Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals?

CeleBrat

I see no deals. #Disappointed

We might on Monday. Our PVP posted on the site that shall not be named that the offices are closed today. (NCL is running a $49 PP deposit right now and I'd be very surprised if CCL didn't follow suit.)

Edited by sparks1093

Never understood how lower deposit made a cruise a deal.

I understand it helps if you are tight cash now

Seems like you actually understand pretty well. Promotions aren't actually sales all the time, so you don't always get a total savings, but promos drive people towards bookings and it's a lot easier to decide to spend $50 per person on a whim versus hundreds per person. Carnival gets a small amount of $ now, and they have taken bookings for the future.

It does help to know the total of a cruise a year away, make a small payment now, and budget out the balance for when it is due.

So it can really be a great "deal" for many and a deal doesn't have to be a lower price, just an easier to manage bill.

These sort of promos are usually tied to Early Saver fares, so any changes require the full deposit, or you can be out fees if you cancel. Need to really read the fine print. I've never chosen reduced deposit because of the stipulations that come with it, but I totally get why people love it and it works for them.

Never understood how lower deposit made a cruise a deal. I understand it helps if you are tight cash now but if it's same price overall there's no savings.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Agree, it is not a true sale. The cruise lines are good at marketing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never understood how lower deposit made a cruise a deal. I understand it helps if you are tight cash now but if it's same price overall there's no savings.

It totally makes a deal for me. I am keeping my eye on a March 2018 cruise, and putting down a $200 deposit for our family of 4 versus a $1000 deposit is much more manageable at this time, with Christmas quickly approaching.

Fingers crossed...

CeleBrat

It makes senses unless a reduced deposit only applies to ES. Lot of people want to block a future cruise and take their time to think it over.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed! I received 3 emails in the days before Thanksgiving, building up the sale. One of them even had a link that showed examples of last years sales, which looked great. So far, in 2 days this year, it has been the same thing. Reduced fares and $50 on board credit...and it is only on sailings up to May 2017!! Really hoping Carnival decides to go a little bigger for Cyber Monday!

When the low deposit promos come out - especially the $49 and $99 deposits, folks jump on it and book multiple cruises.

These are all ES/non-refundable deposits.

And.. after thinking it over, checking the vacation budget and work/school schedules, lots of people end up cancelling.

BIG win for Carnival who gets to keep all these deposits and re-sell these same cabins to other people.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed! I received 3 emails in the days before Thanksgiving, building up the sale. One of them even had a link that showed examples of last years sales, which looked great. So far, in 2 days this year, it has been the same thing. Reduced fares and $50 on board credit...and it is only on sailings up to May 2017!! Really hoping Carnival decides to go a little bigger for Cyber Monday!

We were able to book at reduced deposit with the $50 OBC for a cruise in Dec. 2017, well past May, so check that again if you are looking for a later date. And yes, they are ES but we're fine with that.

I am having some trouble with this actually. Our postcard says 2-cat upgrade for $1, 20% off with early saver rates, up to $50 to spend on board, 50% off deposit. On the web site, I found the price code but do not see a 20% off rate - it is $39 less than Weds. I have been on the phone now for 47 minutes and am not getting an answer. Also they denied sending any postcards with 20% off on them - yet they did!! I offered to email or fax it to them and they said no, the discounts are built in? Is anyone else having this issue?

This year's BF/CM sale is a bust. Unlike last year with many sweet deals, no cruise line broke rank and offers any big sale this year.

k

Like.

The cruise lines aren't providing any service to you until you board so whatever they can drag out of you in terms of up front payment is gravy. But if they can get the entire cruise price from you, that's double gravy

Carnival's Cyber Monday deal is live, and as a public service, I present some of the details. Try not to kill the messenger, OK? :)

It's 50% off deposits, upgrade for $1 more, and upgrade + OBC for $2 more. Good today only. The cruises I have booked didn't change price, but YMMV. This one isn't worth getting out of bed for, IMHO, but if you're up anyway, might as well check it out.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

Carnival's Cyber Monday deal is live, and as a public service, I present some of the details. Try not to kill the messenger, OK? :)

It's 50% off deposits, upgrade for $1 more, and upgrade + OBC for $2 more. Good today only. The cruises I have booked didn't change price, but YMMV. This one isn't worth getting out of bed for, IMHO, but if you're up anyway, might as well check it out.

Good thing I did not put on my jumping shoes because I wouldn't be using them.