Coco Cay Snorkeling Excursion Opinions???

porthole21

Hello, My DW and I are considering the Coco Cay Snorkeling excursion on the Jan 16th Empress of the Seas sailing and i was hoping to get some firsthand feedback?

1. What time typically has it ran from? It says 2.5 hrs total for the trip

Thank you for the info.

Have not done that snorkel excursion.

However, we snorkel off the beach in Coco Cay alsomost every time we go there. It's not bad, especially if you go off to the left, towards where the ship usually anchors. There's a reef out there that can be interesting.

Hello, My DW and I are considering the Coco Cay Snorkeling excursion on the Jan 16th Empress of the Seas sailing and i was hoping to get some firsthand feedback?

1. What time typically has it ran from? It says 2.5 hrs total for the trip

Thank you for the info.

You can go to your cruise week roll call and talk to your fellow cruisers at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2430523

However, it looks like there's just JOEYJOEYJOEY there so far! He sounds lonely!:( Happy cruising!!:cool:

As Bob says, you can actually snorkel off the beach at Coco Cay, and it's not bad. Does the excursion go to a nearby reef or something?

Are you looking at the excursion in your cruise planner? If you attempt to add it, it should show you the time(s) available.

We have done the Seashell Snorkel excursion in Nassau several times and it is really good. They take you in a catamaran out to an excellent reef. The snorkelling was MUCH better on that then what you can do at Coco Cay.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=NSN5&DestinationCode=

• 3 weeks later...
Cant imagine good snorkeling there. The private islands are the relaxing days. Where else are you going?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we have snorkeled in cococay many times and have seen some fantastic things! For being able to walk into the water and snorkel for free, cococay has better snorkeling than many islands in the caribbean

we have paid for and taken tours over the years in other islands that don't offer nearly the variety of sea life you see in cococay.

i personally would not pay for a snorkel tour in cococay when you can just head into the water and snorkel all over the place out there and not be on a time frame

we have snorkeled in cococay many times and have seen some fantastic things! For being able to walk into the water and snorkel for free, cococay has better snorkeling than many islands in the caribbean

we have paid for and taken tours over the years in other islands that don't offer nearly the variety of sea life you see in cococay.

i personally would not pay for a snorkel tour in cococay when you can just head into the water and snorkel all over the place out there and not be on a time frame

Where is good snorkeling?bringing my gear!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app