Thoughts on FOS

doones2

Sailed on FOS 11/26-12/4. Just a few thoughts and observations. The trip was wonderful and the staff on board are great. The food in the MDR was lousy. We ate there once. Rest of the cruise we ate dinner at Chops twice, Giovanni's twice and we found the Windjammer to be better than MDR. Johnny Rockets has great burgers and fries. The entertainment was first rate and not to be missed. One thing I did notice was I never saw so many drunks. Hey I love a few cocktails and glasses of wine, but I truly believe that some people on the drink package, obviously want to get their moneys worth. I am hoping that rccl will do something about their food in the mdr, because I really love cruising with them.

We were on that same cruise. For the most part same thoughts entrainment was second to none cruise director casey was great. Food ate 4 times nothing write home about, chops was good. Windjammer fits the bill people jammer. Drunks seen some entertaining things sure it was the same groupsize you noticed. Best part was the weather could not ask for better weather. Overall it was a great vacation

Sailed on FOS 11/26-12/4. Just a few thoughts and observations. The trip was wonderful and the staff on board are great. The food in the MDR was lousy. We ate there once. Rest of the cruise we ate dinner at Chops twice, Giovanni's twice and we found the Windjammer to be better than MDR. Johnny Rockets has great burgers and fries. The entertainment was first rate and not to be missed. One thing I did notice was I never saw so many drunks. Hey I love a few cocktails and glasses of wine, but I truly believe that some people on the drink package, obviously want to get their moneys worth. I am hoping that rccl will do something about their food in the mdr, because I really love cruising with them.

Let's see -- you ate in the MDR just once, and you say the food in the MDR is lousy. What about all the other days of the cruise? Oh, you ate somewhere else, so how can you intelligently evaluate the food in the MDR other than "one day"? :rolleyes:

We have felt the MDR food has been going downhill for some time.

Let's see -- you ate in the MDR just once, and you say the food in the MDR is lousy. What about all the other days of the cruise? Oh, you ate somewhere else, so how can you intelligently evaluate the food in the MDR other than "one day"? :rolleyes:
I was thinking exactly the same thing, one day so the food was lousy, oh boy!....K.O.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, one day so the food was lousy, oh boy!....K.O.

One dish on one day was lousy! ;) Though I do tend to agree with the MDR being on a current downhill trend. I can't remember a single thing I had on Majesty last October except the dinner at John Rockets.

The last time I was on Freedom, I ate in the MDR 5 out of 7 nights. The food, IMHO, IS lousy for the most part :o I also agree with the OP in that we found the Windjammer to be better. Our experiences in the MDR were much worse than when we were on the same ship 3 years prior in both food and service. Its no hidden secret that MDR food has been going downhill in quality for a while now.

Edited by ryano