Coming back to the fold

iheartbda

That's how Celebrity does B2B cruises -- they always start each cruise [they may have seemed like 'segments' to you, but there were separate cruises] with Menu #1. If you sail the true 14-day itineraries you will get all 14 menus.

They do the same with their Sudoku and crossword puzzles. :D

We spread our wings, for reasons I won't go into, but have always wanted to go back. Never had a bad cruise on any of the other lines but always felt Celebrity food was the best and there was just "something" overall that we never felt on other lines. I guess one could say that X has that X factor.:D

Come Jan. I will finally see if Celebrity is still my favorite compared to three other lines. Since we will be in Aqua Class,

I hope you enjoy your upcoming Celebrity cruise. Is it an M or S class ship? I'm curious what other cruise lines you spread your wings with?

It will also be interesting to see your interpretation of the Celebrity cruise after returning from a hiatus especially since you'll be in AQ.

I'm usually on the carnival forums because I have a family and love to drink. However we are doing celebrity in 2 weeks.

These forums are all the same of people complaining. I'm sure the service and food on celebrity is top notch.

Some complaints probably are warranted but some people think they are cruising on their own yacht and not a ship with a few thousand other people.

Btw, these people cant afford their own yacht but in their mind they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh very well put :) I'm not by nature a cheerleader, but I really can't see why some complain about such trivial things :) Things change over time, which is as it should be. I would never expect things to never change or change only as I would change them (if that makes sense). Have a wonderful cruise!!! I go in Sep and I wish it were next week :)

I am glad to see your post. We will be trying X for the first time in May. We have tried NCL, and most recently HAL. We drifted away from NCL after several cruises because we felt the value for the experience just wasn't there. We love HAL, it was a better fit for us than NCL. Unfortunately we never really got a "deal" cruising with HAL, and found the price for a Neptune suite prohibitively expensive. We always booked a Vista Suite (glorified Verandah cabin LOL) hoping for an offer to upgrade to a Neptune Suite for a fee, but that just never happened. So while checking out other cruise lines, I found a great deal with X on a Sky suite. Of course reading CC posts about X, there are good reviews and bad reviews. Trying to take it all with a grain of salt. Read a lot of bad reviews of HAL's Veendam before we travelled but we liked that ship just fine. But I'm glad to hear from someone who has tried other lines and feels X is worth going back to, makes me feel pretty good about our upcoming cruise. Even if it's not perfect, many people seem to like X and that says something. Hope we are in that majority as well. Thanks again!

Hey there-- Our first cruise on Summit (just back from another cruise on her) was a Sky Suite. YOU WILL LOVE IT. Huge amount of space, butler to help you with anything you need (ex: you have a "private" version of room service--and DO have them set a table in your stateroom one night, ordering off the MDR menu), little treats (afternoon & pre-dinner hors d'ouevres), free laundry & pressing, etc. Cheers!

PS--In Sept we cruised on the Oosterdam with a fab veranda deal--HAL being our favorite line--and at the last minute upgraded to a Neptune Suite for just an extra $200 each. Unbelievable & spoiled us for good. So keep your eyes open--it DOES happen!

Edited by sofietucker

I've seen some posts by people who say they are done with Celebrity and moving on. I don't know if they actually jumped ship or it was an idle threat. If they left for real, I'm going to even the score.:)

Our first cruise was on Celebrity and we went on to do five in a row. We spread our wings, for reasons I won't go into, but have always wanted to go back. Never had a bad cruise on any of the other lines but always felt Celebrity food was the best and there was just "something" overall that we never felt on other lines. I guess one could say that X has that X factor.:D

Come Jan. I will finally see if Celebrity is still my favorite compared to three other lines. Since we will be in Aqua Class, I've looked for threads to see what people are saying. One thread on Blu was probably 95% positive and a recent one is rather negative. I know I must take reviews with a grain salt so I will not let the negatives affect me.:)

It seems to me that it's those who have been in Aqua Class any number of times who see Blu as being repetitive and also see the changes/cutbacks. It's going to be all new to me so I probably won't notices the negatives.

Celebrity, here I come!

Be surprised when nothing to compare with...... Enjoy AQ:)

Hey there-- Our first cruise on Summit (just back from another cruise on her) was a Sky Suite. YOU WILL LOVE IT. Huge amount of space, butler to help you with anything you need (ex: you have a "private" version of room service--and DO have them set a table in your stateroom one night, ordering off the MDR menu), little treats (afternoon & pre-dinner hors d'ouevres), free laundry & pressing, etc. Cheers!

PS--In Sept we cruised on the Oosterdam with a fab veranda deal--HAL being our favorite line--and at the last minute upgraded to a Neptune Suite for just an extra $200 each. Unbelievable & spoiled us for good. So keep your eyes open--it DOES happen!

Oh nice, sounds awesome! We will miss HAL as we've had a nice time when we've cruised with them. I guess we pick popular HAL trips because they always end up selling out, therefor no upgrades. Yet. But since we do similar itineraries every time ( Bermuda, and Canada/New England) it's interesting to try different lines. I have always wanted to try Celebrity and luckily got a great deal on that Sky Suite that I just couldn't pass up. That's why I'm reading any negative Summit reviews with an open mind. We are truly psyched and looking forward May! Thanks. :)

I've seen some posts by people who say they are done with Celebrity and moving on. I don't know if they actually jumped ship or it was an idle threat. If they left for real, I'm going to even the score.:)

Our first cruise was on Celebrity and we went on to do five in a row. We spread our wings, for reasons I won't go into, but have always wanted to go back. Never had a bad cruise on any of the other lines but always felt Celebrity food was the best and there was just "something" overall that we never felt on other lines. I guess one could say that X has that X factor.:D

Come Jan. I will finally see if Celebrity is still my favorite compared to three other lines. Since we will be in Aqua Class, I've looked for threads to see what people are saying. One thread on Blu was probably 95% positive and a recent one is rather negative. I know I must take reviews with a grain salt so I will not let the negatives affect me.:)

It seems to me that it's those who have been in Aqua Class any number of times who see Blu as being repetitive and also see the changes/cutbacks. It's going to be all new to me so I probably won't notices the negatives.

Celebrity, here I come!

You are on our cruise!! I cannot wait! We have friends that are joining my whole family since they enjoyed the Reflection so much in April.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming Celebrity cruise. Is it an M or S class ship? I'm curious what other cruise lines you spread your wings with?

Reflection and is that an S class? Just not familiar with everything X.:o

We've been on NCL, Princess and Royal Caribbean, each more than just once. My Captain's Club put me in good standing with RC's Crown and Anchor, although we don't normally cruise for just the perks since some are good and some not so much.

It will also be interesting to see your interpretation of the Celebrity cruise after returning from a hiatus especially since you'll be in AQ.

Yes, it will and I'm sure I will not notice the cutbacks everyone talks about. Although I did think the Cova chocolates were the best.;)

You are on our cruise!! I cannot wait! We have friends that are joining my whole family since they enjoyed the Reflection so much in April.

See you on board.

Edited by iheartbda

The basic product is still enjoyable, but it's really not what it was. Even my partner saw a slide and our recent sailing in October was only his second.

I agree 100%. We cruised Celebrity before they started with their tier system. There were no Aqua class and Blu and there were no overpriced Suites and Luminae. So in 16 years of cruising mainly with Celebrity I have seen the cutbacks, the little things that make Celebrity special is no longer there. Now it's just a basic enjoyable cruise hate to say.

Reflection and is that an S class? Just not familiar with everything X.:o

We've been on NCL, Princess and Royal Caribbean, each more than just once. My Captain's Club put me in good standing with RC's Crown and Anchor, although we don't normally cruise for just the perks since some are good and some not so much.

Yes, it will and I'm sure I will not notice the cutbacks everyone talks about. Although I did think the Cova chocolates were the best.;)

See you on board.

Yes, Reflection is one of the S class ships. She was entered into the fleet

in 2012. The other S class ships are Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and

Silhouette.