Harmony of the Seas "Nearly Live" - 11/19/16

StlGal

Well, after 10+ hours of much deserved sleep (did I mention the relaxing and recharging is one of goals? [emoji51]) we are now headed south to Ft. Lauderdale. We will make a short stop in Cocoa Beach for lunch at Sandbar Sports Grill. "The home of the fish taco". Can you guess what we will be having for lunch???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After several hours in the car we have finally made it to Ft. Lauderdale just in time for happy hour. How's that for perfect timing?

727ad63e8b6163f01555feb87be026f7.jpg

We stopped at Total Wine first to grab a couple bottles of the good bubbly. My first time in this store. I was very impressed with their craft beer selection.

3cdbe28c803c0b56044662aa07e1c336.jpg

af610398aaef97c109f441e4087096c6.jpg

Looking forward to the rest of your review. We are on the 12/17 Western sailing, so very anxious to see the Shows at a Glance, Compasses, and menus.

I don't really have motion sickness problems, but that Harry Potter ride just about killed me. About half way through, I was thinking "This is so awesome!" and "OMG, when is it going to end...I might lose it!"...all at the same time.

We are also on the 12/17 sailing, and are very much looking forward to your postings. Please don't hold it against us but we are from Chicago, the home of THE 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CUBS. Did you purchase any of the drink or wifi packages ?

We are also on the 12/17 sailing, and are very much looking forward to your postings. Please don't hold it against us but we are from Chicago, the home of THE 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CUBS. Did you purchase any of the drink or wifi packages ?

@Mr.Traveler - I will most certainly not hold it against you. Congratulations on the win. [emoji106](throwing up a little in my mouth... maybe it's still the Harry Potter after affects???)[emoji15]

We had originally the premium drink package while it was discounted 20%. Since then Royal redid their drink packages. We believe we will now have the Ultimate Drink Package. But I guess we won't know for sure for another 3 hours. Stay tuned.

Yes, we have purchased the wifi surf and data packages for 2 devices.

We are officially at the port waiting to board the ship. We arrived a few minutes before 10 am. Exactly at 10:00 am they started letting passengers in through the security/metal detectors.

BTW DH had 2 bottles of bubbly in his backpack and they didn't blink twice. I could have probably had two more bottles and they wouldn't have said a word.

Suite entrance outside the terminal.

1770a764b729ec8324b7d98d31f54ee7.jpg

Waiting to walk through security.

a750184954b8dc581e9a62bde6a2328d.jpg

182180677d2f8272237ddc4b0ab71823.jpg

Suite waiting area. When we arrived we were only the second couple here. It has quickly started to fill up.

112d87ad1db8504294addf8c7586ce6d.jpg

3d1733a58c5386b89b6e38bf0c4ba67d.jpg

We onboard now and have already enjoyed our first kummelwick (roast beef) sandwich and adult beverage. Did I mention that two of our goals this week are to eat and drink??! [emoji481][emoji486]

e00285111e186416427a836a149424dd.jpg

bfc02f49d1b1e68116bd97ad6c6f4dc7.jpg

145e4f5877fd4b74bd2359d3ad96caac.jpg

e30249354bb17d8ebd2305b05247d00f.jpg

8f463b5d1e0fe3d91acd5012c27844de.jpg

ac36ab9fc6d33df050393af9a810a8cb.jpg

Received the following email from the concierge last week:

It is our pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Harmony of the Seas We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation

We are Raj and Mohamed, your onboard Concierges. We are available to assist you throughout your cruise vacation from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm daily in the Suite Lounge on Deck 17 Aft.

As a Sky Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard.

For your convenience, here is a brief summary of our services:

· Use of the Suite Lounge located on deck 17 aft.

· A la Carte breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, Check the Daily Compass for the opening hours, (No reservation required)

· Continental Breakfast serve in the lounge. Same hours than the Coastal Kitchen.

· A la carte lunch from 12.00 to 1:30 pm on sea days in Coastal Kitchen, Deck 17, (No reservations required)

· Dinner served in Coastal Kitchen from 06:00 pm to 09:30 pm, Deck 17, (Reservations required)

· Bar service is available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge, serving a wide array of beverages for purchase.

· Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup with a selection of wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom amenities

· Exclusive Reception for Suite guests with Senior Officers. (Invitation will be sent to your suite).

· In Suite Dining. Full Dining Room menu privilege through Room Service, available when the Dining Room is open (For menus, please refer to your stateroom television).

· Priority reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, onboard activities, Shore Excursions, and Vitality Spa services.

· Private sun deck with loungers and cabanas on deck 17 forward.

· Show Reservations are not required for all Sky Suite guests . Please show your Sea Pass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time. For Comedy show tickets, please see your Concierge or reserve now through the Royal IQ App.

· Limited VIP seats for the shows in Royal Theater (First 2 rows center, Deck 5), Studio B (Three front rows on left hand side pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your Sea Pass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.

· Priority departure. Please ask your Concierges for more details.

The Suite Lounge is a private area exclusive for guests staying in the Star Class and Sky Class categories and is accessible 24 hours a day with your SeaPass card.

We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no bathrobes, no swim or pool attire is allowed, and footwear is required at all times). Please be informed that during the cocktail hours on formal nights, shorts, sandals and tank tops are not permitted in the lounge. We encourage all of our Guests to follow the evening dress code reflected on the daily Evening Planner.

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy these exclusive venues, we require that all minors must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

The lounge is designated a smoke-free area. Food and beverages are for consumption within the lounge only.

It would be our pleasure to assist you in any way to make your cruise experience the more enjoyable and wish you an unforgettable time onboard the Harmony of the Seas.

Harmony of the Seas is the newest and largest smart ship in the world. We recommend you download the Royal IQ App before coming onboard in order to have quick and convenient access to the most up to date information regarding daily activities and programming, access to show, dining, and Shore Excursion reservations, account information, chat service, and so much more!

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email us with any questions you may have at the following addresses: hm_concierge01@rccl.com and hm_concierge02@rccl.com

Sincerely,

Raj Bhugwath

Concierge | Harmony of the Seas

hm_concierge02@rccl.com

Does the Harmony provide complimentary beer, wine and soda in the Suite Lounge from 11:30 AM until 11:00 PM as they do on the Oasis and Allure?

Also on our October Oasis cruise the Coastal Kitchen started serving lunch from a menu everyday. Did this also start on the Harmony?

Got it! I will get a picture for you on the first day.

If it isn't in your cabin there will be one right beside Raj and Mohomad's desk in the SL. We too always try to do one cruise without our DS and one with him. Congrats on the GS as well. It will be hard to go back I tell you. ;)

I will be following your live review and you are off to an amazing start!:)

Does the Harmony provide complimentary beer, wine and soda in the Suite Lounge from 11:30 AM until 11:00 PM as they do on the Oasis and Allure?

Also on our October Oasis cruise the Coastal Kitchen started serving lunch from a menu everyday. Did this also start on the Harmony?

Yes the Suite lounge provides complimentary beer, soda and wine from 11 am - 11 pm. They also serve breakfast, lunch & dinner everyday. Although on some port days the lunch has a very short window (12:00 - 1:30).

Here is the breakfast menu.

ba9978f19daf48574d489ca66c2ecf49.jpg

They also have a little area with various items throughout the day (meat, cheese, cookies) Along with a fancy cappuccino machine. They have a little sink to washy, washy next to it. But I didn't see anyone using it. [emoji15]

b1709b2faad57a4af037e13a01edbf62.jpg

I also thought breakfast was available to suites in chops, served with mimosas

I believe that this may be in other ships (or maybe the transatlantic of HOTS because of the number of Pinnacle, D+, etc). Breakfast is only in the Coastal Kitchen for suite guests. They also have complimentary mimosas. [emoji106]

Last night we had an early dinner at Izumi hibachi. As usual it was delicious and entirely too much food. We had great table mates so it made the night that much more fun. That and the two bottles of sake that we shared amongst the table. [emoji479]

DH had lobster and scallops and I had scallops and chicken.

2ac6d69b270f7812e94f2b4dfdd78420.jpg

9c2a9da8b8992efb2a61bc92c3fe3f20.jpg

97e50ae1e399631736606a13ca817897.jpg

5eb32821c404fe00955e4893de8ed2f9.jpg

4fc914769cdbcd916b9bba25a63c8c10.jpg