What is on you cruise bucket list (itenerary) and why?

tallylass2

I'm researching for our next cruises and wanting to think beyond traditional Bahamas and Eastern and Western Caribbean iteneraries.

In order of likely to do

Sydney-Hawaii return (35 nights)

Circle Pacific (75)

World Cruise (105)

Lot depends on length of Cruise you can do.

Some of our favorites have been RT Bermuda ( May-September)(7 days- 3x), The Baltics with two days in St Petersburg (12 days), Panama Canal Full Transit(14-15 days), 10 Days around French Polynesia, and our RT 28 day Hawaii, Samoa, French Polynesia, out of LA. French Polynesia is at the Top of the list by far.

We also love Transatlantics, but you have to like Sea Days. Same with the 28 Day FP Cruise which had 18 of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by dennbr9

What about Alaska?

• meet the glaciers
  • they welcome the US dollar
  • low terrorism threat
  • Zika free mosquito's
  • Gold Rush history
  • humpback whales
  • Red Onion
  • cooler than the rest of the US in the summer
  • midnight sun

958660_original.jpg

I'd really like to do a transatlantic but having to pick between the Azores stop or the Canary Islands stop would be really difficult for me, because I want to go to both... A lot.

Would also love to do the RCCL in northern Europe that goes to Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, and has a *three-day* stop in St Petersburg, Russia (vs the "regular" 2 day)

For my birthday, in 2018 I have already booked a cruise that will help me tick off a few bucket list items! :D

Expanding horizons for cruising

We loved these itineraries:

Norwegian coast, up and around the top, above Arctic Circle- particularly beautiful mid-June thru end of July when sun is up so long.

Singapore to Hong Kong, with Bangkok and 3 ports in Viet Nam.

Dublin to Edinborouh.

Montreal to NYC - or Boston - particularly lovely late summer and through Early October.

Galapagos .... and add some time on Amazon and in Peru.

River cruising - will seem expensive compared to ocean cruising but look at all that is included;

So many destinations, so little time and money! Just spread your horizons abit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I emptied my bucket two years ago going on a world cruise. I had to sell the bucket to help pay for the trip. :D

Don

Wow! Where do I get one of these buckets... I think I'd have to sell some organs ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I emptied my bucket two years ago going on a world cruise. I had to sell the bucket to help pay for the trip. :D

Don

:D Love it!

We have done our world cruise section by section. :)

The only section left is Asia but not sure I can get DH to get excited about that since he has already been to a lot of Asia for work.

The small Adonia (an "R" ship) has just been dropped from Carnival's Fathom line and returns to the UK, where a quick new itinerary has had to be made for her first few weeks. She will return to being an adult only ship.

One of the new ones, in June, takes in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and various Scottish islands, and Iceland.

This would be my absolute bucket cruise, but we've already booked five weeks sailing between January and September, and can't really think of going on more... :(