Royal Princess Photo Review December 10-20, 2016

loupana

This may be bad timing to start my Photo review being Christmas time but if I wait to long to get this going I may not do it. Not sure how much interest there is in another Royal Princess review since it’s been out for a few years, but I like to relive my cruise by posting photos for others to see that may be interested. Like other photo reviews I’ve done plan on lots of photos and not much text.

Being our first Princess Cruise I cannot compare this ship to any other in the fleet but will state that we Loved this ship and crew it was absolutely fantastic.

This was a 10 day Southern Caribbean Medley Cruise, here is the Itinerary

31717531911_6815b7eba6_z.jpg

30993241654_947f4ca8a5_z.jpg

We arrived on Friday December 9th went to meet up with the hotel shuttle but it never showed up and calling the hotel was not successful. Pinged Uber but the driver I got only wanted to go to Miami so went and took a cab to the hotel.

Once at the hotel the power was out, which explains why they couldn’t answer phones. Explained that we waited an hour for the shuttle that never showed, they credited us the cost of the taxi. They could not check us in yet so we went out to grab a bite to eat. After eating we walked up to the 17th street bridge that looks over the cruise port to see what ships were in port.

Celebrity Infinity

31796598506_bb7ec7a69f_b.jpg

Holland America Rotterdam

31796597966_01cee930d2_b.jpg

and the Celebrity Equinox, the first Cruise ship we were on that got us hooked…

30993590394_2fb3d55a2c_b.jpg

31796659266_ce37c25a64_b.jpg

Edited by LouTheGlue

Walked back to the hotel was able to check in, power was on but the elevators were not working. So we left our luggage at the front desk and walked up to the 5th floor. We went down later for our luggage. No offer from the hotel to bring our luggage to us.

Early to bed, early to rise.

December 10th, 2016

Woke up went straight to my laptop to check the port webcams and notice Royal Princess was just pulling into the channel. I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs with camera in hand to take photos and record it coming in, only to find it pouring rain. Oh well there goes that idea. After breakfast there was a bit of a break in the weather so we went out to take photos from the 17th street bridge and just when we got into a good spot it started raining hard again. So I only got a couple of pics…

31645073932_a713f17bc4_b.jpg

31792451845_5799b66051_b.jpg

Hotel had a shuttle to the port for $8 per person, we took Uber for $5. We arrived at Terminal 2 at 10AM. Way too early had to wait in line until 11:05 before the line started to move. Got checked in around 11:30AM and started to board at 12:00PM.

31792345135_8321604a8b_b.jpg

31792344605_a5ef1ed81f_b.jpg

We'll be sailing on the Royal next October as well, so I'm very interested in your photos and comments. It will be our first cruise on one of the larger ships and would like to know if it feels crowded or if you experienced any problems disembarking at the various ports. The ship looks gorgeous all decked out for Christmas.

Is that squarish box on the wall and reflected in the mirror a night light? It looks sort of like a thermostat, but I'm sure that's not what it is.:confused:

If I remember correctly I think it was a plug for an electric shaver inside, not sure how it opened never tried...

If I remember correctly I think it was a plug for an electric shaver inside, not sure how it opened never tried...

Ahhh! That makes sense (I didn't notice the plug for the shaver was missing), that's where I plug in my night light.

Also, what is the round thingy right below the mysterious box?

Haven't been on a Regal/Royal yet, so some of the things in your pix are new to me.

It was nice to see that they separated the electrical outlets on the desk, so you can actually plug in 2 things at the same time. What a concept!! On "older" ships, the 2 outlets are so close together you can only use one at a time. :(

Edited by JF - retired RRT

We'll be sailing on the Royal next October as well, so I'm very interested in your photos and comments. It will be our first cruise on one of the larger ships and would like to know if it feels crowded or if you experienced any problems disembarking at the various ports. The ship looks gorgeous all decked out for Christmas.

Only felt a bit crowded some times leaving Princess Live and the Theater. The Piazza on formal nights was very busy because everyone is out and most of the Piazza is setup for photos which leaves less room for watching the entertainment and moving around. Never had any issue disembarking on port days, even tendering at Princess Cays went smooth.

Ahhh! That makes sense (I didn't notice the plug for the shaver was missing), that's where I plug in my night light.

Also, what is the round thingy right below the mysterious box?

Haven't been on a Regal/Royal yet, so some of the things in your pix are new to me.

It was nice to see that they separated the electrical outlets on the desk, so you can actually plug in 2 things at the same time. What a concept!! On "older" ships, the 2 outlets are so close together you can only use one at a time. :(

The round mysterious box stays a mystery, I don't recall what it was:)

Thanks, Lou! I am enjoying your review. :D

We will be sailing the same itinerary, but in different order, on the CB in 2818. I will definitely be following along to get a preview of what is to come.

Good choice, I think I would prefer the reverse Itinerary. Didn't feel like spending to much time at Princess Cays because it was the last day.