ms Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away - November 27, 2016

Boytjie

Carole,

With the PTZ Premium, is there only one sound control for both the mic and VHF on the PE webcam? There are two on my iPad but I can only find one on my laptop.

Yes, only one, but if you push the slide all the way to '0', the radio stays on unless you use the mute icon; then both turn off. I haven't figured out how to have the microphone only without the radio.

I use the PEV for both sounds and mute or send the slide to '0' on the other FLL cameras to stop the feedback.

Edited by Happily@Sea

Yes, only one, but if you push the slide all the way to '0', the radio stays on unless you use the mute icon; then both turn off. I haven't figured out how to have the microphone only without the radio.

I use the PEV for both sounds and mute or send the slide to '0' on the other FLL cameras.

Was the upgrade worth it Carole? Differences? Thanks :)

Was the upgrade worth it Carole? Differences? Thanks :)

I like it because of the full-screen option. Also there are also two normal screen-size views at all times in the standard setup, handy when two DAM ships are leaving from different ports at same time.

I have no life when I'm not cruising or watching volleyball [ends mid-December), so I really appreciate the options. :D :p :D

No ads and no refreshing the screen is nice too.

Like I told Kathi, there appears no way to have just the microphone on PEV without the radio.

Edited by Happily@Sea

I use the PEV for both sounds and mute or send the slide to '0' on the other FLL cameras to stop the feedback.[/quote

Before the Premium PTZ, the PE camera had microphone sound on the left channel and VHF radio on right channel. It appears that they are mixed now and cannot be separated. I just checked in on the free camera and Premium...

Thanks, Carole. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I have PE on the top screen and FLL on the bottom. I finally figured out to push the slide to 0 on FLL.

Jacqui, I have only had the Premium for three hours but it sure is nice not to have to be constantly refreshing. I like to leave the webcam up on my laptop all afternoon before a sail-away and that every half hour freezing was driving me nuts. With a sale price of $10/month plus a free trial month, I couldn't resist giving myself an early Christmas present.:)

Thanks, Carole. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I have PE on the top screen and FLL on the bottom. I finally figured out to push the slide to 0 on FLL.

I've only had mine for about a month, but there hasn't been that many sailaways to learn all the ins & outs.

I also like I can have two views open and the sailaway thread open next to it in another window.

Carole

Hi, Barbara! How are you? Any cruises planned?

HI Kathi! We are trudging thru as usual. No cruises planned as of yet, but looking at 2018 for something! It sounds like a great time for you coming on the Amsterdam, are you excited? :)

Also, can you tell me which cam I need to have turned on to hear the tooting...missed it the other week?

Edited by alibabacruisers

HI Kathi! We are trudging thru as usual. No cruises planned as of yet, but looking at 2018 for something! It sounds like a great time for you coming on the Amsterdam, are you excited? :)

A whole year more of excitement! We do have a great roll call with over 150 people already signed up. Many of them do the WV every year! Now if I could just win a few million dollars, I would be doing the same!;)

A whole year more of excitement! We do have a great roll call with over 150 people already signed up. Many of them do the WV every year! Now if I could just win a few million dollars, I would be doing the same!;)

I am excited for you too! Yes, that would be soooo lovely to be able to do a yearly WV!