No more Oceania cruises for me

English Tim

LOL - I get O brochures almost daily which is OK by me and have asked repeatedly for emails but have yet to receive one in 10+ years of sailing with them.

Yes a running joke here

When DH goes to check the mailbox his question is "how many Oceania brochures today"

Some days none some days we get 2 one day it was 3

you just never know

Maybe I should start collecting them :D

Yesterday was 2 O & 1 Regent

waiting for today's ;)

Edited by LHT28

:mad: I have unsubscribed from the email list several times, yet O don't take any notice.

You've upset me so much, you're binned.

Tim,

Just change your email address. If the regular mail is bothersome you could move and not leave a forwarding address.

Yes, I'm having a slow day...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tim,

Just change your email address. If the regular mail is bothersome you could move and not leave a forwarding address.

Yes, I'm having a slow day...

The UK office have assured me that all marketing info has been stopped, apart from stuff that's already in the system.

They have asked me to follow them on Twitter so they can DM me, no way.

Yes a running joke here

When DH goes to check the mailbox his question is "how many Oceania brochures today"

Some days none some days we get 2 one day it was 3

you just never know

Maybe I should start collecting them :D

Yesterday was 2 O & 1 Regent

waiting for today's ;)

I'm off the O mail list, but not Regent. We now save the Regent mailings for scraping up when the cat pukes. :)

Email is not an issue. I actually like to see those to keep abreast of O promotions.

I'm off the O mail list, but not Regent. We now save the Regent mailings for scraping up when the cat pukes. :)

Email is not an issue. I actually like to see those to keep abreast of O promotions.

I do not have a problem with the emails either

i will save my brochures for you & drop them off next time we go shopping down there :D

As long as the cruise lines don't start sending their "mailing" postage collect, as Hillary Clinton was famed to say, "What difference does it make now..."

On the other hand, without the cost of mailing the heavy brochures that continue to arrive, maybe they could reduce the cost of the cruises or at least make the cocktails cheaper.

We're still getting heavy Cunard cruise brochures and we'll NEVER do another one, mainly because the ships are just too big. Regent and Oceania are our favorites now. The ADULT cruise lines without a lot of snot nosed kids running here and there.

Next up, Honolulu to Auckland on the 28th...

Edited by StarFlyr

The UK office have assured me that all marketing info has been stopped, apart from stuff that's already in the system.

They have asked me to follow them on Twitter so they can DM me, no way.

I have read this board with interest.

I have to say that if this is a major issue in your life then you must have very few other problems to worry about and deal with.

As people say change your email to an incorrect one(I do this all the time and it stops), mark Oceania as spam, change your postal address to a fictitious mail box etc. companies soon get the hint.

Dah-um, I feel so fortunate to be able to cruise Oceania! They could send me recycled kitty litter, and as long as I could cruise with them I'd be happy.

I am very happy for you.

We are going to stick with Seabourn and Azamara. If Crystal serve us well, they'll also be on our list.

Last year we had some amazing holidays, based in Austrian hotels, at a fraction of the cost of cruising, so these will also be on our list.

The best cruise lines are those whose shore-based staff are as efficient as those onboard, not those who are all at sea.:)

Dah-um, I feel so fortunate to be able to cruise Oceania! They could send me recycled kitty litter, and as long as I could cruise with them I'd be happy.

So very true. And when I need it I have the round file. ;););)

I used to throw away those four pretty booklets whenever I received them the same day without even looking at them. But then my DW asked for them. She drops them off at the Children's Museum and the kids have fun cutting the pretty pictures for their arts & crafts projects.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I am very happy for you.

We are going to stick with Seabourn and Azamara. If Crystal serve us well, they'll also be on our list.

Last year we had some amazing holidays, based in Austrian hotels, at a fraction of the cost of cruising, so these will also be on our list.

The best cruise lines are those whose shore-based staff are as efficient as those onboard, not those who are all at sea.:)

It sounds like you found a solution that will work well for you. That's good.

We all should try to do things that make us feel happy and avoid those things that aggravate us - it looks like you have succeeded :)

I am very happy for you.

Tim,

That's great that you've discovered what works for you. Wishing you a lovely holiday full of peace and joy.

Maybe less expensive but, when you walk out of the front door of one of those hotels, you're still in Austria :-(

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

I have NOT requested that my name be removed from Oceania's mailing list. I used to get the small brochures as well as the larger brochures. As a retired art director, it was interesting to see some of those covers that occasionally had a fifth spot color, as well as both dull and gloss varnish (extra drying time is needed between press runs). I miss them. I requested a catalog online, got it, and nothing since. I have an Oceania cruise booked for July.

I also have a Regent cruise booked, and now get small Regent mailers almost every day. I guess they want me to move to Regent. :confused:

Maybe less expensive but, when you walk out of the front door of one of those hotels, you're still in Austria :-(

Beautiful, wonderful Austria. You should try it. We have stayed at Hotel Die Post, Bad Kleinkirchheim, many times and have never been disappointed.

Cruising is also wonderful, but no Marmots.

Beautiful, wonderful Austria. You should try it. We have stayed at Hotel Die Post, Bad Kleinkirchheim, many times and have never been disappointed.

Been to Austria many times and The Tennenberg.Yes its beautiful and I speak fluent German... However its totally different from the aesthetic experience of a cruise...like Hemmingway penned a cruise is a" movable feast" of contrasts of culture, landscape and experience.

A land vacation is limited to that specific locale your in. Yes its cheaper in $$$ but its value is limited when compared to the experience of a cruise Cruises cost more because they deliver far more value for the $$$ /euro or pound than any land option

Gruss Gott und Frolich Weinachten un Neu Jare zum dich und unser familie habben.

Been to Austria many times and The Tennenberg.Yes its beautiful and I speak fluent German... However its totally different from the aesthetic experience of a cruise...like Hemmingway penned a cruise is a" movable feast" of contrasts of culture, landscape and experience.

A land vacation is limited to that specific locale your in. Yes its cheaper in $$$ but its value is limited when compared to the experience of a cruise Cruises cost more because they deliver far more value for the $$$ /euro or pound than any land option

Gruss Gott und Frolich Weinachten un Neu Jare zum dich und unser familie habben.

Why is it not possible to enjoy both vacation options equally? English Tim does and so do I.

Frankly I consider myself very fortunate to enjoy any and all my vacations

Went on a 24 day Oceania Cruise 3 years ago and have Been trying to stop the Oceania solicitation to no avail.. My mailbox consists of at least one travel itinerary 3x a week. What a waste of money to be put in trash. .. Note to Oceania: When interested, I will contact YOU online or by phone.

Been there often - actually paid for part of grad school with an alpine skiing tour business I had that took clients primarily throughout the Tyrol. Certainly some beautiful geography. But, in all honesty, when it comes to mountain panoramas, I'd opt for the Sierra Nevada here in California. One of the most spectacular sights anyone will ever see is driving south over the crest of CA Hwy 267 into the Lake Tahoe basin as the winter sun sets- the undisputed definition of "purple mountains majesty." The non-snow alternative: Kauai's NaPali Coast.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer