Sydney-Hobart, Emerald Princess, questions review to follow

GUT2407

How good was that a close up of the seals.

I spent a week in Alaska and didn't see any.

I should of gone to Oyster Bay to see some.:D

I will have to tell my husband we NEED to book another cruise now.

There is always a good reason for another cruise.;)

Thanks for your updates Gut, hope the ankle is healing.

We eventually received a card re the PES lounge after asking, they said they were running late.

Never had a wait for ATD in Michaelangelo, we got there any time between 7pm and 7.45pm, we started making a booking, but it made no difference, they just ticked your name off.........loads of vacant tables every night, not sure what it was like at 6pm though!!

We also found all public areas crowded on this ship:(

Edited by cheznandy

We eventually received a card re the PES lounge after asking, they said they were running late.

Never had a wait for ATD in Michaelangelo, we got there any time between 7pm and 7.45pm, we started making a booking, but it made no difference, they just ticked your name off.........loads of vacant tables every night, not sure what it was like at 6pm though!!

Same here, on Golden.

We had a permanent booking ATD at 7.15, and we could turn up 7.15/ to 7/45 ,never ever had to wait.

We still don't know if we were ATD or TRad, but we had a time, same table, was all good.

Edited by mrs and mrs

On our recent cruise on the Emerald (UK to Sydney) we went to dinner around 5.45 and never had to wait. We were on ATD in Michaelangelo and didn't book. There were a lot of vacant tables every night.

Same here, on Golden.

We had a permanent booking ATD at 7.15, and we could turn up 7.15/ to 7/45 ,never ever had to wait.

We still don't know if we were ATD or TRad, but we had a time, same table, was all good.

Best of both worlds, eat when you want but still have the same table and waiters.:D

Friday - Hobart

What a glorious day.

A slow trip from Oyster Bay and up for the entry into the Derwent.

Hired a car and drove to Ross via Richmond as Mrs G wanted to visit the Female factory.

Finally I have butted out how they make them. (No wonder my women folk call me a nutter).

We got back to the ship about 6:00 ish, to be frank i was buggered and both my foot and back were killing me. We decided that neither of us felt like dressing for dinner so the Horizontal Court tonight.

Sail away isn't till midnight and while I would love to be awake to watch it, i doubt I will be.

Female factory?? [emoji33]

I'm a little sleep deprived but I could have sworn that was your autocorrect and not my misreading in a haze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A place where Female convicts were sent, mid 1800's

Also known as the Ross Female Factory.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Friday - Hobart

What a glorious day.

Hired a car and drove to Ross via Richmond as Mrs G wanted to visit the Female factory.

Finally I have butted out how they make them. (No wonder my women folk call me a nutter).

We got back to the ship about 6:00 ish, to be frank i was buggered and both my foot and back were killing me. We decided that neither of us felt like dressing for dinner so the Horizontal Court tonight.

Sail away isn't till midnight and while I would love to be awake to watch it, i doubt I will be.

Gut, we visited the Cascade Brewery near the Female Factory on one of our cruises, I had read a book called The Tin Ticket, about the factory and convict women, so would love to do the tour there.

I am now reading the Convicts Daughter based on a true story set in Old Sydney Town......I think I had a past life.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise:)

A place where Female convicts were sent, mid 1800's

Also known as the Ross Female Factory.

There were a few in Tasmania, one in

Parramatta that spring to mind.

Not just convicts either, those who fell pregnant outside the bounds of matrimony too.

Gut, we visited the Cascade Brewery near the Female Factory on one of our cruises, I had read a book called The Tin Ticket, about the factory and convict women, so would love to do the tour there.

I am now reading the Convicts Daughter based on a true story set in Old Sydney Town......I think I had a past life.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise:)

Yep one at Cascade too.

I've always hoped that on a visit to the female factory (regardless which one) that I'd find out how they made females.

Well I have nutted it at last.

You take a bloke...

Remove a few bits, add a couple of bits (really nice bits)

next

Subtract common sense,

Logic

And rational thinking

Most of all temove any sense of humour when a bloke tells a joke.

Friday - Hobart

What a glorious day.

Good to hear you had a great day, too bad you are feeling sore though.

BTW, I think they just order in spare ribs to make more females?:p

Edited by MicCanberra

I've always hoped that on a visit to the female factory (regardless which one) that I'd find out how they made females.

You take a bloke...

next

Subtract common sense,

Logic

And rational thinking

Don't worry GUT, I found it funny.:D

You take a bloke...

next

Subtract common sense,

Logic

And rational thinking

Sounds silly, but I think they can do that.;):eek:;)

You take a bloke...

next

Subtract common sense,

Logic

And rational thinking

My children have assured me that the humour extxtractionfrom jokes is all MY fault. DAD!!!!! :D

Edited by Docker123