70 days? or 90 days for final?

mafig

I've forgotten.....

I'm tracking a couple of cruises in April. I wonder how close I am to final payment.

Is it 70 days or 90 days?

It is 90 days for five days or more. Under five days it is 75 days.

Your due dates are on your confirmation.

Edited by Charles4515

Check you confirmation. I had 2 reservations for the same trip. (Our room and my sons). I had it marked on my calendar a week out to 'pay off cruise' until I got an email saying his reservation was being canceled for non-payment. His reservation for some reason was 3 weeks earlier than ours. Needless to say I call and paid both off immediately

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

I'm sorry, I confused you. What I meant by tracking April cruises is that I haven't booked one yet and was tracking the prices and wondering if I should wait....or book....and if wait, when final was so I could see if the prices went down.

As mentioned, final payment is due 90 days prior to sailing unless your cruise was booked prior to April, 2016 in which case it's 75 days.

I'm booked for a March cruise and have been checking prices on Feb cruises just to see and so far have not seen any price drop on the sailings I've been looking at. This past summer I didn't see a price drop until 45 days prior...

All that to say, you never know when (or if) there will be a price drop.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I was doing a Search for this thread because I wanted to make sure that it was, indeed, 90 days.

It seems based on another thread I read that it is 75 days. That change was from 90 to 75 not the other way around.;)

OK, I was doing a Search for this thread because I wanted to make sure that it was, indeed, 90 days.

It seems based on another thread I read that it is 75 days. That change was from 90 to 75 not the other way around.;)

If you plan to book a cruise after final payment, make sure you can book and transfer to a travel agent at the same time, because I've read that someone booked then later wanted to transfer to a TA, but could not since it was after final payment.

Can you cite the source of this thread? I believe you misinterpreted it or the person who posted the thread misinterpreted it. There is a lot of misinformation floating around on Cruise Critic.

The change was from 75 to 90 days. Here is a link from Celebrity that addresses the changes made.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049647_NEW_CANCELLATION_POLICY.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Can you cite the source of this thread? I believe you misinterpreted it or the person who posted the thread misinterpreted it. There is a lot of misinformation floating around on Cruise Critic.

I can't find the thread, but in reading others, it seems that I

was confused with the goings back and forth. Sorry everyone.:o