Robes for Inside?

lb0456

We will be in Inside cabin for this cruise. Have never done inside before. We will be in the Sky. Can I request a robe for inside cabin?

You can request one but there is no guarantee you'll get one since they are for higher category cabins. But your cabin steward might be able to find one. If so I'd give him a nice tip for doing that.

You can request one but there is no guarantee you'll get one since they are for higher category cabins. But your cabin steward might be able to find one. If so I'd give him a nice tip for doing that.

I definitely agree, especially on the "tip"[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh em geeee!!!! I'm seeing more and more why I know I will stay with Carnival. Each stateroom gets 2 robes!!! If you have 4 people on that room then they make sure there are 4 robes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah. I cruise for the robe.

Not.

I don't cruise for the robe by any means but it is actually disappointing to know i won't get a robe. I take quite some time to get ready and its nice to not have to sit around naked in my room while i am doing my hair and make up. A bit cheap really.

Don't think I have ever used or wanted the robe, weirdos me out too much that somebody else has been in it haha... I know it's been washed but still!!

Hate to tell you this then, but someone has slept in those sheets and used the towels in your room too :D

I don't cruise for the robe by any means but it is actually disappointing to know i won't get a robe. I take quite some time to get ready and its nice to not have to sit around naked in my room while i am doing my hair and make up. A bit cheap really.

Here's a thought... bring your own.

A thin robe or muumu or caftan does not take up much room in your luggage.

That is what I always pack. No reason for you to be naked just because you don't get a ship's robe.

Edited by NMLady

A chemise type nightgown or robe takes up no room in a suitcase. Also, I've never had an issue getting a robe. :rolleyes:

I like the thick cotton robes the ship provides, since I always find the cabin (and all hotel rooms) a bit chilly. Those take up space! I'm a heavy packer so I need all the space I can get. First time we sailed the Sky we had a balcony and got robes. Second time in the OV cabin we assume we'd get them and then were told no. We thought it was like Princess who gives robes to everyone. That was a few years back, maybe they've changed their policy.

I like the thick cotton robes the ship provides, since I always find the cabin (and all hotel rooms) a bit chilly. Those take up space! I'm a heavy packer so I need all the space I can get. First time we sailed the Sky we had a balcony and got robes. Second time in the OV cabin we assume we'd get them and then were told no. We thought it was like Princess who gives robes to everyone. That was a few years back, maybe they've changed their policy.

I like a thick cotton robe as well for warmth at home where my landlord controls my thermostat. Every cruise and most hotels I've ever been to allow me to set it as I please.

Have had cabins and suites all over the world, both on land and on cruises - Robes are great for breakfast outside/on the balcony -But for "hair and make up" - nothing beats a pool towel wrap - just ask your cabin steward for spares - easy - problem solved.

Note to the couple on the Jade Transatlantic who dined in their robes most lunchtimes in the buffet - "DONT!" (we all cringed - every - single - one of us!) :eek:

Oh and PS before someone says it - no - they didn't lose their luggage - I saw them one morning having breakfast in the MDR dressed - they just seemed to "hang out" in their robes ... WHY???

Who knows - each to their own!

Edited by Blondie008

Which robes are you getting in cabin? I've always been given those thin waffle robes. Maybe you are in the haven?:)

Which robes are you getting in cabin? I've always been given those thin waffle robes. Maybe you are in the haven?:)

The Haven? I wish! No I've never had the luxury of the Haven. I guess to me the waffle cotton robes are much thicker than what I use at home, which is a thin silk robe, providing no warmth whatsoever. At home it's always warm so I'm fine. When I travel, the BF and I don't agree on the thermostat and I always lose that battle, thereby needing a robe to stay toasty.