Royal, PH, Reflection Suite questions

cruiseerf

Hello oh mighty Cruising Guru's

When you are staying in the big suites, Specialty restaurants are included. I have the following questions.

Is Sushi on 5 included?

On Equinox, is the Gastro Pub included

Lastly, Do you present your room key and they charge and then remove at the end for all your meals? Or do they just see the swipe and nothing to sign etc.

THANK YOU. Just trying to see how it works.

Safe Sails to all!

Sushi 5 is included, except the $10 Wasabi prepared at the table. There are many good non-sushi items like the Kobe Slider. There are beers made in Japan.

I don't know about Gastro but I would assume yes. Gelato is included. Lunches at Specialty also.

They scan room key at end and you sign a $0 check.

Unless something has changed since January when we were in a Royal Suite, the gelato is not included. Neither are the upsell items on the room service menu.

We had a Royal in July and the gelato was included, no charge. On Summit.

Gelato is NOT included...was in the Penthouse on Silhouette in November and had to pay for it.

Sushi 5 is included, except the $10 Wasabi prepared at the table. There are many good non-sushi items like the Kobe Slider. There are beers made in Japan.

I don't know about Gastro but I would assume yes. Gelato is included. Lunches at Specialty also.

They scan room key at end and you sign a $0 check.

We learned at the end of our last cruise that Gelato is (supposed to be?) included but it does not automatically deduct from your room card the way a drink on the plan does. But if you tell them the suite # and name they will not charge you. Or at least that's how it worked that time, they may be tinkering. Hope to test this at the beginning of the next one!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Gelato is NOT included...was in the Penthouse on Silhouette in November and had to pay for it.

On Reflection in November and Gelato WAS included FREE.

The server had to look at my card and not charge it through the register, but I think she did write it down on a list so they treated it like an Elite free coupon. If you are refused tell the server you are not to be charged and have them work it out with MC staff.

If you have premium drink package you can get a free scoop of gelato at Cafe Bacio by ordering the Afangato drink and hold the espresso (or on the side). They'll let you pick any flavor.

Another example of differences ship by ship...We have experienced differences ourselves and read about a range of included/not included with reference to sushi, lunchtime specialities, even differences in quantity of laundry!

We tend now to just check with the MC host and butler each cruise! We honestly don't mind if some things are not included....We just like to know what is then we can avoid needing to query charges. Even doing this problems can arise...We were told on our last cruise that lunchtime specialities were included. We didn't book one but fellow Michael's Club patrons did and were charged. The reasoning being that lunchtime speciality dining was included but lunchtime 'progressive' dining wasn't....The Michael's Club host had the charges removed but the couple were upset to have been charged after having already queried. Most of us just do not want to have the hassle of discussing at the end of a meal about payment.

a little sensitive are we?.....not calling anyone a liar....just wrong

But actually you were wrong on the dirt part of the statement - "Gelato is NOT included". It is more right to say it was not included for me on Silhouette in November. Big difference between was not and is not.

I can 100% assure you that it was include on the Reflection in November, but I would not assume that it means it has been included on all ships at all times. The extra charge items on the breakfast menu were also included.

The bottom line is that we are all reporting our experiences, but saying what is included is a lot different than what was included.

Enjoy your included Gelato if you cruise in a high end suite on the Reflection if they do not change the practice before you cruise.

Another example of differences ship by ship...We have experienced differences ourselves and read about a range of included/not included with reference to sushi, lunchtime specialities, even differences in quantity of laundry!

We tend now to just check with the MC host and butler each cruise! We honestly don't mind if some things are not included....We just like to know what is then we can avoid needing to query charges. Even doing this problems can arise...We were told on our last cruise that lunchtime specialities were included. We didn't book one but fellow Michael's Club patrons did and were charged. The reasoning being that lunchtime speciality dining was included but lunchtime 'progressive' dining wasn't....The Michael's Club host had the charges removed but the couple were upset to have been charged after having already queried. Most of us just do not want to have the hassle of discussing at the end of a meal about payment.

What is the lunchtime "progressive" dining? On the Reflection I was told the special Mediterranean BBQ at the Lawn Grill was not included thus I did not partake.

Thanks

But actually you were wrong on the dirt part of the statement - "Gelato is NOT included". It is more right to say it was not included for me on Silhouette in November. Big difference between was not and is not.

I can 100% assure you that it was include on the Reflection in November, but I would not assume that it means it has been included on all ships at all times. The extra charge items on the breakfast menu were also included.

The bottom line is that we are all reporting our experiences, but saying what is included is a lot different than what was included.

Enjoy your included Gelato if you cruise in a high end suite on the Reflection if they do not change the practice before you cruise.

Thanks. I'm glad someone understood what I meant! :)

Before we were in a RS on Silhouette in October and I asked the shoreside concierge about what was included with the specialities with the room. Anything is Sushi and the Porch were included. Did not visit Sushi as my wife does no t like them bug all in the Porch was included. Lunches are included when they happen in specialities but I was told that the special steaks in Tuscan and any other added cost items were not covered in the cabin benefits. No idea about gelato as have never tried it on board.

The big takeaway on this is that Celebrity needs to do an audit of their ships to make sure they are being consistent. When you have numerous people all reporting conflicting personal experiences onboard of what's included or not included, that's a problem. One of the things that's always annoyed me about suite class is they don't make it clear what you are or are not entitled to. We can read about it here or on their website, but onboard there's nothing. It's almost as if they want you to forget about certain benefits so you don't take advantage of them. There should be a printed list of suite benefits in your cabin when you board.

Now even saying that, things like gelato and the upcharge breakfast items fall into a gray area as Celebrity's website does not define that those things are included. It can be assumed that they are as they could be classified as "specialty" dining, but it's not clear. Since we know Celebrity reads this forum it would be appreciated if they could clarify from their end, and if indeed these items are supposed to be included they should make that clear to their ship staff.

I'm just off Reflection in a Royal Suite. My key card had an infinity symbol printed above the PALL beverage package indicator.

The infinity symbol is an 8 turned sideways - ∞

This infinity symbol let them know "Unlimited Specialty Dining".

What is the lunchtime "progressive" dining? On the Reflection I was told the special Mediterranean BBQ at the Lawn Grill was not included thus I did not partake.

Thanks

I believe it was starter in Tuscan, main in Murano's and desert in Silk Harvest (or in a different order)! I think it aims to give guests a taste of all venues (or share the workload)...

I believe it was starter in Tuscan, main in Murano's and desert in Silk Harvest (or in a different order)! I think it aims to give guests a taste of all venues (or share the workload)...

Thank you. I had never noticed it, but a good idea.

Before we were in a RS on Silhouette in October ... Anything is Sushi and the Porch were included. Did not visit Sushi as my wife does not like ...

Look at the menu and talk to the host about non-sushi, there are many good Asian dishes. The Lobster Ramen is excellent and a meal. The Kobe slider is burger size. On port days with X closing Luminea (on customers paying $500+/day) you want an alternate to the Porch.

On the Reflection I was told the special Mediterranean BBQ at the Lawn Grill was not included thus I did not partake.

Thanks

Those were $99 pp or $79 if you have drink package, so I can see they how it is not included.

I did one and would NOT do it again as not worth the price they were charging, which 2X a specialty dinner. The desert items were all things I'v seen at Ocean View.