American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

You must have the wrong Amex card, I get about $1000 cashback a year with my preferred card. I pay everything possible with the card and pay the balance every month.

Same here! I more than doubled that. Gas and groceries alone w/ the 5% cash back! $800 every 6 mos alone last year just in $100 cruise credits = $1600! Never carry a balance ... never pay interest. I love my AmEx card!

Is this only valid for new bookings? I booked a cruise for 2019 last year, only put down the deposit thus far and would pay the rest with Amex.

Yes, it's payments too ... as long as you add the offer ... and the payment is $500 or more w/ the card ... redeemable 1x for each card.

I seriously hope they offer it again at the end of the year ... I've got 3 more cruise balances to pay for. LOL

You could just put $500 on one of the cruise balances to qualify for the $100 this spring before it's gone.

Trust me ... I will use it. I have 8 cards and I will max out the $100 credit on each card (used 3 already). That will cover the balance of my Hawaii cruise and 1 toward my girls cruise. But still have balances on my Girls Cruise 04/2019 ... NE&Canada 09/2019 ... Panama Canal 02/2020. That's why I need them to roll it out again! ;p

You must have the wrong Amex card, I get about $1000 cashback a year with my preferred card. I pay everything possible with the card and pay the balance every month

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I looked at that card, and I couldn't justify the fee. The 6% at grocery store is surely nice, but I don't shop at grocery stores very often. I do most of my shopping at Walmart, which doesn't count. I bounce between a few cards. My "everyday" card is 2% cash back. Right now, I'm getting 5% cash back on mobile payments through chase freedom. Then with all of my dining and travel, I get 4.5% with Chase Sapphire Reserve. That pretty much covers most of my spending.

I looked at that card, and I couldn't justify the fee. The 6% at grocery store is surely nice, but I don't shop at grocery stores very often. I do most of my shopping at Walmart, which doesn't count. I bounce between a few cards. My "everyday" card is 2% cash back. Right now, I'm getting 5% cash back on mobile payments through chase freedom. Then with all of my dining and travel, I get 4.5% with Chase Sapphire Reserve. That pretty much covers most of my spending.

I have AmEx Blue ... I think the fee is $99 a year ... I bank way more than that each year to cover that fee. In fact, usually $50 mo in cash back in gas alone w/ that card. AmEx has offered MANY other perks that I LOVE by way of rewards. Last year they also offered 10% cash back on any major cable company payments ... 10% cash back on any major cell phone provider payments (I used that on each card for 6 mos too). The grocery part works for us b/c we use Kroger which is down the street ... I HATE Walmart. Right now they are offering 10% cash back on any Starbucks purchases.

Reward cards are all in how you use them to get the best benefit.

I use it Alot for gift cards from the grocery store . I get $500 cards for like a $5 fee and am up $25 each card up to the limit. Whatever works For each of us

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

AmEx has offered MANY other perks that I LOVE by way of rewards. Last year they also offered 10% cash back on any major cable company payments ... 10% cash back on any major cell phone provider payments (I used that on each card for 6 mos too).

Can't disagree with that, but they are also available on no-fee cards.

It's the same link for both times. If it let you click through and add it to your card, you're good to go. Did you check and see if it was added to your offers? I just used it on all 4 of my cards within the past week. You will also get an email congratulating you on redeeming an offer.

Not sure if you will even see this and I’ll ask “our” PVP but were you able to use this booking through your PVP at his # and extension? The offer says you book through Carnival.com or a specific # but I have a different # for him.

For anyone else reading, we’re you able to redeem this offer booking through your PVP or travel agent?

Not sure if you will even see this and I’ll ask “our” PVP but were you able to use this booking through your PVP at his # and extension? The offer says you book through Carnival.com or a specific # but I have a different # for him.

For anyone else reading, we’re you able to redeem this offer booking through your PVP or travel agent?

Yes, as long as the charge comes through to Amex as Carnival Cruise Reservations (or something very similar). If your TA is one of those whom you pay and who then in turn pays the cruise line, the charge likely will not be recognized by Amex. With a PVP, the charge should come through to Amex accordingly (Carnival Cruise Reservations) and be accepted for the offer.

Yes, as long as the charge comes through to Amex as Carnival Cruise Reservations (or something very similar). If your TA is one of those whom you pay and who then in turn pays the cruise line, the charge likely will not be recognized by Amex. With a PVP, the charge should come through to Amex accordingly (Carnival Cruise Reservations) and be accepted for the offer.

Thank you for the super quick response. Booking tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep, joepeka is right - you can call our PVP and use it. He is very familiar with my Amex cards when they run this special! LOL!

Yep, joepeka is right - you can call our PVP and use it. He is very familiar with my Amex cards when they run this special! LOL!

Awesome! I’ll have a few for him so I’m glad he’s had some practice [emoji6].

Are you cruising soon? We’re booking Miracle July 29 but have a quick hop over to RCI for hubby and I in April.

Anyone have luck getting AMX to add the offer to their card if not there? Mine not there on Delta AMX and as stated, the link does not work this time.

I called AMEX twice and did an online chat and they indicated they could not add it to my card, it has to be one of the offers already shown. They looked and didn't see it on my Hilton Honors AMEX card.

Just got off the phone with Amex and the woman told me the offer expired in December. I explained that it was a new promotion and visible on the WLCL website but she didn't have any further explanation other than it was expired and she didn't show a new one. So frustrating!!! I looked on our offers and it is not visible as an offer for our card...