Youngest Self Made Pinnacles (Non Inherited)?

Garavar

I posted earlier on this thread that the youngest Pinnacle in Crown & Anchor is a 9-year-old girl (she has most likely turned 10 since January, when we sailed with her on Oasis). She sails with her mother and grandparents.

Oh, ok, yes I saw that. Yes I was making a point, the thread had turned into an it's all about me thread with posters telling about levels of family members which had nothing to do with the thread or PC and, they were not paying any attention to what you had posted, but that's nothing new for CC.

Thanks for your info, very interesting

Edited by setsail

We have friends whose Daughter was Diamond in her own right at 17 and Diamond Plus at 18 and well on her way to Pinnacle. Yes, she did have a few Old Dears wanting to check her seapass card on numerous occasions.

Edited by joandian

Oh, ok, yes I saw that. Yes I was making a point, the thread had turned into an it's all about me thread with posters telling about levels of family members which had nothing to do with the thread or PC and, they were not paying any attention to what you had posted, but that's nothing new for CC.

Obviously you didn't pay attention either. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

But Mr PC would tell C&A. If that didn't happen, Former Mrs PC wouldn't be able to add a new honey.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal would have fun figuring that one out !!

Now getting back to topic, self made to me means just that. Starting at age 21 when one is allowed to book a cruise, how old is the youngest Pinnacle?

I'm not the OP, but the youngest self made Pinnacle would not be a minor as you must be 21, I think, or married to book a cruise.

They still could have gone earned the cruise points themselves, but they would have had to have another adult in the cabin for all the cruises. (Doesn't have to be the same adult)

I'm not the OP, but the youngest self made Pinnacle would not be a minor as you must be 21, I think, or married to book a cruise.

I don't know why they would have to be 21. Self made to me means that the person actually cruised enough to get the points. It doesn't matter who paid the bill or booked the cruise. A lot of kids begin cruising at a very young age and do it often.

Well I thought some of those all about me post would have the answer, do you, looks like it's still up for debate, stay tuned:p;)

I've never met a Pinnacle younger than myself to the best of my knowledge, however I have heard of the Brazilian girl Karen mentioned.

Threads live and breathe. The question was answered, now it being dissected. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

Self made means the number of points earned by cruising on a ship. A baby earns points just by being on the ship since you pay for them to cruise. Take a baby on 6 cruise of 7 nights and stay in a suite, that baby would be Diamond with over 80 points.

My kids have their D+ status from their own points! Not my point status. There is no minimum age to start accumulating points. A kid that cruises 350 days in a suite over a few years could be pinnacle easily.

You can book a cruise if you are not married. You need one person in the party to be over 21. College kids cruise spring break by having on ONE 21 year old in each room. The other 3 must be over 18 or have certification to travel with the child under 18.

Yes, I agree that the thread has lived its useful life, question asked and answered. :)

Are you seriously asking who the youngest pinnacle actually is? We should just list the name of a minor on line if we did know it?

If you'll notice, no one has posted a name here. I think the curiosity was more with the age, rather than the name, of the youngest Pinnacle on record.

Again, unless RCI is willing to figure out who pays for a cruise and delegate points accordingly -- spouse, parent, SO, etc. -- then the current system will continue. Whoever is onboard gets the cruise points they are entitled to. IMO, that is the way it should be.

Yes, I agree that the thread has lived its useful life, question asked and answered. :)

If you'll notice, no one has posted a name here. I think the curiosity was more with the age, rather than the name, of the youngest Pinnacle on record.

Again, unless RCI is willing to figure out who pays for a cruise and delegate points accordingly -- spouse, parent, SO, etc. -- then the current system will continue. Whoever is onboard gets the cruise points they are entitled to. IMO, that is the way it should be.

Do any of the sail free promotions not earn points?

VISA points, Club Royale, Free PC cruise, Kids sail free, etc..

I seem to recall on the VISA points you only scored C&A points if you actually spent more than the cert was worth.

And I'm pretty sure you don't earn FF miles on an airline if you use reward points for your ticket.

just curious

Do any of the sail free promotions not earn points?

VISA points, Club Royale, Free PC cruise, Kids sail free, etc..

I seem to recall on the VISA points you only scored C&A points if you actually spent more than the cert was worth.

And I'm pretty sure you don't earn FF miles on an airline if you use reward points for your ticket.

just curious

The basic rule is, free cruise, no points. If people pay extra to upgrade their cabin, or there is a difference between the benefit and the price of the cabin, then points are awarded. My next milestone cruise will not give me any points.

I guess there are different definitions of "self made"

Even though a baby or child can cruise with mommy and daddy and earn points that add up to Pinnacle , to me that doesn't answer the question but IS one way to become Pinnacle, but NOT self made.

You are NOT going to get your pilot's license by just being in the plane that daddy is flying to get his hours.

I do not know how to explain it any better, but to me, the question has not been answered.

Hopefully that 37 year old couple will repost as they seem to be the youngest so far, but I'd like to know if they "grew" off their parents.

Even though a baby or child can cruise with mommy and daddy and earn points that add up to Pinnacle , to me that doesn't answer the question but IS one way to become Pinnacle, but NOT self made.

You are NOT going to get your pilot's license by just being in the plane that daddy is flying to get his hours.

I do not know how to explain it any better, but to me, the question has not been answered.

Hopefully that 37 year old couple will repost as they seem to be the youngest so far, but I'd like to know if they "grew" off their parents.

My husband paid for my cruises. Under your definition, that disqualifies me for any Crown & Anchor status.

The basic rule is, free cruise, no points. If people pay extra to upgrade their cabin, or there is a difference between the benefit and the price of the cabin, then points are awarded. My next milestone cruise will not give me any points.

You get points for the win a cruise bingo "free" cruises.

You get points the Club Royale "free" cruises too.

When we received a free cruise offer for no apparent reason from Club Royale, their representative told my husband that he would need to upgrade to get points. Maybe it was because he was not a club Royale member.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hum... I was awarded endless (Certain ships/sail dates) free cruises through Club Royale. I was told I would get the points?? Double points if upgraded to JS or higher. I would need to pay gratuities, taxes, and port fees.

Unless this couple didn't start cruising until they were over the age of 21 and they paid for their own cruise in full they "grew" off of someone. That is if I understand of your question correctly.