On Anthem today 11/20/16

DaisyL

This is a Thanksgiving cruise that we boarded today. Unfortunately, it's cold outside and we had snow at home this morning, 1-1/2 hour north of Cape Liberty.

Traffic was good driving in and it took about 1/2 hour to drive from the entrance to curbside... 2 hours total.

Right now sitting in the solarium, and the ship isn't moving... Hmmmm.

Anyway, this is our second Anthem cruise this year so it's fun to be on a great ship and know everything already.

So, if you have any questions, just ask. I'll be checking in throughout the cruise. Having a ball already!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is a Thanksgiving cruise that we boarded today. Unfortunately, it's cold outside and we had snow at home this morning, 1-1/2 hour north of Cape Liberty.

Traffic was good driving in and it took about 1/2 hour to drive from the entrance to curbside... 2 hours total.

Anyway, this is our second Anthem cruise this year so it's fun to be on a great ship and know everything already.

So, if you have any questions, just ask. I'll be checking in throughout the cruise. Having a ball already!

That's your top problem? You are on a ship!!!

That's your top problem? You are on a ship!!!

Really! Did I say I had a problem? I'm having a good time. "Get off my phone!" As the saying goes.

Check my posts... I've never been on a cruise I didn't love!

Hope you have a great cruise!

A few questions, as we will be sailing in December:

-What are the final decisions as to the end of the dynamic dining? Beginning next cruise, is Royal Caribbean going to implement the fleet-wide menus, or will the Anthem at least still have some favorites from dynamic dining to keep the dining experience somewhat unique still?

-Is Royal Caribbean still utilizing 270 for the nightclub any nights? We heard good reviews about this but only noticed Music Hall being used in recent sailings?

-Is there anything for the 18-21 age group listed in the compasses (ie - nightly, unhosted meetups)? Hoping to see this, especially for our and other families before/during the holiday season.

-What happened to the tribute bands? Why did Royal Caribbean abruptly cancel this popular and unique entertainment offering on the Anthem?

Thanks again and have a great Thanksgiving cruise.

Airports are a mess right now due to snow/ice across several states. Maybe anthem is waiting for delayed flights. How warm is the atrium with snow outside? Have a GREAt cruise :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, she left on time. According to ********** she's sailed about 72 nm. Hope all is well.

Just got off Anthem today - I can answer your questions about dynamic dining. We talked to someone in charge of dining (didn't catch the name/position) and our head waiter. They are moving to the traditional dining setup as of the cruise on 11/27. The my time dining would be in the 4th floor restaurants (American Icon and Silk). The 3rd floor would be the traditional dining (Chic and The Grande). Menus will be similar to fleet-wide menus. The will some differences due to this sailing from NYC area (as the staff member described it to me, people from the NY metropolitan area are used to four-star restaurants and that is what they need to compete with). I can't tell you specifically if any meals will survive (didn't think about asking that question).

The decor in the four restaurants will not change - just the menus.

Hope you have a great cruise!

A few questions, as we will be sailing in December:

-What are the final decisions as to the end of the dynamic dining? Beginning next cruise, is Royal Caribbean going to implement the fleet-wide menus, or will the Anthem at least still have some favorites from dynamic dining to keep the dining experience somewhat unique still?

-Is Royal Caribbean still utilizing 270 for the nightclub any nights? We heard good reviews about this but only noticed Music Hall being used in recent sailings?

-Is there anything for the 18-21 age group listed in the compasses (ie - nightly, unhosted meetups)? Hoping to see this, especially for our and other families before/during the holiday season.

-What happened to the tribute bands? Why did Royal Caribbean abruptly cancel this popular and unique entertainment offering on the Anthem?

Thanks again and have a great Thanksgiving cruise.

No, she left on time. According to ********** she's sailed about 72 nm. Hope all is well.

Yes, as shown on the NY harbor webcam Anthem was sailing out under the Verrazano Narrows bridge at around 3:30pm this afternoon. Maybe The ship slowed down greatly outside NY harbor for some reason. About an hour ago, according to Marine Traffic, Anthem was doing 19 knots just off the coast from where Atlantic City is. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=398668&d=1479696153

AnthemNov20webcam.jpg.d0ab23b616b241c337facaca33e0c83d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Enjoy!! Will be following your review!! I have two NCL and one CCL boomed from now through February 2018 but thinking Anthem or Oasis for summer 2018. We live in NY so Manhattan or NJ is wonderful port for us but have been wanting to do Oasis since it first came out. NCL prices keep winning though with free drinks and dining. Althougj we did do the Independance last NYE and had a BLAST!

Enjoy and cant wait to read more and hopefully see some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by js

I could see the ship from my balcony at the Jersey Shore at around 5:30. When I was watching it I thought it was my imagination that it wasn't moving.

It was in view for quite awhile.

The decor in the four restaurants will not change - just the menus.

I wish that they would change the decor a bit in American Icon. We will have My Time in January 2017. I remember a picture of NYC in the restaurant and I was happy that I was not eating there every evening last January. Food wasn't the issue. It was the constant reminder of what I trying to escape "greeting me" every time I walked into the restaurant.

Is the ship passing the Statue of Liberty? Also, do balcony cabins have a table?I'm enquiring because we'll be on the Anthem in January.

Hello

You can see the statue of Liberty but it's not close to the ship, sailing under the Verrazano bridge is a great experience. As for the balcony table, we had a small table to just rest a cup/glass on and 2 chairs on our balcony although there are some bigger ones depending on category and location on ship that would have a larger table and maybe even loungers.

Hope this helps.

Can you confirm that Windjammer has a 24-hour station called The Grill and that it is open now ?

I have not heard that and I'm interested in knowing the answer. I didn't think any Windjammer was open after dinner.

I have not heard that and I'm interested in knowing the answer. I didn't think any Windjammer was open after dinner.

My recollection is that there was a section of WJ that initially was open 24 hours, but that was discontinued.

I could see the ship from my balcony at the Jersey Shore at around 5:30. When I was watching it I thought it was my imagination that it wasn't moving.

It was in view for quite awhile.

It wasn't your imagination... We sat off the NJ coast for quite a while after leaving on time. When we left the dining room at 10:30, we noticed the ship was moving fast.

Also, at some point in the afternoon they were not allowing anyone to go out on the decks.

It was never explained to us why we weren't moving for that time period.

Airports are a mess right now due to snow/ice across several states. Maybe anthem is waiting for delayed flights. How warm is the atrium with snow outside? Have a GREAt cruise :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the atrium is, but the solarium was comfortable, almost cool unlike in May when it was very hot in there... I'll let you know how it is when we get to warmer weather.

Also, the indoor pool area is very cool too.