Lots of questions regarding the Norwegian Escape

goldfish1111

Hi. We are interested on going on the Escape in August. We are in our twentys and it seems that there is a lot of activities for us to do. I have a few questions for anybody that has gone on the Escape or similar Norwegian ship. First- are all the activities free like the ropes course, the water park, the snow room etc. I also know that there is no grill on the pool deck but is there anywhere else you can get hamburgers, hot dogs and fries. Do they have that in the buffet. What is the English Pub like and is it free? Also, is there any pizza on board? Any information I can get would be great. We think this looks like a great ship but we are on a limited budget and don't want to have to pay a lot for extras that they offer for free on other cruise lines. Thanks for your help!

First- are all the activities free like the ropes course, the water park, the snow room etc.

Everything you mentioned is free except the snow room. You have to purchase a spa pass to use that. You can tour the spa on day 1 and see if it (and the rest of the amenities) are worth it for you to purchase the pass

I also know that there is no grill on the pool deck but is there anywhere else you can get hamburgers, hot dogs and fries. Do they have that in the buffet. What is the English Pub like and is it free? Also, is there any pizza on board?

All of the food items are available at the buffet and the burgers and fries are also in O'Sheenhan's (English Pub), which is free. You can also order pizza from room service for a fee. O'Sheehan's is normally a pretty popular spot because they are open 24/7, and it's a nice alternative to the buffet or MDRs.

I was on the Escape in September and it is fantastic. The food items you asked about are all available in the buffet.

I was on a different cruise line in a past year in August.

Keep in mind that August will be very warm and it's summer so more children will be on board then when schools in session.

Buffet was great on Escape. We tried Food Republic for lunch one day and even though it was OBC it was a waste of money, IMO. We tried the Lobster Roll (where was the lobster - mostly sauce?!?!?), California roll (OK) and the pork belly ramen (pretty good) but $20 and we left hungry and just went to the buffet. food republic was one spot I really wanted to try; glad I did, but not returning any time soon.

You can also get a nice burger no extra charge in the dining rooms at lunch time (sea days).

O'Sheehans was very good, IMO. Look out for night time specials. They have Prime Rib and Spare Rib nights there. At no additional charge it was a nice change from the dining rooms. Had breakfast once at O'sheehans but I liked the dining rooms best for breakfast.

Buffet was great on Escape. We tried Food Republic for lunch one day and even though it was OBC it was a waste of money, IMO. We tried the Lobster Roll (where was the lobster - mostly sauce?!?!?), California roll (OK) and the pork belly ramen (pretty good) but $20 and we left hungry and just went to the buffet. food republic was one spot I really wanted to try; glad I did, but not returning any time.

I also feel Food Republic is overrated. I found the meats overseasoned and fatty. The duck potstickers were great though, but while I will absolutely sail on Escape again, I won't return to Food Republic. I am allergic to shellfish and fin fish, which eliminated half the menu for me...maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I could eat seafood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also feel Food Republic is overrated. I found the meats overseasoned and fatty. The duck potstickers were great though, but while I will absolutely sail on Escape again, I won't return to Food Republic. I am allergic to shellfish and fin fish, which eliminated half the menu for me...maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I could eat seafood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Food Republic and the Japanese grilled squid and the fried squid. However, I do agree that the meat can be overseasoned. I remember I thought the beef anticucho was super salty along with the meat in the kbbq taco

Food Republic was one of the reasons we booked a couple of more cruises on the Escape. Would much rather spend our OBC in this venue than Margaritaville. We loved the Bulgogi Tacos and Elote Corn. Can't remember all of the others we enjoyed, but we will go back to this venue. In our opinion, the Lobster roll was tasty, but not as good as the Lobster Rolls on the Getaway at the walk-up window on the Water Front.

Also not to be missed is the water slide with the tubes. Great fun!

Another great thing about Food Republic was their drinks. The Toro Toro, a spicy tequila based drink was my favorite on board. It was also under the 15 ceiling for UBP even though it included Patron. This was also in August, after the price increase.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Edited by SNJCruisers