Re: Breeze Two Words That Will Ruin Your Cruise

Cruiseathoning

"I heard."

I heard can mean many things. It could mean a pathological liar wants to be relevant. It could mean a nefarious attempt at reputation damage bereft of actual facts. It could mean the person is nuts. It could mean they just want to play with your head..

The Breeze is, near as I can tell, Magic with more bells and whistles. (Not been on it yet.) The Magic has been fun when we were on it, manageable but not too small where we got bored. (If you are lucky, you will get Curly to do trivia on your ship..)

Now on this board I have read ever more ridiculous statements that seems to mirror a societal injury of some sort. Statements like, "worst experience ever." What a life-a cruise you walked away from unharmed is the worst thing ever.

I have read about springs in backs, hair in food, filth on walls, and so forth. And while I can not directly dispute the claims of individuals above, not having been there, I can say that in all of our cruises, and there have been a lot of Carnivals, we have never once, not one time, experienced anything remotely similar.

Not once. In the more than one hundred meals, observing hundreds more, have we ever experienced hair in our food on Carnival. If you think about it, that is remarkable.

In the more than one hundred nights of sleep, we have never felt one spring. Now beds vary, but life varies, and for the most part, they have been fine. I advise to request a topper, and that makes it very comfortable.

The food on Carnival is always tasty, if sometimes uninspired. Smoke can be a problem, but not usually on the newer ships. Most crew, and I mean a huge majority, are above and beyond excellent and considering the deterioration in American attitudes, a miracle, and yes, I am American, and getting quite tired of the observed nit-pickiness.

Yet I fully believe the posters believe what they are posting, to some extent. On this board I have read about cruises being nearly ruined from an eye roll, or a snide or misunderstood comment. Our hypersensivity is affecting our enjoyment of life, and of cruising. Chill.

The Breeze looks great to me, and having been on her Sis, I have no reason to doubt it can deliver. But while opinions vary, keep in mind that one of the most foolish things someone can ever do is to abdicate their own opinions to someone else, unverified and undocumented.

Grain of salt, people.

"I heard" that is the best way to take opinions.

But by all means, buck the system-take it with pepper.

Cruise often, my friends.

-T

I heard that there are people who always look at the glass half empty. While others, I heard, always look at the glass half full. I prefer the later and don't really take the advice of the former.

Go out and explore for yourself and don't listen to the naysayers, find out firsthand and then you will know for yourself.

I heard that's the best way to know for sure.

Yep. "I heard" and "they said"

Ive only been on 6 cruises but I have not had a "bad" cruise yet. I cant imagine much of anything totally "ruining" my cruise except the ship sinking. Lots of melodramatic people find this forum and take the word critic very literally

Edited by ryano

"I heard" that Christmas cruises are fun. I am jealous of yours.

We don't celebrate as my husband is a Jehovah's Witness but I am looking forward to all the pretty lights and the jovial atmosphere. We'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and the first childless vacation since our honeymoon. :)

We go on vacation based on our own preferences. Not someone's review - good, bad, or indifferent.

Absolutely agree! My first cruise was on Holiday :cool: If I had paid one bit of attention to the reviews here I would have never went. Had an absolute blast and being new with no expectations was great. its still one of my most favorite cruises yet

Edited by ryano

Is this a post complaining about complainers? :p

Some reviews I use to decide if I'm going to sail a ship or not. This is true of the Sunshine. Our Sunshine sailing was cancelled by Carnival soon after its repurposing and I ended up not re-booking because of the many reviews I read on the NEW Carnival Sunshine (the "NEW" posted by one CC member always bugged the heck out of me).

Just because someone has a bad cruise and reports it here doesn't mean it can't happen. If I spend $2K-$5K on a cruise, it #$#@ well better be what I expect. I've yet to be disappointed, but I sure don't blame those who feel a little ripped off if there's a perfect storm of things going wrong on a cruise through no fault of the cruiser.

We've been taking long weekend land trips (New York City being our most recent prior to the Vista repositioning) and I'd forgotten how fun it is to wake up and find the world is my oyster. There are 1000 things to do in NYC, none of which have anything to do with a spa or art sales pitch. The days in NYC are much more memorable than the cruise.

I love cruising, but the shininess is wearing off and my expectations are becoming greater. Maybe it's time for a break from the seas and instead explore the cities of the U.S.

So many places to comment..... of course you can make your vacation choice be whatever you want and if cruising is not it, then so be it...happy vacationing. That said, your comment on the Sunshine is a perfect example of the point the OP makes. The VAST amount of reviews of the Sunshine, put her in their top cruise lists. Making a decision (you, me, whoever), based only upon some negative reviews (or more importantly negative posts by someone who was never on the ship) are at the least short sighted... just my 2 cents.

For myself, I am trying to practice GRATITUDE more and DISAPPOINTMENT less. That is not to invalidate the feeling of disappointment, because it is real. What I am telling myself is that disappointment is normal and there is no way to avoid it. We all have various levels of disappointment in our lives because that is life. I am trying harder to ACCEPT disappointment while looking closer at the things I can be grateful for. I recently had a discussion with a FB friend who posted that 2016 was the worst year ever and s?cked. This person has a great job, a darling 2 yr-old princess, a loving husband, a house they own, and a wonderful extended family that is very supportive (me included!). 2016 had some very bad things happen indeed, and somehow I managed to survive all that and live to see today. I am very grateful for all that, and for the fact that I am currently on a cruise! I was ill this past summer and we had to cancel our July cruise. Now I am healthy enough to enjoy this one. HALLELUJAH! It works for me!

Absolutely agree! My first cruise was on Holiday :cool: If I had paid one bit of attention to the reviews here I would have never went. Had an absolute blast and being new with no expectations was great. its still one of my most favorite cruises yet

That's how I felt about the Sunshine. I surely would have missed out on my favorite vacation yet had I let those early reviews where people (some who hadn't even been on the ship} got their nose out of joint because the "layout" was different influence me. I don't mind being a little turned around on a ship. It's kinds fun. And it wasn't hard at all to maneuver around after a day or two. There's maps all around every ship! I LOVED IT!

Now I will say your Magic review did get me excited to go, but I was already booked on her to begin with. It was everything you said about it and more!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

So many places to comment..... of course you can make your vacation choice be whatever you want and if cruising is not it, then so be it...happy vacationing. That said, your comment on the Sunshine is a perfect example of the point the OP makes. The VAST amount of reviews of the Sunshine, put her in their top cruise lists. Making a decision (you, me, whoever), based only upon some negative reviews (or more importantly negative posts by someone who was never on the ship) are at the least short sighted... just my 2 cents.

Totally agree! Sunshine gets a bad rap and I have no clue why - she is our favorite ship so far..and I am quite curious how the Magic shapes up. But to each his own - if they wish to not try a cruise based upon other's reviews, then more room for me!

I take reviews with a pound of salt, rather than just a grain. Marriott did a study and if people had a bad experience they were likely to tell 12 people about it,but if it was a good experience, that number was much lower.

I sailed on the Breeze and didn't experience any of the things in the original post. In fact, we are heading back on the Breeze in 5 weeks.

I think the problem is that people do so much research ahead of time and build up their expectations to the point that no cruise out there will meet them. Every little thing that doesn't meet their expectations ticks them off and all the little things add up to making the cruise a huge disappointment. If you are prepared to go with the flow, put away your preconceived notions and don't expect Cunard at a Carnival price, you will have a great time.

Edited by DebJ14

Totally agree! Sunshine gets a bad rap and I have no clue why - she is our favorite ship so far..and I am quite curious how the Magic shapes up. But to each his own - if they wish to not try a cruise based upon other's reviews, then more room for me!

There are some here who have strong feelings against the Sunshine and are pretty outspoken on her (from a negative viewpoint), yet they have never sailed on her.... hmmmmm how do you spell agenda?

There are some here who have strong feelings against the Sunshine and are pretty outspoken on her (from a negative viewpoint), yet they have never sailed on her.... hmmmmm how do you spell agenda?

When the Sunshine/Destiny was in dry dock for the "transformation" some of the worst lies passed off as opinion/fact were posted here, was truly unbelievable. Of course none were true...we sailed Sunshine TA.....as planned...and have sailed on her twice more, one of our favorite ships.

"I heard"...2 words that will never influence what I do, cruising or anything else.

Then there are the very negative reviews by experienced by Carnival cruises who have sailed on the Sunshine, what is their agenda? Many, many reviewers who have sailed the sunshine report the same negatives. The Sunshine got as high 63% of cruisers loving it, it is now 58% due to the nevers according to the Sunshine huggers, I don't think so....Need lipstick?

Then there are the very negative reviews by experienced by Carnival cruises who have sailed on the Sunshine, what is their agenda? Many, many reviewers who have sailed the sunshine report the same negatives. The Sunshine got as high 63% of cruisers loving it, it is now 58% due to the nevers according to the Sunshine huggers, I don't think so....Need lipstick?

Let's start with the obvious question that comes to mind.....have sailed on her?

Makes you wonder what those people were expecting when they sailed the Sunshine? That is why I don't care what someone's opinion of a ship is. I do care about facts (does it have a Guy's or not and such) but someone's opinion doesn't mean diddly without knowing exactly what they like or don't like in life as compared to what I do and don't like in life which is why I never use someone's opinion to determine what ship I do or don't sail.

As for me, I enjoyed the Sunshine very much. Not my favorite ship (Glory and Liberty hold that spot) but very enjoyable.

Makes you wonder what those people were expecting when they sailed the Sunshine? That is why I don't care what someone's opinion of a ship is. I do care about facts (does it have a Guy's or not and such) but someone's opinion doesn't mean diddly without knowing exactly what they like or don't like in life as compared to what I do and don't like in life which is why I never use someone's opinion to determine what ship I do or don't sail.

As for me, I enjoyed the Sunshine very much. Not my favorite ship (Glory and Liberty hold that spot) but very enjoyable.

If he answers my question about whether he has sailed it you will find out who has an agenda.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums