On Anthem today 11/20/16

DaisyL

Hi we are looking forward to a cruise on Anthem in January. Can anyone tell us if we are able to prebook the included restaurants ? If so how is best way ?

Which are included & dress codes . Many Thanks Kez 13 :)

Hi we are looking forward to a cruise on Anthem in January. Can anyone tell us if we are able to prebook the included restaurants ? If so how is best way ?

Which are included & dress codes . Many Thanks Kez 13 :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Assuming you have My Time Dining, you should be able to use your Cruise Planner on Royal's website to pick dining times now.

There is no longer a choice of specific restaurant venue, since they all serve the same food from the same menus that change every night.

Linda, someone posted on FB that is was Katrina and Synergy.

We've gone to the Music Hall the first 2 nights about 10:30 until midnight and haven't seen a band. Karaoke then dance music the first night and dance music the second. Tonight is silent music night.

Saw Spectre last night and half our group liked it and the other didn't, very subjective. The lead performer was different this time from our May cruise and I preferred that one but both good.

We saw The Gift and our group really enjoyed it. The storyline is very weak, but the performances, set, special effects and costumes excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Island music with One Love Band in Music Hall tonight 9-9:45, Silent Dance Party 11 to 1am, and Late Night Party with DJ Frantz. Dance music with Katrina Love and Synergy in Boleros from 11 pm - late.

They started decorating the main staircase for Christmas.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner last night. Entrees offered were turkey and mashed potatoes, stuffing, baked ham, lobster tails, filet mignon, plus a few other choices. I had the pumpkin ravioli appetizer, and butternut squash soup. For dessert I had a very good pecan pie and also tried the red velvet cheesecake which is ok.

We stopped at the windjammer before dinner and they offered a huge beautiful dessert display along with traditional thanksgiving menu. It was impressive.

The night before we saw Dancing with the Stripes which we enjoyed. It was silly enough for a few laughs.

We went in the hot tubs in the solarium after dinner last night which was opened until 2 am. They were cleaning the indoor pool area but said it opens at midnight. At least one pool is open 24 hrs.

Four ships in Nassau yesterday, Anthem, Breakaway, carnival Magic and Pride so it was very crowded but we had fun shopping. Stores were decorated for Christmas.

The ship is very crowded but handles it well, very clean and staff very good.

Beautiful day today at sea... We're just relaxing. TTYL

Our last day at sea and it's getting cooler quickly. This morning at 8am it was comfortable out on the balcony but now at 10:30am indoor pool area, I may need a jacket soon. It's very overcast too.

Went in the hot tubs last night in the solarium again at 11pm until midnight. It was more crowded than I thought it would be but 9 were family... Lol.

It's really been a lovely week and although the ship was very crowded, it handled it well and I can certainly cruise again during Thanksgiving week.

I'll add a few more tidbits tomorrow after I get home but if you have any questions, just ask.

The internet worked extremely well this week where as in May it was awful. It kept disconnecting sometimes a very short time after logging on on the last cruise. Very pleased with it this week and glad with the improvements.

As I said earlier, the staircase near music hall was decorated for Christmas and someone saw a box of trees. I guess they'll be decorating soon.

We have the last disembark time, 9am tomorrow, which is 61 of 62. We need to put out bags out in the hall between 8pm and 10pm tonight. That's earlier than May when it was 11 pm.

It's fine with us but I'm glad I saw it already while I went back to the cabin to put warmer clothes on. The ocean is getting choppier and it's very windy out but we're settled nicely in the indoor pool area.

Someone mentioned while speaking to the captain that the ship hit a whale after going under the Varranzano bridge. Maybe that's why the ship stopped moving for ~1.5 hrs near the Jersey Shore.

The local NY news had shown whales in the area the week prior to our cruise and we thought its lucky a ship hadn't hit one. Very sad news indeed.

Apparently, the ship did not hit the whale after we read articles concerning this topic. The whale was definitely spotted in the area of the ship so maybe it slowed down to be cautious ... who knows?

Disembarking seemed to go smoothly when we left the ship about 8:45am. All numbers were called by 8:30am although we had the very last number, 61 estimated at 9am.

This was the first cruise we've been on where people were not rushing to get off. The ship still had a lot of people milling around when we left and all the dining venues had been closed. Everyone was extending time with family over this Thanksgiving cruise.

The line was long through customs but it was moving very quickly. We walked our luggage to the parking garage ourselves rather than standing by the curb and driving the car around. Payment is made before going to your car, at automatic machines to get a ticket stub.

We had a great time and look forward to our cruise next year.

Thanks for your thoughts Daisy. We were on the same cruise (our first on Anthem) so reading your perspective is quite informative. I'm glad we didn't hit a whale. I didn't hear anything about a whale. I didn't even know the ship stopped. I also didn't realize the ship was "packed." It was crowded at times, but pretty much what I was expecting based on reading cruise critic reviews. The ship certainly does handle the crowds well. We also had sailed NCL Breakaway before and that was much much worse.

We had read on CC that disembarkation would be horrific. But we also had a quick exit. We left at 7:15AM to beat the post-Thanksgiving traffic back to Massachusetts and were surprised to get out without much of any wait at all. the line at the ship exit was maybe 3 people long. Customs was practically "a walk on." And we were on our way by 7:40AM. Oh. There was a line for the elevator at the parking garage, but we just took the stairs instead (with bags). I guess other people not rushing was to our benefit. But it seems like all disembarkation went smoothly. My mom left around 8AM and was out in 10 minutes.

We were also on this cruise and had a lovely time. I was a little nervous with all the Anthem-haters, but most of the bad stuff I had heard was unfounded in my opinion. I'll write a review soon too.

There was free arcade time offered (for the general public and then just for teens)

The Flowrider ran when temps were over 10C (about 50F) which for this sailing meant no sessions the first day, nor the second morning, nor the last afternoon. There were some others near those times that baaaarely happened (with lots of teeth chattering--my peeps wore thermal rashers which didn't really touch the hypothermia, but they went anyway cause that's WHY they cruise ;) If we ever cruise from NJ again they'll bring full wetsuits :cool: but I just might not be a NJ sailor...we'll see...)

From the first day cruise compass...

-Is free arcade time being offered?

-Is the flowrider opened even when it is freezing?

Thank you Orsino and PNVT for adding your thoughts.

I certainly agree with you about the crowds on Breakaway which we took the week after Thanksgiving 2 years ago. Never again on that ship.

Glad to hear that the Flowrider was available for those that wanted to use it. It was very cold and windy on the sea days which really limited the time. The Northstar was also closed when the winds were above 60 knots but my family went on when it was 55 knots but enjoyed it.

We had bought the premium drink package prior to the cruise during a sale offer and was upgraded to the deluxe package. We really enjoyed the fresh orange juice and coffee drinks which weren't included before. I'm not sure whether I will get it on my next cruise which is longer. It may just be too much drinking... Lol.

I would certainly go on the Anthem again!