Phone call from Princess today

Scauronga

We've got a "B2 guarantee" booked on the Coral next month, never done it before but we decided to join friends on the cruise late, maybe we'll get bumped up to a mini !! :):cool::)

If nobody agrees to take the offer from Princess, does that mean that we 'll end up in crew quarters ... or will the captain give us his cabin ??

Edited by RotaryMike

If nobody agrees to take the offer from Princess, does that mean that we 'll end up in crew quarters ... or will the captain give us his cabin ??

Princess keeps upping the offer until someone takes it.

One person posted they hit the jackpot a year or so ago. All $$$ refunded. A free 7 day Caribbean Cruise in a higher category cabin (it might have been a full suite). And a free longer cruise anywhere in the world, also in that higher category cabin. Also refund of airline change fees.

In the rare event they are having problem bribing someone to take the offer, they might offer you a lower category cabin with most of your $$$ back or a moveover offer of your own.

Last night i check our booking (35 days to go), and instead of saying GUARANTY, it had a cabin #, just what i had wanted , a midship extended balcony on Caribe, very happy with the cabin and location.

I was surprised that there was no email from princess showing the status change, but happy that we won't be getting to the pier not yet knowing our cabin. Mike in CT

Last night i check our booking (35 days to go), and instead of saying GUARANTY, it had a cabin #, just what i had wanted , a midship extended balcony on Caribe, very happy with the cabin and location.

I was surprised that there was no email from princess showing the status change, but happy that we won't be getting to the pier not yet knowing our cabin. Mike in CT

Nice cabin.

I leave Thursday on Regal and no cabin assignment yet. I only booked about 10 days or so ago. Hope to have cabin assignment before I leave for the port so I can get my luggage delivered. I check a couple of times a day as I know they never email that info.

If you want to keep it better mark the booking "NO UPGRADE". ;)

They normally don't send out emails reflecting an assignment with a GTY. At least not that we have experienced or heard.

Your cabin would have been assigned before sailing day.

If you want to keep it better mark the booking "NO UPGRADE". ;)

They normally don't send out emails reflecting an assignment with a GTY. At least not that we have experienced or heard.

Your cabin would have been assigned before sailing day.

thank you Keith for the info, i've been looking at my booking and can't find where/how to mark it NO UPGRADE. Can i do it myself, or do i have to contact my PCP to do it ? thanks, Mike in CT

Princess keeps upping the offer until someone takes it.

One person posted they hit the jackpot a year or so ago. All $$$ refunded. A free 7 day Caribbean Cruise in a higher category cabin (it might have been a full suite). And a free longer cruise anywhere in the world, also in that higher category cabin. Also refund of airline change fees.

In the rare event they are having problem bribing someone to take the offer, they might offer you a lower category cabin with most of your $$$ back or a moveover offer of your own.

I think it was me you are referencing. The night before we were due to fly from CLT to SIN- we received what I often refer to as " The Mack Daddy of All Move-Over Offers". Here is what we were offered:

Details:

We gave up a 10 night cruise out of Singapore in a BD.

We got:

Full refund via refundable OBC + 500

300 in change airline fees

10 day cruise in US, Mexico, Caribbean in a full suite

15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite.

Our cruise out of Singapore was $1400 pp in a balcony. Total 2800.

We took the deal- This is how it broke out:

We each received 1900 in fully refundable OBC.

Cruise 1- 10 day Southern Caribbean in a PH suite on the Royal- 4500 pp

Cruise 2- 12 day British Isles in an aft suite on the Royal- 8000 pp

We did not use the change airline fees.(they gave us a full refund- so I won't count it as a +/- in the tally)

They threw in 2 extra specialty dinners 50 pp.

So the bottom line is:

We traded 2800.00 dollars for:

3800 OBC

9000 Cruise 1

16000 Cruise 2

100 for dinners

Total package- approx $ 28,900.00.

Yes, we took the offer. We made out like thieves in the night. And my mom and I took our two last cruises together on Princess's nickel. (Sadly, she died two weeks after the BI cruise).

As an aside, in 3 weeks I am taking that "missed" cruise out of Singapore- all by myself.

And it has been pretty interesting how that cruise worked out- I booked an IF, refared with a big price drop, and was upgraded by Princess to a BB for free!

Each time a take a cruise now, I create a "move over" contingency plan. If the price is right- I will take a move over offer. I worked out pretty well in the past.

Tracie-Lynn:):)

Edited by TracieABD

I think it was me you are referencing. The night before we were due to fly from CLT to SIN- we received what I often refer to as " The Mack Daddy of All Move-Over Offers". Here is what we were offered:

Details:

We got:

We did not use the change airline fees.(they gave us a full refund- so I won't count it as a +/- in the tally)

So the bottom line is:

3800 OBC

9000 Cruise 1

16000 Cruise 2

100 for dinners

Yes, we took the offer. We made out like thieves in the night. And my mom and I took our two last cruises together on Princess's nickel. (Sadly, she died two weeks after the BI cruise).

As an aside, in 3 weeks I am taking that "missed" cruise out of Singapore- all by myself.

And it has been pretty interesting how that cruise worked out- I booked an IF, refared with a big price drop, and was upgraded by Princess to a BB for free!

Each time a take a cruise now, I create a "move over" contingency plan. If the price is right- I will take a move over offer. I worked out pretty well in the past.

Holy C**p, where do we sign up.

We have been upgraded a few times but this beat all offers I have seen so far:D.

Theo

We have been upgraded a few times but this beat all offers I have seen so far:D.

Theo

It was pretty stunning... And really fortuitous. Our original cruise (Singapore) was due to leave in mid January 2015. My mom fell and broke her hip on the last day of October. We were really worried about the 23 + hour flight to Singapore. We were trying to figure out how to upgrade her to business so she could lie flat. And then we received the move-over offer... And while I was slightly disappointed at not going to SE Asia, it really was for the best. We immediately booked the Caribbean cruise and left about a week later. We never even unpacked from the Singapore trip.

:)

thank you Keith for the info, i've been looking at my booking and can't find where/how to mark it NO UPGRADE. Can i do it myself, or do i have to contact my PCP to do it ? thanks, Mike in CT

Your welcome Mike......

Have to call Princess.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Mike, I believe you have to call in to Princess and have them make the No Upgrade change for you. I've never done it but I've seen that question asked before and I believe that was the answer given.

Tom

We got a move over offer several years ago moved to a 7 day cruise leaving the next day from the same port. Upgraded to a balcony received a full refund plus paid for the room we stayed in overnight before the cruise plus paid for the flight change coming back. Got to the airport and the flight was overbooked so we changed our flight to 2 hrs later also upgraded to first class plus $300 each in future travel vouchers. The only problem was the balcony they gave us was between a family with teenagers the Kids were on one side of us and the parents were on the other side

Theo

Our friends were offered something similar - but not quite as good - and they signed up for it too. Mind you I don't know that I would have done. They were booked to fly out the Far East for a 14 day cruise which had been long planned and like the OP Princess had over-booked. Much as the idea of the offer appeals, I look forward to my cruises so much I don't know if I could bear to be bumped off.

And Merry Christmas and happy cruising to you both in 2017 Theo

Rhona

Rotary Mike, please let us know, after you call, if they indeed let you "freeze" (via No Upgrade) this guarantee booking once the cabin has been assigned? Never did a guarantee here, and it's been a few years since I did it elsewhere, but at the time on that cruiseline as a guarantee booking it was "unfreezable", and I had to roll the dice that it wouldn't change again...

Edited by yuccaman

Details:

We got:

So the bottom line is:

3800 OBC

9000 Cruise 1

16000 Cruise 2

100 for dinners

Wow, that's an amazing offer! Best I've ever heard of.

Our friends were offered something similar - but not quite as good - and they signed up for it too. Mind you I don't know that I would have done. They were booked to fly out the Far East for a 14 day cruise which had been long planned and like the OP Princess had over-booked. Much as the idea of the offer appeals, I look forward to my cruises so much I don't know if I could bear to be bumped off.

And Merry Christmas and happy cruising to you both in 2017 Theo

Rhona

Thanks Rhona, same to you two.

Theo

Details:

We got:

So the bottom line is:

3800 OBC

9000 Cruise 1

16000 Cruise 2

100 for dinners

Had I not read this here, I would not have believed such a great deal!

We had a little 4 day cruise (all that would fit into the work schedule) where we suddenly noticed on the personalizer that we had been upgraded from an inside cabin on a high deck and all the way forward to a HC accessible balcony on Caribe deck on Crown Princess. It was a multi category upgrade with absolutely no notice from Princess. We were very surprised but pleased.

Your welcome Mike......

Have to call Princess.

i emailed my PCP over the weekend, and she replied today that she marked us "no upgrade"

Curious, would they "offer" you an upgrade, or just do it and let you find out later that you were upgraded ? If marked no upgrade, could you possibly be offererd an "upsell" ?? thanx, Mike in CT

Edited by RotaryMike

i emailed my PCP over the weekend, and she replied today that she marked us "no upgrade"

Curious, would they "offer" you an upgrade, or just do it and let you find out later that you were upgraded ? If marked no upgrade, could you possibly be offererd an "upsell" ?? thanx, Mike in CT

Yes, you can.

Also, be mindful there is another category in the selection- (I paraphrase)- "Open to a meta-upgrade" meaning you are willing to switch categories (from an OV to a B, or a B to an MS).

Received move over offers before by email weeks before sailing, but not thru a phone call a few days before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got a move over offer a few years ago via an email sent on Monday for a Greek Islands cruise that we were embarking on Thursday.

It's not uncommon when they have a full, popular ship and alternate cruises that are going off far from full.

We declined because our flight was the next day and we had a week of post-cruise plans in Italy that would've been to difficult to in just a few hours, and because the cruises they offered us would've been in November, and therefore colder and rainier weather .

Yes, you can.

Also, be mindful there is another category in the selection- (I paraphrase)- "Open to a meta-upgrade" meaning you are willing to switch categories (from an OV to a B, or a B to an MS).

Thanx Tracie, i'm enjoying your Coral say by day reports, we're doing it next month, Mike in CT

Thanx Tracie, i'm enjoying your Coral say by day reports, we're doing it next month, Mike in CT

Thank you, Mike. I actually did that cruise a year ago. It was a great way to get through that first "tough holiday".

However- I leave in 2 and a half weeks for a solo cruise in Singapore to Bali, Malaysia, and Thailand. I plan to write a live from. Stay tuned !

We got a move over offer a few years ago via an email sent on Monday for a Greek Islands cruise that we were embarking on Thursday.

It's not uncommon when they have a full, popular ship and alternate cruises that are going off far from full.

We declined because our flight was the next day and we had a week of post-cruise plans in Italy that would've been to difficult to in just a few hours, and because the cruises they offered us would've been in November, and therefore colder and rainier weather .

We would have declined it too. We declined ours because our minds were already set on traveling.