Curious about Equinox - no Promo

njaloha

Question - Why isn't there a Go Big, Better, Best promo for the Equinox sailings? I was going to book October 2017 and realized the suite price doesn't include the GO BEST. :( Wondered if there was a reason or a method to X madness. :rolleyes:

Question - Why isn't there a Go Big, Better, Best promo for the Equinox sailings? I was going to book October 2017 and realized the suite price doesn't include the GO BEST. :( Wondered if there was a reason or a method to X madness. :rolleyes:

which sailing?

which sailing?

10-night Southern Caribbean (KW, GC, ABC) - all four dates 5/5, 9/15, 10/6, 10/27

11-night Southern Caribbean - all dates

9-night Memorial Day

The shorter 7-nights cruises look like they have the promo offered. Just looked at a few.

10-night Southern Caribbean (KW, GC, ABC) - all four dates 5/5, 9/15, 10/6, 10/27

11-night Southern Caribbean - all dates

9-night Memorial Day

The shorter 7-nights cruises look like they have the promo offered. Just looked at a few.

We booked the 10/6 sailing back in mid August and got the Go Best promo along with a very low price, as well as Additional loyalty discount, along with Other extras, but they yanked that deal off the table earlier than the previously indicated book-by date of August 29 due to it being capacity controlled and that they were selling lots of cabins.

Immediately after we booked, the prices increased substantially and the go Best deal wasn't being offered anymore. That is not to say that it won't be offered in the future, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I think the website is butting heads with itself and can't decipher which promo you're trying to book with...

They don't reference any perks in the fine print on their website for the 10/11 day cruises.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Caribbean/Special_Offers/16054130_CEL_EQ_Fall_LongCaribbean_LoyaltySavings.pdf

But if you go to the November Offers that expire 11/30, there is a link to a spreadsheet that does include 10/2017 sailings.

We booked the 10/6 sailing back in mid August and got the Go Best promo along with a very low price, as well as Additional loyalty discount, along with Other extras, but they yanked that deal off the table earlier than the previously indicated book-by date of August 29 due to it being capacity controlled and that they were selling lots of cabins.

Immediately after we booked, the prices increased substantially and the go Best deal wasn't being offered anymore. That is not to say that it won't be offered in the future, however.

That is as I suspected. Unfortunately for me. Fortunate that you were able to get such a great deal.

I think the website is butting heads with itself and can't decipher which promo you're trying to book with...

They don't reference any perks in the fine print on their website for the 10/11 day cruises.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Caribbean/Special_Offers/16054130_CEL_EQ_Fall_LongCaribbean_LoyaltySavings.pdf

But if you go to the November Offers that expire 11/30, there is a link to a spreadsheet that does include 10/2017 sailings.

I think it's a weird glitch. I booked the 16NOV17 sailing a week ago and when my travel agent confirmed everything the Celebrity rep asked which perk we'd like with Go Big....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Thank you. I wasn't going to book but now.......

Here's what I found out....

Resident Rate applies on the 10/6/17 sailing and is not combinable with the Go Big, Better, Best promo according to TA website :(

I just went onto a cruise web site and did a mock booking and go Best is offered, but they don't refer to it as "go best" and the price is $1,000 more than when we booked in August.

I just went onto a cruise web site and did a mock booking and go Best is offered, but they don't refer to it as "go best" and the price is $1,000 more than when we booked in August.

DANG! That's harsh. But that's why it's good to book super early. I'm waiting and checking waiting and checking for those new itineraries. Any day now!!!!.

Resident Rate applies on the 10/6/17 sailing and is not combinable with the Go Big, Better, Best promo according to TA website :(

Resident and Senior discounts are not combinable with Big/Better/Best on any sailing. You can call and ask for pricing without those discounts and with B/B/B instead and compare to see what works for you.

Call celebrity or your TA! I thought the GO Best wasn't offered, but when I called they said it is available! It does not show up on the website!

Agreed, talk with either Celebrity or your TA, we recently decided to upgrade from the Go Better to the Go Best promo package on our existing booking. Very straight forward and the call probably took less than 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP was asking about suite perks. We booked a CS on the Equinox on 8/22/16 for the 10/16/17 sailing which included the Go Best. The price actually dropped for us $200 pp on 11/1/16 and is still the same as of today. We contacted our TA and got the lower price and the Go Best is still included. According to X website all "suites" sailing to almost everywhere through April 2018 get the Go Best (all 4 perks) but the current offer says if booked from Nov 1 to Nov 30, 2016. Here is the link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suites-offer

You may want to hurry as no one knows what will happen with the next promo. Good luck!

DANG! That's harsh. But that's why it's good to book super early. I'm waiting and checking waiting and checking for those new itineraries. Any day now!!!!.

I dunno about super early. Sometimes the rates only rise, but sometimes there are even better rates to be had by waiting. We did not book our typical Christmas cruise on the Eclipse this year because the prices were outrageously high, but out of nowhere this month, the rate for an Aqua guarantee dropped to about I/3 of the most recent A1. Very briefly then offer disappeared. We grabbed it and were assigned an A1. On the preceding cruise a CS is now only $600 or 700 higher than the S1 we booked on board back in January. Ya never know. And then OBCs and promotions make it more complicated

My rule of thumb is if it's a can't miss it cruise, book early. If it's a ho-hummer, wait until final payment and hope for the best. Most of our cruises fall into the latter category

I dunno about super early. Sometimes the rates only rise, but sometimes there are even better rates to be had by waiting.

For those that don't like the idea of chancing room assignment going with a guaranteed room booking, and you're dealing with a reputable TA or the cruise line directly there is no danger in booking early. A simple call will get you the lower price. We wanted a specific location so we booked 15 months early and saw prices jump by more than $2k the following week. A week after that the price dropped $800 below what we booked and a simple call adjusted it for us in less than 5 minutes. Keeping an eye on price after booking is no different than watching it beforehand.

Edited by cdn_tbird

We booked early for a June 2018 cruise on Equinox and received all four perks, which made this cruise an incredible bargain. It has gone up in price since then and the four perks aren't being offered...at least for now, so we feel very fortunate. Just lucky timing.

For those that don't like the idea of chancing room assignment going with a guaranteed room booking, and you're dealing with a reputable TA or the cruise line directly there is no danger in booking early. A simple call will get you the lower price. We wanted a specific location so we booked 15 months early and saw prices jump by more than $2k the following week. A week after that the price dropped $800 below what we booked and a simple call adjusted it for us in less than 5 minutes. Keeping an eye on price after booking is no different than watching it beforehand.

This is true before final payment, but post final payment the cruise line is under no obligation to honor a lower price

I thought I was a pretty savvy customer but once again Cruise Critic pax taught me a thing or two through this thread about booking cruises.

Very valuable information and I thank you all.

Here's what happened....determined to book a cruise for this $25 deposit offer, I compared Anthem of the Seas to Summit. I found that the Summit S2 in August was a better deal with the GO BEST than the Anthem 5 night in October in a Spa Jr Suite.

DH said pull the trigger on the Anthem because it's only 5 nights, no flight needed, only 3 days off work, like a little mini vacation, until I showed him how much it would cost after I added a beverage package, internets (can't stay off), gratuities and no OBC. And then, I showed him the price on the Summit with the GO BEST, reminded him that the Anthem doesn't have Luminae, shared with him the difference in ship size and he said go with the Summit, no bumper cars!!! :rolleyes:

So we opted for a cruise out of Bayonne at the end of August instead of a 10-night on the Equinox in October. This is good. We don't have to fly. We've never been to Bermuda. Here's hoping for a cool summer. :cool: But hey, Aruba in October nearly melted me this past October.

You can choose either the Resident Rate or the Promo, whatever works best. Cannot combine the two.

We booked the 10/27 the first day it was offered with the promo. That rate with the perks cannot be beat. We also booked a 7 night for June, where the resident rate was just too good to pass up so we chose to go with that and not get the perks on that shorter cruise. So whatever works for you, you pick.