O life excursions vs private tours

wombatjoey

Yes so that is 3 free tours per person. Would have to arrange some private tours as well. It is the Barcelona to Lisbon itinerary, with Canary Islands.

If you read carefully, you will see that you BOTH get 6 free torus...its NOT 6 split into 3+3, like the OBC Where the 600 OBC is really $300 for each

I say again....the tours are 6 for each

of you

I think I read on one of the posts that you cannot prebook the incuded excursions or you would be charged - that you must wait until you board the ship. Is this correct? Also I booked when the O Choice included 8, not 6. Does this mean we get 8 each or 4 each?

Barbara

Wow 6 each, I thought it was per stateroom.

If you cant prebook them , then how do you know if you need to organize your own?

This is still complicated.

If you organize your own, how easy is it to find others to join you, if most have the O tours included?

I think I read on one of the posts that you cannot prebook the incuded excursions or you would be charged - that you must wait until you board the ship. Is this correct? Also I booked when the O Choice included 8, not 6. Does this mean we get 8 each or 4 each?

Barbara

I just re-read the Terms and Conditions. The free excursions are per stateroom, based on double occupancy, not passenger. Therefore, I believe my 8 free will be four each.

Yes, just called O. If it is 6, it is per stateroom, 3 per person.

The rest is guesswork on my part.

Once the deposit is made, go to MY account and prebook the 3 free shore excursions if they are available. Apparently, you will be charged for them and then at some point it will be free.

If anyone has done this, please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Barbara

The fine print (Bolding is mine)

OLIFE CHOICE AND OLIFE ULTIMATE

*Standard terms apply, in addition: OLife Choice and Olife Ultimate amenities per stateroom, based on double occupancy and subject to change. OLife Choice and Olife Ultimate Free Internet amenity is one per stateroom. Owner’s, Vista & Oceania Suites receive access for two devices persuite. OLife Choice and Olife Ultimate free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Choice, Oceania Exclusive and Executive Collection. Voyages up to 9 days receive 4 free shore excursions per stateroom; 10-13 days receive 6 free shore excursions per stateroom; 14+ days receive 8 free shore excursions per stateroom. If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing. OLife Choice and Olife Ultimate beverage package amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity and amenity must be chosen by final payment. Beginning with the follow voyages: Riviera April 9, 2017; Marina May 1, 2017; Nautica May 4, 2017; Regatta May 10, 2017; Insignia July 6, 2017; Sirena July 7, 2017; OLife Choice and Olife Ultimate offers are subject to change on 1/1/17.

Thank you. Yes I have seen the basic info on the "free" tours. It is not what is the latest that you can book them but the earliest. I will find that out on monday when my dep is made.

My question that remains is, if most have these inclusive tours, how difficult is it to have others join you on a private tour?

There are different O Life offers floating around out there

The best way to know what your offer includes if go the website

scroll down to the bottom

"*View complete terms and conditions associated with this special offer."

click on the link it will tell you what you get with your cruise

It should also be noted on your invoice

If you organize your own, how easy is it to find others to join you, if most have the O tours included?

There are passengers who refuse to take ANY ship's tours. I was planning on some private tours for an April cruise that we ended up cancelling, but people were interested.

You have to book oLife tours in advance. And they don't charge you anything at any time if you take them. If you are booking tours on your own, that's another story.

Thank you. Yes I have seen the basic info on the "free" tours. It is not what is the latest that you can book them but the earliest. I will find that out on monday when my dep is made.

You can book as soon as they are listed for your cruise it may not be until 6 mths out in some cases

My question that remains is, if most have these inclusive tours, how difficult is it to have others join you on a private tour?

We still do Private tours & I am sure many others do as well

Join your roll call & put feelers out for those interested in private

tours

Once the deposit is made, go to MY account and prebook the 3 free shore excursions if they are available. Apparently, you will be charged for them and then at some point it will be free.

We got 5 shore ex.... and it was NOt total...it was 5 shore ex each.... I have never heard them splitting it'''only on the OBC.

AND if you go to log in to the web site... "my booked Cruises" and select your cruise and in the upper right click " Manage My Cruise"

That will take you to a selection bar....dining, tours, all sorts Then go through the shore ex for each port and select what you want. I picked mine some 5 months before the cruise, And then 45 days before ther cruise picked my dinner reservations and 30 days prior picked my liquor package.....and my wife did not. When in Miami and ordering drinks no sales tax.....was ever added to her drinks in a pay by the

There was a discussion about how to book theses online

Ithink you need to provide a credit card when checking out after selecting your free excursions but you are not billed the total in the shopping cart is $0

Or you can call Oceania & they will book the ones you want

We rarely do ship's tours I am sure others will comment on the process

Enjoy

We got 5 shore ex.... and it was NOt total...it was 5 shore ex each.... I have never heard them splitting it'''only on the OBC.

When you booked it may have been PP

The OBC was also PP

Four our April cruise it was PP

Things changed for new offerings to PER CABIN

See post #35

Edited by LHT28

The OBC was also PP

See post #35

Exactly.

The original O Life had Internet, PPG, shorex & OBC (something like that) and was per person. Now it is Internet and one of 3 choices (hence, O Life CHOICE) and the amenities are per cabin not per person - definitely less generous. Also, for our cruise in Oct 2018, O Life has Internet plus 8 shorex/cabin or $800 OBC or drinks package. Cruise only fare saves you only $400/pp - no brainer to take O Life vs cruise only, IMO. 8 shorex at average of $150/excursion are worth $1200 alone (plus Internet)

To OP - the interest in private tours varies by region. In some areas there is not much interest in organizing private tours (Carib) and other places it is very active (Europe, WC). Join your roll call and see how busy it will be.

Edited by Paulchili

The OBC was also PP

See post #35

Boy, I guess things have changed..... does that mean that if one picked the liquor package that only one gets it ? and on the internet that only one gets it?

if the liquor package is per person then that would make it the best buy... I* booked like a month ago cruises in April, May and Dec selected the liquor package and both of us got it for each cruise.

Did not take the OBC because we get O club OBC and grats for our cruises... ( another reason to cruise always onn O)

The OBC was also PP

See post #35

I read it the same wey. All of the new O Life Choice offers are PER CABIN not PP. Has changed since last simmer when they were PP. Also they are giving 3 prices in the booklets. Full price, O Life price and cruise only prices. This is the first time they did this. Just trying to confuse us? Make the cruise look cheaper with nothing included. Have to be more careful. :(:(

Boy, I guess things have changed..... and on the internet that only one gets it?

Yes, things have changed - and they rarely change for the better :D (see my post above).

Internet was always only 1 per cabin (only 1 person online at a time but both people can use it - obviously)

Edited by Paulchili

The OBC was also PP

See post #35

I read it the same way. All of the new O Life Choice offers are PER CABIN not PP. Has changed since last simmer when they were PP. Also they are giving 3 prices in the booklets. Full price, O Life price and cruise only prices. This is the first time they did this. Just trying to confuse us? Make the cruise look cheaper with nothing included. Have to be more careful. :(:(

Yes, things have changed - and they rarely change for the better :D (see my post above).

Internet was always only 1 per cabin (only 1 person online at a time but both people can use it - obviously)

Then that makes the liquor package where each gets it the hands down the best value.... Thats ,assuming you get O club perks for loyality etc... in addition

Edited by Hawaiidan

Then that makes the liquor package where each gets it the hands down the best value.... Thats ,assuming you get O club perks for loyality etc... in addition

But which package is it? Book says the beverage package. Is that the one with wine at lunch and dinner or the full liquor package. anytime, anywhere? I suspect it is the cheaper one. Does anyone know for sure? If it is the cheaper one than it is not such a good deal. Very confusing as I said before

But which package is it? Book says the beverage package. Is that the one with wine at lunch and dinner or the full liquor package. anytime, anywhere? I suspect it is the cheaper one. Does anyone know for sure? If it is the cheaper one than it is not such a good deal. Very confusing as I said before

Yes, it's the cheaper one with wine and beer lunch and dinner. What book is it you are referring to? I realize it's an Oceania booklet, but with 3 a week or more I'm not sure which one.

As Paul stated it's whether the drink package has a value to you, for me it does but it needs upgrading.