Recent Stay at Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale

Roz

There's a restaurant in the hotel. In addition, in the Harbor Shoppes, is Gilbert's Grill and an Asian fusion restaurant. Beside the hotel is an Outback Steakhouse and a nice (but pricey) Italian restaurant called Mezzaluna. There are others, and I'm sure someone will stop by and add some.

Roz

Across the street you'll find a fast food chicken place that has a decent menu.

Also an Irish pub with Irish food .

In the same mall as Ross ( across the street and towards the ocean ) there is an Italian place and past that ( in the same strip mall ) is Kelly's Landing which is a New England bar with fresh seafood. I'm trying the lobster special there next month.

In the Harbor Shop parking lot there is a Fireman's sub place.. it was a nice place to grab food to go and eat it on the Embassy Suites patio while drinking their free drinks. In fact, the patio is a nice place to chill and socialize.

There are tons of places. I suggest using google maps and check it out!

If you want to venture out Uber is fast and cheap! Plus you will always find waiting taxis at ES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by IndyDenise

Gilbert's is a decent family owned burger place. Nothing fancy , pretty low key.

Duffy's Sports Bar is a small chain Applebee's type place.

Pros are that it is clean, very clean.

Cons: kinda pricey for what it is and slow service..plus it is kinda a wannabe. It wants to be a sports bar but has no atmosphere.. it wants to be family friendly but is to expensive for what you get. Honestly Chilies or such is better.

We stayed at ES on 17th Jan 2 & 3rd. The service at this hotel is awesome. The breakfast was cooked to order and the evening reception was really nice.

If you like a really GOOD hamburger, be sure to try Gilbert's. After 10 days of unidentifiable food on the Serenade of the Seas, that was the BEST burger & fries in the world! We also enjoyed the "real" food at Outback.

Yes, Gilbert's. Very well run family owned restaurant, and Mrs. Gilbert makes me feel like she's known me my entire life. I had the best sweet potato fries when I was there last month. The mushroom barley soup was absolutely delicious - homemade for sure.

Roz

• 3 weeks later...

There is a Mexican restaurant in that little strip plaza just across the street from Embassy. I think it's Carlos and Pepe's. I think they have the best homemade salsa ever! Th menu is pretty extensive...not all Mexican but all good.

Does this hotel offer shuttle service from FLL airport?

This past Nov I was traveling by myself and called ES and they sent a van to pick me up, cost $8.00. A taxi is a better way to go if there is more than one needing transportation because the cost is about $15.00.

Both hotels are very convenient, but Embassy Suites is closer if you're planning on buying a lot at the grocery store or Total Wine.

I was disappointed in our stays at the Embassy Suites both before and after a cruise last month. The manager's reception isn't great unless you're a drinker. I'm not. But a lot of folks were enjoying their drinks both nights we stayed there. For the price we paid, the first room was a little bit worn and could use a major refurbishing. Our second room was much better.

My biggest complaint was that the reason I booked the Embassy Suites for our post-cruise stay was the promise of 2 p.m. checkout time if occupancy permitted. The girl at the front desk didn't even bother to look at anything before turning me down. We had to check out of our room by noon and have them hold our large pieces of luggage until we were ready to catch a cab to the airport for our flight home.

Woohoo! Two weeks from today I'll be checking into Riverside !

But..,,

Woohooo! Two weeks and one day I'll be checking in to ES..(and add two hours to that and I'll be drinking free drinks)

Love me some Embassy Suites!

Yippppeeee

Edited by IndyDenise

Woohoo! Two weeks from today I'll be checking into Riverside !

But..,,

Woohooo! Two weeks and one day I'll be checking in to ES..(and add two hours to that and I'll be drinking free drinks)

Love me some Embassy Suites!

Yippppeeee

IndyDenise, it will be so wonderful if you can report back after the stay at Riverside hotel. I was thinking about staying there later this year. Thanks !

IndyDenise, it will be so wonderful if you can report back after the stay at Riverside hotel. I was thinking about staying there later this year. Thanks !

I sure will. I'm actually staying in the older section by choice . Some reviews said the newer section was close to construction.

I'm pretty excited to be staying on Las Olas Blvd.

If you are staying on Las Olas you have to try Louie Bossi's. Excellent Italian food, great pizza, and great drinks. The place is always packed, very noisy, but I love it. Extensive wine list, homemade pasta, and homemade bread. The place is definitely a lot of fun. Bar is always jumping too!

If you are staying on Las Olas you have to try Louie Bossi's. Excellent Italian food, great pizza, and great drinks. The place is always packed, very noisy, but I love it. Extensive wine list, homemade pasta, and homemade bread. The place is definitely a lot of fun. Bar is always jumping too!

Don't laugh but it'll be Cheesecake Factory. For some reason I crave their meatloaf when traveling.. and a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake to go eaten at 2:00am after several ( lots! ) of Margaritas!

Don't laugh but it'll be Cheesecake Factory. For some reason I crave their meatloaf when traveling.. and a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake to go eaten at 2:00am after several ( lots! ) of Margaritas!

Oh my! Their Red Velvet Cheesecake is to die for!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both hotels are very convenient, but Embassy Suites is closer if you're planning on buying a lot at the grocery store or Total Wine.

I was disappointed in our stays at the Embassy Suites both before and after a cruise last month. The manager's reception isn't great unless you're a drinker. I'm not. But a lot of folks were enjoying their drinks both nights we stayed there. For the price we paid, the first room was a little bit worn and could use a major refurbishing. Our second room was much better.

My biggest complaint was that the reason I booked the Embassy Suites for our post-cruise stay was the promise of 2 p.m. checkout time if occupancy permitted. The girl at the front desk didn't even bother to look at anything before turning me down. We had to check out of our room by noon and have them hold our large pieces of luggage until we were ready to catch a cab to the airport for our flight home.

If you checked out on a Saturday or Sunday.....it is very rare for them to grant additional time past noon. The problem is that they are often fully booked by folks coming off other cruises....and they try to have the rooms ready ASAP for new arrivals. Even with higher Hilton Honors status....it is hard to get more then a few minute extension.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner