Will it feel crowded?

BJH2016

Me and my husband just booked our honeymoon cruise on the Anthem for February of 2018 and just wanted to know if everyone is spread out or are you right on top of each other like sardines in an can?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All ships have times that they feel very crowded, but that is not something that happens all the time. We did find Anthem lacked the people flow of some of the other ships, but you will have no problem finding quiet spaces away from the crowds.

I never felt crowded on Anthem. In fact there are so many places to go relax and hang around, especially near the Vintages wine bar. There is a lot of space for everyone. Maybe the promenade gets busy during a sale but not a sardine situation. The pool deck is roomy as well.

The Windjammer was constantly very crowded - but I guess to be expected with the large number of passengers on board. The promenade area on deck 4 near Sorrento's was usually pretty crowded and hard to walk through as a lot of on-board sales are held there.

Me and my husband just booked our honeymoon cruise on the Anthem for February of 2018 and just wanted to know if everyone is spread out or are you right on top of each other like sardines in an can?

In your cabins or all over the ship?

Have you by any chance taken a look at the inside of the ship in the various review threads of vlogs?

People are mostly spread out.

Edited by rajju077

I can't speak directly about Anthem, but I've sailed Oasis and Allure (same class of ship). There's no getting around the fact that ~8,500 people (6k passengers, 2.4k crew) will be on board. However, except for certain circumstances, everyone is spread out. The neighborhoods and four pool areas help spread everyone out.

The exceptions I saw were immediately after muster drill, the windjammer, getting back on board at Labadee (the line was quick, but you got a sense of how many people there are), and right before and after showtimes if you are near the theater. The Promenade is a zoo on formal nights, but you get that on every class of ship (except those without a Promenade).

I can't speak directly about Anthem, but I've sailed Oasis and Allure (same class of ship). There's no getting around the fact that ~8,500 people (6k passengers, 2.4k crew) will be on board. However, except for certain circumstances, everyone is spread out. The neighborhoods and four pool areas help spread everyone out.

The exceptions I saw were immediately after muster drill, the windjammer, getting back on board at Labadee (the line was quick, but you got a sense of how many people there are), and right before and after showtimes if you are near the theater. The Promenade is a zoo on formal nights, but you get that on every class of ship (except those without a Promenade).

Anthem is a Quantum class ship, not an Oasis class ship.

I was on the anthem in October. The only times I felt crowded was when people are gathered in one place. For example, embarkation, when shows let out, muster drill, port days in the morning, etc. Whenever most of the ship is gathered in one place, you will feel crowded, but in general, the ship is big enough to give people plenty of room. I never really have a problem finding a place to sit and relax, or getting to the bar, or even in the pool.

We were on Anthem for a recently sold out sailing and there was plenty of "space." My husband and I enjoyed uncrowded hot tub time, uncrowded bars, uncrowded time in the solarium (many times throughout the week) plenty of space indoors and out to enjoy quiet. One of my main critiques of Anthem is that they really "missed the boat" (har har) with crowd control for events and gatherings (tendering, shows, bumper cars, rollerskating, etc) but the ship itself never felt "crowded" to me at all. (And all that said we LOVED Anthem. Have fun!)