Which dock does Celebrity use in St. Thomas now?

IrieMRP

This website showed Equinox being there on11/21. We docked at Crown Bay.

That doesn't surprise me.

Last time we were in St Thomas, the night before we arrived we were told we would dock at Crown Bay, woke up and were were docked in Havensight!

We are in St. Thomas right now and we are docked at Crown Bay. With us are the Allure of the Sea, Eclypse, and Niew Amsterdam.

It's not showing any ships in port on St.Thomas today. That's how accurate the websites are. It shows several ships in on the 7th and the summit in on the 9th. Ugh.

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/transportation/cruise-ship-arrivals.html

http://www.**********/cruise/ship-schedule/

We are in St. Thomas right now and we are docked at Crown Bay. With us are the Allure of the Sea, Eclypse, and Niew Amsterdam.

Were there enough taxis, shuttles etc to handle all? Sounds like alot of ships and passengers...

For many years that Celebrity docks at Crown Bay. In fact, never, ever seen any Celebrity ship docked at Havensight ... BUT, if that happens, do not be disappointed. Havensight is closer to Charlotte Amalie and a much, much more pleasant walk.

../quote]

We have been on Celebrity probably 10 times to St Thomas over the past 12 years or so...we have docked in Crown Bay only 1 time.

I really don't like the move to Crown Bay...we always rent a car from Budget and they are right next to the ship when docking at havensight....that is really convenient.

We are back there on Dec. 30th with a car reserved...If dock at Crown bay (and from all indications we will, despite what others are saying shouldn't happen until jan 1), we will prob just stay on ship and relax for the day.

Same here...cruise celebrity exclusively and have been to st. Thomas more times than I can remember and count and we never stopped at crown bay...always at havensight.

I am not thrilled with the change at all.

Thank you for the tips lvz2cruz and D-Portman!

In regards to St. John, I think we are going to give that a skip this time due to the fact that we are the only ship docked in St. Thomas, which is rarely the case! If there were more ships in port we would definitely consider "escaping" to St. John! :) We have been to St. John on a land vacation and it is lovely however!

Celebrity now offers a tour - "St. John On Your Own" for $39.00 this is a private ferry to St. John and you get 4 hours on the Island total tour time is 6.5 hours. We love St John and may do this in April. You can rent a Jeep and explore the beach's on your own. My wife loves to shop in town and loves Coki beach so I will have to talk her into this. Staying on the ship in Port is just not something we would never do it's to hot on board with no breeze.:eek: Are you sure ...only one ship in St Thomas never every seen this!! That would be so nice!!!

Edited by southernbreezes

only one ship in St Thomas never every seen this!! That would be so nice!!!

I'm pretty sure the Summit was the only ship there Friday Dec 2. I checked the websites, and I didn't see any other ships when we took a taxi to and from Red Hook.

• 2 weeks later...
We docked at Havensight on the Summit in 2014, and at Crown Bay last week. My understanding from others on our cruise is that all Celebrity and RCL ships now use Crown Bay. The shopping was much better at Havensight. But as far as going to beaches, it doesn't matter much. They both are on the south side of the island about 10-15 minutes apart. We are off the ship at 8 am and make the 9 am ferry to St. John - both from Havensignt and from Crown Bay. There are plenty of taxis to take you to beaches from either dock.

I received an email stating all Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships will now dock at Crown Bay. Also got a letter from our jeweler Glitters, at Havensight, saying that they will supply all their Royal and Celebrity customers, a free shuttle, to their store and back again.

We are on Royal's Grandeur of the Sea right now and when we got to St Thomas, our first stop after leaving Baltimore, we anchored and tendered into downtown St. Thomas. Too many ships in port (6). I guess since we were the smallest ship, we were chosen for the tendering. They used the lifeboats as tenders. Was one of the very few times any ship had to tender into St Thomas.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums