No more Oceania cruises for me

English Tim

Well I enjoy both, land or sea. We've just booked a trip to Hawaii and looking forward to a great trip. We'll stay in one hotel and one island, just unpack once-and that's why I like cruising-unpack once. Since we retired now, all trips are about relaxing and only a little wanting to see something.

Rick

Well I enjoy both, land or sea. We've just booked a trip to Hawaii and looking forward to a great trip. We'll stay in one hotel and one island, just unpack once-and that's why I like cruising-unpack once. Since we retired now, all trips are about relaxing and only a little wanting to see something.

Rick

congrats on your retirement and keep having fun and cruises!:)

Been there often - actually paid for part of grad school with an alpine skiing tour business I had that took clients primarily throughout the Tyrol. Certainly some beautiful geography. But, in all honesty, when it comes to mountain panoramas, I'd opt for the Sierra Nevada here in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, but then you step indoors and you're in the uninteresting culture of Northern California.:p

BTW...for scenery, one could make an arguement that the Canadian Rockies beat anything in the lower 48.

Yes, but then you step indoors and you're in the uninteresting culture of Northern California.:p

BTW...for scenery, one could make an arguement that the Canadian Rockies beat anything in the lower 48.

No comment on the culture of N calif.....

But for mountain scenery I vote Zermatt in Switzerland and the North Cascades from Mt Adams to Mt Baker.... in Washington Cerro Torre in Patagonia , and Sawtooth Ridge in the Sierra out of Bridgeport ca.

Hawaiidan - I am delighted to read that you think Zermatt's scenery is wonderful - it certainly is!! But I think you need to take a refresher course on German. That, of course, won't help you in Zermatt!!

Seriously though! have a very happy 2017... whether on a ship or in the alps!

Clarification - Dan lives in the undeniably "uninteresting culture of SOUTHERN California" - which is a very different world from MY "very interesting and vibrant culture of NORTHERN California" - a local rivalry thing (like Michigan & Michigan State or Michigan and Ohio State) :D :D

Clarification - Dan lives in the undeniably "uninteresting culture of SOUTHERN California" - which is a very different world from MY "very interesting and vibrant culture of NORTHERN California" - a local rivalry thing (like Michigan & Michigan State or Michigan and Ohio State) :D :D

I was born and raised in Michigan....understand this fully LOL! I did leave those dreary, gray skies for a ski resort rated #1 for beauty in CO. In the Winter, my ski home is at 9500 feet, no car necessary because I use a Gondola to shop, dentist, mail, etc.

I was born and raised in Michigan....understand this fully LOL! I did leave those dreary, gray skies for a ski resort rated #1 for beauty in CO. In the Winter, my ski home is at 9500 feet, no car necessary because I use a Gondola to shop, dentist, mail, etc.

LOL...know what you mean! But, there is an upside. When you travel, the impact of the beauty and culture is even more profound.:)