List of things to remember?

ZiggyG

Place 1/2 the stuff you think you might need back in the drawers, and double the $$$ you bring.

Honestly, I've never needed a shoe organizer, hi lighter, door pictures, collapsable vacuum bags, towel clips, rum runners, alarm clock, walkie talkie, laptop, a suitcase full of just shoes, etc, etc etc.

Place 1/2 the stuff you think you might need back in the drawers, and double the $$$ you bring.

Honestly, I've never needed a shoe organizer, hi lighter, door pictures, collapsable vacuum bags, towel clips, rum runners, alarm clock, walkie talkie, laptop, a suitcase full of just shoes, etc, etc etc.

For the most part I agree. I am going on vacation. I don't want to be a pack mule for half my house to go with me. But that is my thought. To each their own.

I do take a laptop, it is my preferred way to communicate with those left at home and I transfer photos to it each day should the camera or chip go missing.

I also take a clock but it has two plugs and two usb ports and emits enough light to allow a safe trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night. That clock does quadruple duty.

I am not going to devote luggage space to door decorations. Especially as inconsistent as Carnival is regarding their enforcement or lack of enforcement.

The essential travel items: Identification, Boarding pass, prescription meds and funds. Anything else you can purchase or do without.

Have a wonderful cruise and don't over think things.

Only you can decide what you need... however I have a list that I've shared with family and friends... I always warn them to use it appropriately- are you flying or driving to the port? Do you have airline luggage constraints to deal with? are you a beach person?

So feel free to use this to help you decide what you might want to bring...

Cruising Checklist for Everyone.xls

Edited by Shaded Lady

I know there are specific packing tips of what to bring.... not looking for that, as I am a Platinum cruiser, just looking for tips on packing light without overlooking the basics. We are flying and have scuba gear and wine that will be replacing other items in our suitcases! Thinking of bringing laundry pods and doing a couple loads mid-week... thanks in advance for any ideas.

Edited by QTPieRye

The only thing that we brought last time that really came in handy was a First-Aid kit. It had all the normal stuff, but then we added Ibuprofen, Tums, Pepto, Cough Drops, and Sinus and Allergy pills. REALLY came in handy. All the stuff in the shops is over priced.

Looking for a good check list for things to remember, tips, etc.

There are several posts on here about suggested things to bring. Just use the "Search" function on here. You can also do a search on Google for cruise packing lists. Everyone's needs vary, so use the suggested lists you find as a sort of guideline and create your own list. Unless you're a seasoned traveler, it's a safe bet that you'll pack some things that you'll never use. Start with the items you'll definitely need, such as passports and travel documents (such as boarding passes). Print off any e-mail confirmations you've received for excursions you've booked, especially those independent of the cruise line. Bring any meds. you'll need, both prescription and non-prescription. You'll need a credit card (NOT an ATM card) or cash for your on board account. I've found that it helps to group related items together before packing. I'm less likely to forget something. Example: bathing suit, sandals (or flip-flops) and sunblock together. Suit, tie, dress shirt and dress shoes together. Etc. etc. Be sure to put any liquid items you're bringing in zip lock bags, such as shampoo, mouthwash, Downy Wrinkle Release, etc. Otherwise, you could have a mess to contend with if something leaks in your suitcase. :eek:

Only you can decide what you need... however I have a list that I've shared with family and friends... I always warn them to use it appropriately- are you flying or driving to the port? Do you have airline luggage constraints to deal with? are you a beach person?

Thank You! This is PERFECT!!! :)

Me, either!

I know it sounds OCD, but I take a travel size disinfectant spray. As soon as I get in the room, I spray the remote, door handles, phone, etc. Maybe it's because I work in a hospital, but I really want to do what I can to minimize germs in my room.

here is what i did - i found a bunch of a different travel pack lists from people who cruise and then combined the list into one giant list and then of course separated stuff out by

CLOTHING

BATHROOM STUFF

ELECTRONICS

etc

then I went thru and added things that were not on the list that I specifically wanted on the list for instance I always bring a 9 inch fan so I added that to my list

once all my specific stuff was done I removed stuff that i knew for a fact i would never use for instance on one list a walker for an elderly person was included - well i don't use a walker so i don't need that on my list - I also don't wear ball gowns so I don't have that on my list while my best friend has it on hers - Anyways so then I save that file to my computer - remember this list has everything that i could possibly ever need - occassionally something new comes up for my travel needs and I add it to the master list so that I always have it

When ever I travel I open the master list save it as the name of the trip its for or the date its for and then i start hacking away at the list - for example i have 3 different cameras one is a big fancy one - another is a smaller size one that is still good and one is an underwater camera - well depending on where i go i don't need all 3 - if I know I won't be doing underwater adventures then I can skip packing that camera .... etc this way i am stuck with a personalized list of what I need for that trip and can print it out to help with my packing needs and it does not hurt to print an extra copy to throw in your bag to help with the repacking when leaving

Thank you for this list.

I use a check off list when packing for any cruise or trip. I, like others, have updated my list after several cruises when I realized there were things I never really used. I still tend to take a few too many clothing options, but they don't take up much room and you never know.

A newer item I added recently & that I have used on each of my last 3 cruises are towel clips for the lounge chairs. If you like to lay out on deck while the ship is moving, these take up very little space & have come in very handy. On this last cruise on the Sunshine - it was super windy every day. There would have been no way to even change positions without having the beach towel literally fly away without those wonderful clips. So, they are now on my packing list for cruising!!

I know there are specific packing tips of what to bring.... not looking for that, as I am a Platinum cruiser, just looking for tips on packing light without overlooking the basics. We are flying and have scuba gear and wine that will be replacing other items in our suitcases! Thinking of bringing laundry pods and doing a couple loads mid-week... thanks in advance for any ideas.

I have always enjoyed using the platinum perk for 2 free laundry loads per 7 day cruise, no pods needed. I send out tees, polos, briefs sox, never had a problem with missing or damaged items.

Sure beats waiting at the laundry room for wash & dryer loads to finish.