be your best choice for quietness and quick access to the ship. Central Park is deck 8 and just 2 quick decks down to Boardwalk. When we had our ocean view, we loved being able to simply walk out of our cabin and a few steps to a stroll through central park - good for access to the bar when you want drinks on your balcony too. Personally, I'd grab an ocean view on Deck 8 and not think twice. If you can get towards the rear elevators, that is preferable I think.

If you want to enjoy central park at night, no need for a balcony, step out of your deck 8 cabin and grab a seat somewhere in Central Park. It's so nice and quiet in the evenings with music too.

Edited by BNBR

Thanks....I swapped the CP balcony deck 12 for an OV balcony, deck 8, midship.......agree that the privacy, fresh air, convenience to CP are great.......cost was less than I initially booked the CP balcony

This will be our first experience on the Allure. On the advice of our son-in-law we booked a Central Park Balcony, deck 12, mid-ship. Today I noticed our original price dropped by $200/cabin and RCCL adjusted my booking. The rep mentioned that he had many outdoor balconies on decks 6/7/8 available. We could switch to an outdoor balcony for about what the original cost was for the CP balcony.

We did not book originally because of the price of one vs the other. And we do understand that the one big advantage of an outdoor balcony is a lot more privacy. Just wondering your thoughts.........keep the CP balcony? consider an outdoor balcony? :confused:

I prefer a CP balcony much more.

Thanks....I swapped the CP balcony deck 12 for an OV balcony, deck 8, midship.......agree that the privacy, fresh air, convenience to CP are great.......cost was less than I initially booked the CP balcony

Good choice

We have stayed Central ,Boardwalk, (Last cabin in the back), and ocean Balcony deck 8 All were great but for the price you made a good choice.

We will be on Allure in January with an Ocean Balcony deck 7.

If price is not a deterrent, I would definitely choose the outdoor balcony - - sitting on your balcony and facing the ocean is fabulous! As others have mentioned in addition to enjoying your ocean view, you also have much more privacy. You can always enjoy Central Park by walking down to it and sitting on the benches or in one of the restaurants. Whichever you choose, your cruise will be fabulous on that ship! Enjoy!